Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Good Carbon Fiber Decals?

fujimituner235
11-11-2003, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know who makes a better carbon fiber decal sheet? I used Detail masters and there stuff is way to thin and I kept tearing it and when I did get it right there were stretch marks. Is SAS any good?

Vric
11-11-2003, 10:53 AM
SAS is good.
I tryed Museum Collection (the cheapest at HLJ). it's ticker than SAS one and this is What I use for now.. you will need lot of Microsol too

freakray
11-11-2003, 10:55 AM
All the ones I use as listed in the tutorial I wrote have given me VERY satisfactory results.
SAS is very good C/F decal, a nice thickness and conforms very well, I used it extensively on my 2002 Impreza WRC along with Renaissance C/F decal.

espin
11-11-2003, 02:15 PM
All the ones I use as listed in the tutorial I wrote have given me VERY satisfactory results.
SAS is very good C/F decal, a nice thickness and conforms very well, I used it extensively on my 2002 Impreza WRC along with Renaissance C/F decal.

Scale motor sports has great Carbon Fiber. He just sent me some new sheets and they all work well. Nice and thin, so it forms well. They also have a new blue metallic color that is hot.

fujimituner235
11-11-2003, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=espin]Scale motor sports has great Carbon Fiber. He just sent me some new sheets and they all work well. Nice and thin, so it forms well. They also have a new blue metallic color that is hot.[/QUOTE

When you say its thin, does it tear easy or cause stretch marks, cuz detail master's suck.

willster127
11-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Scale Motorsports CF is the best, it conforms well and when you hit it with a hair drier it 'heatshrinks' onto the part, fantastic, It's all I use.

They also do templated sets that have all the parts ready cut for certain kits, I've used one on my Toyota GT-One and the fit is incredible. Once you use them you'll never change!!

fujimituner235
11-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Ok I looked at the website did you get the carbon fiberplain weave?

willster127
11-12-2003, 10:56 AM
I get the twill weave black/pewter and the Carbon kevlar black/amber plain weave, you can pretty much do everything with these.

That said, the new plain weave looks pretty good, I suppose it depends on what your covering, I'd use twill weave for structural parts and plain for decorative/ancillary parts on an F1 car for example.

Add your comment to this topic!