Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Adding supercharger

92bonny
11-11-2003, 02:37 PM
I currently own a 1992 bonneville SE nonsuperchared. I would like to however supercharge it with a supercharger from a 1992 ssei. So far I have heard it is impossible to do this to a nonsupercharged model because I don't have a heavy duty transmission, the fuel injectors are placed differently and so forth. If any one can confirm this or can tell me what I need to do and how much it will cost(assuming supercharger and manifold are $200) to be able to supercharge my car I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot. By the way I am fairly new to this site.

BryantGTP
11-18-2003, 10:38 AM
The differences between the supercharged and NA engines are many. Transmission, internal engine parts, manifolds, computer, and then some.

With a engine from '92, it might have a couple miles on it. Assuming it hasn't been rebuilt and you're running the factory tranny, you're gonna tear that engine up. If you want a supercharged car that bad, sell it and buy another similar car. I don't think prices on a previous generation Bonnie will be too extreme.

92bonny
11-23-2003, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the input

Add your comment to this topic!