Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

'97 Grand Cherokee Problem ENGIN STALLS OBDII CODE P0351

FRANK P
11-11-2003, 08:29 PM
I Have A 97 Jeep That Is My Wife's Car, About A Month Ago She Told Me That It Was Stalling On Her, I Drove It For A Week Nothing Happened, Gave Her Back The Jeek, It Started Again, Now It Does It Every Day. While Driving At Low Speeds It Will Just Die, You Stop It Will Restart And You Can Drive On Until It Happens Again Ten Minutes To 24 Hours, At Higher Speeds It Cuts Out Or Dies But Will Start Back On Its Own. A Friend Has An Obdii Code Reader And Hooked It Up To Jeep It Gave Off 1 Code Of P0351. I Asked For Help At Auto Supply, But They Could Not Tell What I Needed To Replace Or Do. Help!!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE CODE READING, Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction, BUT WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE? THE JEEP RUNS AND STALLS BUT WILL RESTART, IF THE COIL WAS BAD THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY SPARK TO START OR RUN?

TorinoGT69
11-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Alldata says -- Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

DIY Mechanic
11-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Could be the coil but check the ez stuff.

Pickup coil, [in the distributer under the rotor], Spark Plugs, Distributer Cap & Rotor, Spark Plug Wires, Primary Coil, not much more to it than that actually.

After disconnecting the power to the pick up coil you can Ohm it out. The reading should be between 500-1200 ohms.

The Primary coil is the one on the passenger side front of the engine with the spark plug wire running from it to the middle of the distributor. The Pick up coil is in the distributer and has two small wires running to it.

I still think it will be spark plugs and/or Distributer Cap & Rotor

fdrepairshop
11-14-2003, 07:53 PM
6 or 8 cyl?
if its the 8 cyl change the ign wires first, if the 6 cyl update the coil, change it it should come with the updated connector from the dealer, they changed it a bit, ive had that problem many times.

Add your comment to this topic!