Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

runnin wires...

JuMBoBeaTS
12-11-2001, 02:45 PM
i just got 15in. subs with a box and I'm about to get an amp for my 2k civic EX coupe... i just wanted to know if its a hard task to run wires from my trunk to my battery... and if it isnt hard... can you give me detailed instructions?? thanks :D

Beyond Imagination
12-11-2001, 04:18 PM
I would run my wires underneath the carpet on the passenger side of the car ... You will need to locate a hole in your firewall where you can put your wire through ... It's not difficult it just takes alot of removing/putting back parts of your interior ...

kicker1_solo
12-11-2001, 04:40 PM
yeah, that's the easiest way to do it. But it's also harder. It would be easier to just go under the plastic pieces that hold the carpet down.

JuMBoBeaTS
12-11-2001, 07:59 PM
thanks for the info... but which side would be the easiest to run??? how do i take off the plastic molding??? what would i use to run the wires?? what kind of hole in the firewall am i looking for?? can you give me a description?? or better yet... a link to a site that shows how to run those kinda wires... thanks again...

sparq
12-11-2001, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by JuMBoBeaTS
thanks for the info... but which side would be the easiest to run??? how do i take off the plastic molding??? what would i use to run the wires?? what kind of hole in the firewall am i looking for?? can you give me a description?? or better yet... a link to a site that shows how to run those kinda wires... thanks again...

In a civic, even though the battery is on the left side, look MIDWAY down the firewall (when looking into the engine bay) you will see a nice rubber gromet... cut a hole in it and slip the wire through. You will need to remove the bolts for the "dead pedal" (10mm I think ~ there should be two) and also a cheap, big plastic screw ... this holds the "kick panel" part in. Then start pulling (gently) and that should come out, pull on the plastic door-sill trim that just pops up and keep going all the way to the back.

Then for your RCA cables and remote turn on, do the same to the other side ~ and slip them down the passenger side. Even though you dont NEED to seperate the power and RCA wires, cheap wires will introduce alot of "noise" into the system and to avoid running them twice, just do it this way :)

JuMBoBeaTS
12-12-2001, 08:28 AM
what brand of cables should i get so i wouldn't get noise??? can you recommend a good wiring kit that u've seen online???:D

sparq
12-12-2001, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by JuMBoBeaTS
what brand of cables should i get so i wouldn't get noise??? can you recommend a good wiring kit that u've seen online???:D

I can only recommend the kits I use ~ but I cant sell you one less you want to make an order for $100 or more :D But no noise to date, very happy with them... hehe.

kicker1_solo
12-12-2001, 05:24 PM
the cables that I use are made by PIE, precision interface electronics, and I like them a lot. They're very clean and have practically no noise at all :)

ACCSlvCivic
12-14-2001, 06:41 PM
I can hook you up with an audiobahn 4ga wiring kit
includes
22' 4ga power
waterproof AGU fuse holder
1.8' 4ga ground
17' remote turn on
25" 12ga speaker wire
15' high quality gold terminal RCA cable
6 pcs 4" wire ties
8 pcs 24k gold female speaker connectors
8 pcs 24k gold 4ga butt connectors
2 pcs 24k gold 4ga ringterminal

i should be able to sell for $60+s/h
let me know and i can start hitting up my supplier :)

audiobahn makes d0pe stuff, so you'd end up getting a great deal

spy54
12-14-2001, 10:21 PM
ill back that audiobahn statment!:D :D :D

EightOhOne
12-16-2001, 06:05 PM
lol thats a good price for that kit and all...but does he really need 4ga wire for one amp?

kicker1_solo
12-17-2001, 01:21 AM
you can never be over prepared or equiped :)

Add your comment to this topic!