Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How Does the Intelligent Key Work?

MioCLK
11-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Hi, I am just wondering about how to start the engine with the intelligent key? Does it use a button like the Mercedes keylessGo?
I looked at the website, and it doesn't give me any info on it
thanks for your help!

WAYNEPB
02-06-2004, 10:25 AM
You just turn the key nob on the dash. As long as you have the key fob in your pocket or purse or whatever the car starts and you can alos open the door without getting your key out. But, watch out once you start driving it if the roads are not perfect your going to be bounced all over. Also you won't want to carry anything in the glove box for it is going to rattle. The ride is very bad it is worse than a truck.

CARGUY78
11-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Hi, I am just wondering about how to start the engine with the intelligent key? Does it use a button like the Mercedes keylessGo?
I looked at the website, and it doesn't give me any info on it
thanks for your help!

The Murano was just recently made available with the intelligent key system for the 05 model year, whereas the FX series has been available with it since it's inception. According to other users of this site, they went into the ride quality of the said vehicles......absolutely false. The vehicles are completely based off of a car platform and probably have one of the smoothest rides and most advanced suspension systems of any vehicle on the road. Drive one for yourself and you will see. Please do not comment on this site unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are talking about. As to the operation of the system, it simply senses the presence of the key fob in the vehicle and allows it to start, if the fob is moved away from the vehicle it is locked and the starter is then enabled. In emergency situations there is a key located inside of the fob for manual use.

schwags
03-03-2005, 09:55 PM
I just bought a murano BECAUSE of the exceptional ride...My father has an fx 45 and the murano is much smoother and plush. Iv'e heard from many people that they think the murano is rough, but I have to disagree..

wuman82
03-14-2005, 08:05 PM
I've been wanting to ask this question:

If you start the car up, and then walk away from the car with the intelligent key in your pocket, what will happen? Is the car gonna stay running? or shut off itself?

Thank in advance for answers.

RAREROD74
03-07-2006, 08:01 PM
first the intelligent key system uses the rf signal from the remote to send NATS code from key to ecm once code is detected by the NATS module than the car will unlock the ignition and allow vehicle to start . also if you get out of the vehicle with the key than it will start beeping and vehicle will shut off after several minutes . overall the murano is a good very vehicle with unique options that set it apart from vehicles in its class

threadfin-nole
03-08-2006, 09:24 PM
I have not experienced the vehicle shutting off after several minutes. I go out on cold mornings and warm my wifes Murano up and walk away with the smart key and it will beep several times but never shuts off. Sometimes its runs for 10 minutes or longer before she gets in it to go to work.

the_lord_apophis
07-04-2006, 11:40 PM
I just had an unpleasurable experience of having my intelligent key go through a load of laundry. Full wash and dry cycle. To my dissapointment the key did not work immediately afterward. Feeling dissapointed, I pryed open the device to see if there was anything obvious I could repair, it was still a bit wet on the inside, so I let the components and battery dry for an hour or two. Put it back together and it works again. Maybe they make these things too convienient you forget them in your pocket and things like this happen. I'm counting my blessings and won't be this careless again in the future.

While I had this thing open, I had to admire how simple the construction was, ideally with a rubber gasket it should have been waterproof, but doing 100 mph in a spin cycle I'm sure that gasket was no match. There is a coil of wire , which I presume is for recharging the battery inductively, or could be used as the antenna for the RFID. Otherwise just a circuit board with two IC's a crystal and some contact domes.

Add your comment to this topic!