Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Strange Problem 96 GS-R

SpasticMonkey85
11-10-2003, 02:49 PM
I have a 96 integra GS-R, i was makin a run this weekend when the check engine light came on, so i put the clutch in and was slowing down but the rpms were rising. I got stopped (out of gear) at the rpm just sat at 4000. Anytime the clutch is in or the car is out of gear the rpms quickly rise to about 3 or 4 thousand. While the car is in gear and in motion there is no problem, until you put the clutch in. I checked all the vacuum lines as i thought that could possibly be the problem but all seems fine. I am yet to find any problems under the hood either. I don't want to think its has anything to do with the clutch because it is a fairly new ACT HD and its not cheap, but any advise would help. If i run out of ideas i'm just gonning to have to take it to the shop. Thanx for any help.

Spectre927
11-10-2003, 04:27 PM
Did you check and make sure the gas pedal isnt stuck or anything is keeping it pressed in? Kind of dumb, but off the top of my head...

SpasticMonkey85
11-10-2003, 04:41 PM
no pedals seem fine, its purely a mechanical problem.

SpasticMonkey85
11-10-2003, 06:03 PM
anyways i have a check engine light, you don't get that from a stuck pedal.

B23EIGHT
11-11-2003, 04:48 PM
FIRST POST! Whats the last thing you modded under the hood? have you every taken off the throttle body or anything on the intake manifold. My 90 civic with a zc did that after i put a different throttlebody on it till i re-calibrated the throttle linkage and TPS. then i set the idle and its fine now. take off you intake tube and look at the TB and see if somthing isnt letting it close or if its not rotating all the way 90degrees. sucks to hear that man.

cyphate
11-12-2003, 12:49 AM
my guess would be to check and adjust your idle speed....

Spectre927
11-12-2003, 02:02 AM
Why dont u get a code checker from autozone or something

Add your comment to this topic!