Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

UK Nationals almost upon us (brits)

flyonthewall
11-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Scale Modelworld 2003 (http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ipmsuk/events.htm) aka the IPMS UK Nationals is almost here. A little later than last year, its on 22-23 November which will mean i'll have to get my extra warm coat out :smile: Same venue as always - Telford International Centre, well worth a visit for you Brits who have not been yet. Just make sure you bring a fat wadge of cash with ya!

Check out last years report HERE (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73254&highlight=scale+modelworld)

Hiroboy
11-10-2003, 02:30 AM
So Chris
Will you be having a SAS stand this year?
I'll try to come along but can't promise. GF etc

flyonthewall
11-10-2003, 04:28 AM
Will be on Paul's (Gundam 1969) club stand.

Verminator
11-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Will be there on the Manchester branch Stand, only on Sunday though I think.

simdel1
11-20-2003, 12:39 PM
damn, im going to have to miss this show too...but thats only because im racing this weekend :naughty:

tonioseven
11-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Make sure we get plenty of pics!!! :)

Jay!
11-20-2003, 01:43 PM
:iagree:

Hiroboy
11-21-2003, 10:11 AM
See you all Sat Morning, what time does it open to the public ?

ratdat
11-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Are you people going just on the Saturday or Sunday as well? I wouldn't mind popping down there but I don't think I'll make Saturday as I've too much to do.

freakray
11-24-2003, 09:59 AM
Patiently awaiting all those pictures :iceslolan

flyonthewall
11-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Patiently awaiting all those pictures :iceslolan

I'm not sure anyone took any Ray. I didn't get the chance and Steve forgot to bring along his camera, to be honest, there was little to take pics of. Paul NW Car + Bike model club stand and the SAS stand represented most of the car models there. Neil brought along his models on the Sunday for the Manchester IPMS stand which IMO were the only other car models of any interest at all. Pictures of all these models have been posted several times now so its hardly worth posting the same stuff over again.

Overall, the show was very disapointing and was the worst one i've been to in the past 5 years or so. The competion area had very few entries for cars and bikes and the judging for which was quite shocking.

I hope next years show is a vast improvement.

Honoturtle
11-25-2003, 01:45 AM
I'm not sure anyone took any Ray. I didn't get the chance and Steve forgot to bring along his camera, to be honest, there was little to take pics of. Paul NW Car + Bike model club stand and the SAS stand represented most of the car models there. Neil brought along his models on the Sunday for the Manchester IPMS stand which IMO were the only other car models of any interest at all. Pictures of all these models have been posted several times now so its hardly worth posting the same stuff over again.

Overall, the show was very disapointing and was the worst one i've been to in the past 5 years or so. The competion area had very few entries for cars and bikes and the judging for which was quite shocking.

I hope next years show is a vast improvement.
Oh well, so much for all the excitment! At least we can wait till next year! :D

Add your comment to this topic!