Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Grand Am--Turn Signals Won't Work

mistafreeze
11-10-2003, 02:00 PM
I just purchased a 98 Grand Am a few months ago. I was driving late one night and realized that the turn signals just stopped working. I'm pretty sure it isn't a faulty bulb, and the lights didn't rapidly make the "click" noise when you need to replace them...they just died. None of them work, front or back.

I checked every single fuse in the panel and they are all fine...any suggestions?

beanie7200
11-10-2003, 07:20 PM
I had the same thing happen to me. I took it to the dealership and they told me the turn signal indicator lever needed to be replaced ($350 for that). Also, a fuse needed to be replaced too. Call the dealership first and ask what it would cost to fix it before taking it there.

Atlas
11-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Hi,
I had a similar problem with my '99, except the turn signals would work sporadically. They would sometimes work right away, sometimes not work and then come on a few seconds later, and sometimes not work at all. The problem turned out to be a loose connection with the hazard/warning lights! Luckily it was under warranty. But it is most likely just a wiring problem- they might be bent or frayed in the steering column.

Add your comment to this topic!