Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

front speakers

jun_crack333
11-13-2003, 09:51 PM
my problem is i got a 91 civic 4g4d and the front speakers sound low i could hardly hear them after i put my system on the same thing's happenin' wit' my boys car (same car as mine) wat can we do to make them sound good..

GScivic7
11-14-2003, 12:56 AM
what do you mean they sound low??? Like low volume, use some english. If that's the case, buy an amp for them

jun_crack333
11-14-2003, 02:53 PM
i have an amp but the front speakers are not connected to the amplifier thus they sound very low,now the way they sound is extremely low.they should sound the way it sounded when i did not have a system..... hint.... hint! loud enough (am i speaking english now)

knorwj
11-14-2003, 04:29 PM
So what is the amp for? subs?, or rear speakers?

good subs with a decent amp will drown out stock speakers especially in a 91 (speakers are old man, the speakers in my teg didn't have any surrounds left when i bought the car!!) and make them sound lower even if they really aren't. of course this can happen with aftermarket speakers as well if they are unamplified. plus some high quality speakers have to be amplified to work properly.

If the amp is for rear speakers then of course the front ones will sound low? they will probably distort sooner then the amplified ones also.

Did you and your "boy" do the installs yourself? if so maybe the amps gains are not adjusted properly, your amp needs to be tuned by someone or you need to tune it after being installed to utilize your specific speakers properly, every speaker need the amp set differently.

Now this is all assuming you meant quieter when you said low?

if you meant they sound as if they are a lower frequency, then maybe the tweeters are screwed up and you are only gettin midranges. i don't really know about that. if they were amplified then there would be a few things that could be wrong but you said that they are unamplifed so then i can really only think of the one thing.

oh yeah by the way... don't get an attitude with people if they are asking you to clarify what you mean in a question. He was only asking you to clarify so he could try and help you , and he didn't have an attitude or anything with you so why pick fight? you'll get more help and gain more respect the more helpful you are.

anyway hope this helps out... if not let us know in a little more detail or maybe clarify on any of the ideas i thought of, so we can try again.

GScivic7
11-14-2003, 07:14 PM
i have an amp but the front speakers are not connected to the amplifier thus they sound very low,now the way they sound is extremely low.they should sound the way it sounded when i did not have a system..... hint.... hint! loud enough (am i speaking english now)

you could also have your highs and treble settings down on your headunit, i would check that too...and I still don't get what you mean by low, like they are putting out low frequencies or low volume?

knorwj
11-14-2003, 08:05 PM
you could also have your highs and treble settings down on your headunit, i would check that too...and I still don't get what you mean by low, like they are putting out low frequencies or low volume?

good point i didn't even think of the EQ on the HU.

I wasn't sure if he meant low volume or low frequency either...

jun_crack333
11-16-2003, 04:27 PM
sorry for gettin an attitude but i took it offensive but i think i found a solution ima just connect it to the amp along with the rear speakers

Add your comment to this topic!