How To Program Alarm Remote / Keyless Entry

nowgetit
11-09-2003, 02:44 PM
I have a Ford Taurus GL 1996. I have purchased a replacement remove with FCC ID : GOH-MM6-101890. The remote has two buttons, (arm and disarm). How do I program the remote?

thepartsyouneed
04-18-2004, 11:00 PM
This is for the OEM 4 button remotes, what you have is the Code Alarm unit....not sure if the procedure is the same:

These instructions will work on Taurus models, 93 - 95:

Turn ignition to RUN or ACC. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located in LR quarter panel area. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

These instructions will work on Taurus models 96 - 97:

Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN 5 times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

phiet69
05-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Hi there,
I just bought a used Honda Accord 1997 which equiped with the Chapman security system with keyless entry system installed. But the car does not have any remote transmitter. So I tried the procedures steps listed below to re-program a remote transmitter for my car, somehow the system can learn the remote transmitter, but look like it does not save the new transmitter code in memory. Here is the procedure I did:

1) Open the driver's door.
2) Turn vehicle ignition on.
3) Press and hold the emergency override button.
After 15 seconds, the siren or horn will sound three (3) times. This indicates that the unit has entered the tranmitter programming mode.
4) Release the button.
5) Press the #1 (lock) or ARM button on the remote transmitter to be programmed. The siren or horn will sound once, indicating that the system has "learned" that remote transmitter.
6) Turn the vehicle ignition off to exit the programming mode.

But the problem is that when I Turn the vehicle ignition off or close the driver's door, the system does not respond to the remote transmitter any more. Note that the system responded to the remote transmitter while it is in programming/learn mode.

Thanks in advanced and appreciate for any help !
Phiet69

mich427
07-13-2004, 09:19 AM
I think the trick is to fill all 4 memory slots when programming transmitters. Here are some instructions I downloaded for programming Code Alarm GOH-MM6-101890 transmitters.

Note: Each System module has four “slots”, or memory locations, to store transmitter codes, giving it the ability to operate from up to four transmitters. For proper operation, a transmitter code must be stored into each memory slot. When using less than four transmitters, follow the suggested programming parameters:

One Remote Transmitter – Program four (4) times
Two Remote Transmitters – Program each transmitter two (2) times
Three Remote Transmitters – Program two transmitters one (1) time,and the remaining transmitter twice.

1. Open the driver’s door. Drivers door MUST remain open and interior light on to enter into the programming mode.

2. Turn vehicle ignition on.

3. Press and hold emergency override button. After 10-15 seconds, the siren or horn will sound three (3) times.
This indicates that the unit has entered the transmitter programming mode.

Keep holding the button.

4. Press the ARM button on the remote transmitter to be programmed.
The siren or horn will sound once, indicating that the system has “learned” that remote transmitter.

5. Repeat step 5 for any additional transmitters.

6. Turn the vehicle ignition off and release the emergency override button to exit the programming mode.
Test all remote transmitters to ensure that they work properly by toggling the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons.

Hope this works for you.

Dave T.

geopapa55
07-25-2004, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=thepartsyouneed]This is for the OEM 4 button remotes, what you have is the Code Alarm unit....not sure if the procedure is the same:

Turn ignition to RUN or ACC. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located in LR quarter panel area. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

whichpins do you cross? I keep blowing the fuse for the door dingger.

stlogije
09-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Would these instructions work for a replacement 4 button remote for my 1999 Taurus?
This is for the OEM 4 button remotes, what you have is the Code Alarm unit....not sure if the procedure is the same:

These instructions will work on Taurus models 96 - 97:

Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN 5 times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.[/QUOTE]

squekyj
10-17-2004, 01:51 PM
the parts u need his system worked flawlessly i now have my extra remote programed thanks alot

Add your comment to this topic!