Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New'N'wanna start modeling

TimUK
11-09-2003, 11:20 AM
Hello all:wave::wave:
As you cant tell im new, and i am going to start modeling models but i dont know which one to start with. Can some please help me :feedback:
I would like it to be:
not to hard to build
Fun to build
easily modifiable ( easy to fit stuff like exhuast,intake,etc!)
Good looking
Easy to fit bumpers etc!

TimUK

P.S Can i have a list off all the stuff i will need to get started!! please

blueboost
11-09-2003, 11:28 AM
first you will wanna check the FAQ out (the link is at the top of the modeling threads), it will give you an idea what you need supply wise and will also give you some good tips and tricks to make your 1st model a good one.

a fun model that has lots of options would be the revell Integra or civic. Sounds like you were asking about a tuner car so try one of those, if your lucky you can find one at your local wal-mart for less then $10. Its not a "perfect" kit but its fun and like I said has options to build stock or modified. ;)

FYI- the left-most pic in my signature is one of a revell civic

this one
\/

TimUK
11-09-2003, 11:36 AM
OK cheers i have a model shop just down the road from me called
AJ models and they have millions off tamiya models.
Ill have a look 2morrow and see what i can afford cos im only 14 :biggrin:

TimUK

P.S wal-mart is called ASDA in the UK

TimUK
11-09-2003, 11:57 AM
I have been looking at some threads and pics and i looked in the tut& how to place but i cant find how do people fit new front bumpers and skirts etc?? :eek7:

blueboost
11-09-2003, 12:05 PM
that is where you get into resin bodykits such as one's from our buddy Chris at SAS (scale auto style).

check it out
http://scaleautostyle.com

there are a lot of super-talented modelers on these boards that even make kits themselves using styrene and putty. get the basics down first, practice building a model cleanly and try to get a nice paint finish before you try to make your own bodykits.

TimUK
11-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Kool i think im gonna buy a Civic soon with V style hatchback kit on it! and the wing set!!! where do i get wheels etc from??

Do people do new rear lights like the lexus style lights??

TimUK

blueboost
11-09-2003, 12:26 PM
yes, that kit would be real nice. make sure to give us some progress pics of your build!

the possibilities are endless, you surely could do alteeza lights if you wanted to.

TimUK
11-09-2003, 12:34 PM
Where do i get wheels and lights from?

Honoturtle
11-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Kool i think im gonna buy a Civic soon with V style hatchback kit on it! and the wing set!!! where do i get wheels etc from??

Do people do new rear lights like the lexus style lights??

TimUK
These lights are included with both the coupe/hatchback Civic's, which also have stock ones. Well, good luck with your first model! :D And welcome to AF. :wave:

blueboost
11-09-2003, 12:40 PM
for wheels try here. make sure they say 18Inch or you will wind up with some piddly, ugly, worthless, rims with huge bo-bo tires. (yeah, I've made that mistake ;) )
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljlist.cgi?Series=Tyre+and+Wheel&Dis=2

you have to fabricate the lights which is something you will need to work out yourself, I cannot find any how-to threads on alteeza lights. the civic kit is going to come with two sets of tail lights, the OEM version and alteeza's so you should be covered.

CamaroSSBoy346
11-09-2003, 01:08 PM
mechawahii.com (?spelling?) has wheels for cheap. same with tinyimports.com

Add your comment to this topic!