Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AF Gear Shop Launched!

Pages : [1] 2

igor@af
11-07-2003, 10:06 PM
The long-awaited AF Gear Shop is now open! ---> http://www.cafeshops.com/afcom

The prices are indeed a bit high, but that is out of our control at this point - AF makes absolutely no money on this merchandise. However, the more products sold, the cheaper the prices will be.

A few pointers:
1. CafePress constantly offers various discounts. Be sure to check for CafePress Coupons on the web ( http://www.google.com/search?q=cafepress+coupon ) before making any purchases.
Current coupons:
$5 off $50 with code: SHOPNOV15 Exp 11/15
$5 off $30 with code: SPAYNEUTER Unknown Expiration

2. Surprisingly, the color does not appear to fade, as I personally have a hoodie, a golf shirt, and a t-shirt and they are all very nice.
3. Beware of the t-shirt sizes - their Large is very large. I would recommend Medium for most people.
4. The golf shirt is pretty good quality overall and has a very nice fit.
5. The hoodie is awesome and Medium size is perfect for me. (5'11, 155lb)

HiFlow5 0
11-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Nice, I think I'm going to pick up a T-shirt.

I was looking at the calender, are there any pictures in it? I think it would be neat to feature a car of the month here on the site, then at the end of the year put all the cars together into a calender featuring the selected rides.

igor@af
11-08-2003, 12:39 PM
Nice, I think I'm going to pick up a T-shirt.

I was looking at the calender, are there any pictures in it? I think it would be neat to feature a car of the month here on the site, then at the end of the year put all the cars together into a calender featuring the selected rides.
That is exactly what I was thinking. The calendar you see there right now is just a one page deal with all the months piled in together. However, once we do get the car of the month thing rolling they will all be definately on the multi-page calendar.

BLU CIVIC
11-11-2003, 11:20 AM
may have to get an AF onesie for the new arival and my 1 yr old

Oz
11-11-2003, 06:58 PM
:thumbsup: Now I need to work out the postage to Oz. Hopefully me and Slave can doa group buy and save $. :)

crxlvr
11-11-2003, 10:21 PM
those are actually pretty decent prices for that stuff, i might pick up one of those t-shirts.

flyingskwerrl
11-12-2003, 06:37 AM
Nice thong man.:thumbsup::boink:

KoRnboy
11-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Sweet! I want a hoody, any chance those guys could put something on the back? Like my User name? That would be cool for auto meets.

asaenz
11-12-2003, 12:26 PM
I think that logo has to go.

Just my opinion

It sends the wrong communication.

I see that logo and it says: imports specifically Japanese and Skylines at that. Logos should have a more simple design and be a symbol for the entire organization.

I thought you Igor posted a request for a logo design in the graphic forum.

I guess you stopped monitoring it.

Anyway

Just my opinion

I think AF should pay for a professional to design a better logo but seeing now how AF spent tons of money to make all that gear I guess there is no point anymore.

BLU CIVIC
11-12-2003, 12:42 PM
I Personally Like The Logo Just The Way It Is....just Ur Preception Is Different That Mine...

KoRnboy
11-12-2003, 02:15 PM
I think that logo has to go.

Just my opinion

It sends the wrong communication.

I see that logo and it says: imports specifically Japanese and Skylines at that, it also says cartoons and looks like it was designed by a middle schooler (no offense to middle schoolers). I think something better can be designed.

I thought you Igor posted a request for a logo design in the graphic forum.
I guess you stopped monitoring it.

Anyway

Just my opinion

I think AF should pay for a professional to design a better logo but seeing now how AF spent tons of money to make all that gear I guess there is no point anymore.

If you feel this way then why join the forums? It's the same damn logo... get over yourself.

asaenz
11-12-2003, 02:37 PM
If you feel this way then why join the forums? It's the same damn logo... get over yourself.

No really I didn't notice that.
You are a master of the obvious.

Anyway, I took out the part about the cartoon. That wasn't right.

igor@af
11-12-2003, 02:52 PM
First off, I have never posted a logo design request - that was decal design request.
Second, the AF logo is enjoyed by most everyone that I have talked to.
Third, no money was spent on creating the merchandise as it is outsourced to cafepress.

..and no, the logo will not be changed.

asaenz
11-12-2003, 02:58 PM
First off, I have never posted a logo design request - that was decal design request.
Third, no money was spent on creating the merchandise as it is outsourced to cafepress.

I must have missread the post. But why have a decal request when all you have to do is use the same logo. And also did you notice everyones take on the logo in there decals, most were different from the AF logo perhaps you needed to be more clear.

KoRnboy
11-12-2003, 02:59 PM
No really I didn't notice that.
You are a master of the obvious.

Anyway, I took out the part about the cartoon. That wasn't right.

Ok... I'm going to be the bigger man and not say anything other than this; You should have kept with your original post of "Whatever".

asaenz
11-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Ok... I'm going to be the bigger man and not say anything other than this; You should have kept with your original post of "Whatever".

If you were a bigger man you would not have said anything at all.

KoRnboy
11-12-2003, 03:03 PM
So Igor, would it be possible to add for example my user name to the back of the hoody as an option when ordering?

BLU CIVIC
11-12-2003, 03:03 PM
I must have missread the post. But why have a decal request when all you have to do is use the same logo. And also did you notice everyones take on the logo in there decals, most were different from the AF logo perhaps you needed to be more clear.

http://members.lycos.nl/whellup/temp/images/afzeik_117.jpg

BLU CIVIC
11-12-2003, 03:04 PM
If you were a bigger man you would not have said anything at all.

was thinkin the same thing

asaenz
11-12-2003, 03:07 PM
I appologize for my rudeness to KoRnBoy, Igor, and AF community.

Anyway at least this will provide some entertainment for folks.

KoRnboy
11-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Yeah... uh, entertainment? Np... :uhoh:

BLU CIVIC
11-12-2003, 03:10 PM
asking questions, finding out info, and/ or tryin to prove a point isn't rude at all.....just how some people go about it is what makes it rude :thumbsup:

SonyMobile
11-12-2003, 04:51 PM
sweet stuff, i like the the hoddy, but the thongs :naughty: ... I think my girlfriend would kick my teeth in if i got her "car underwear" :screwy: women eh

eckoman_pdx
11-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Igor, the idea of being able to put your user name on the back to a shirt/hoody is interging. Whoever posted it had a interseting idea.

KoRnboy
11-12-2003, 09:40 PM
Igor, the idea of being able to put your user name on the back to a shirt/hoody is interging. Whoever posted it had a interseting idea.

igor@af
11-12-2003, 11:17 PM
I will see if the addition of username on the back is possible. Great idea! :)

HiFlow5 0
11-13-2003, 04:38 AM

Does that mean that they are made to order? Would it be possible to get items in a different color, other then white? I would surely pick up a hoodie if they were black or navy, with a white logo.

eckoman_pdx
11-13-2003, 09:20 PM

Your Welcome :bigthumb:. Also, I also like HiFlow5 0's idea too. That would be cool if they offered hoodies and shirts in Black and/or Navy besides just white. I also think if they offered them in grey, that would be a nice option to have as well. I think grey is a great color for shirts and hoodies.

igor@af
11-13-2003, 09:22 PM
the hoodie is grey and there is a grey shirt.

Graphik Styles
11-13-2003, 09:31 PM
igor i disagree with the custom username thing. It's going to be really hard to remember who's goes with what, and if you mail someone the wrong one by mistake it'll screw up two orders. In the end it all comes down to you. If you can handle all that added stress then its up to you, but me persoanlly, i couldnt.

eckoman_pdx
11-13-2003, 09:43 PM
I will restate I like the option for a user name on the back idea. It would be an option, one which you wouldn't have to choose I would think. I would think a good way to do it would be like it's done when ordering a sports jersey with a custom name on the back from the sports illustrated store. It will cost a bit more for that option, and will take longer for you to receive it, because it's being custom done for the order.

KoRnboy
11-13-2003, 10:50 PM
Well if you order a custom one you could E-mail Igor with your name and username so he can check and make sure he doesn't get them mixed up. I'd just like to have my username so I could goto a meet and people would know who I am... if they're from the Forums that is, just a neat idea.

[TWUBLE]
11-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Im a graphic designer... and to be honest, I think the logo design is excellent. Its clean, simple, eye catching, and does all the good things logos are intended for.

Good on ya AF :)

kris
11-18-2003, 01:34 PM
So, every time I wear my AF thong, I will think of igor? :screwy: :lol2:

KoRnboy
11-18-2003, 03:41 PM
So, every time I wear my AF thong, I will think of igor? :screwy: :lol2:

Exactly. :naughty:

badassgremlin
11-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Well if you order a custom one you could E-mail Igor with your name and username so he can check and make sure he doesn't get them mixed up. I'd just like to have my username so I could goto a meet and people would know who I am... if they're from the Forums that is, just a neat idea. doood! that is a kikass idea and igor these are really cool and fer just $25 damn right ill have me a hoody but seriously the user name idea is killer thx igor!

igor@af
11-18-2003, 07:11 PM
Bad news :(

I talked to CafePress and unfortunately they do not have the capability of getting the customized text put on the back per customer.
However, I am sure someone here knows how to get the iron-on text and that part can be added on to the AF products by the members themselves. Anyone?

KoRnboy
11-18-2003, 09:09 PM

I talked to CafePress and unfortunately they do not have the capability of getting the customized text put on the back per customer.
However, I am sure someone here knows how to get the iron-on text and that part can be added on to the AF products by the members themselves. Anyone?

:banghead:

eckoman_pdx
11-19-2003, 03:17 AM

Well, that seriously blows. :banghead: :disappoin :mad: :banghead: Oh well, the idea will live on in memory, and hopefully one day........what if they charged more $$ for username hoodies, since they would be printing a 1-off of that user name. They could decide how much more $$ they feel is worth it, and us users can then decided before they commit offering it, wherther we still feel it is worth it.

KoRnboy
11-19-2003, 09:18 AM
We want Username Hoodys!!

:cwm27:

Bleh, maybe we can come up with another way to do this?

eckoman_pdx
11-20-2003, 02:15 PM

:cwm27:

Bleh, maybe we can come up with another way to do this?

Well Stated!!! LOL!!! Yes, We still dream of user name Hoodies. Igor, just think of the free advertising it would give AF to have a bunch of us running around the tracks and shows wearing AF hoodies with usernames...it would make it more noticable, giving AF more exposer, and possibly bring in new members as a result. See, what a good idea this is! :bigthumb: :biggrin:

KoRnboy
11-20-2003, 02:44 PM
Well Stated!!! LOL!!! Yes, We still dream of user name Hoodies. Igor, just think of the free advertising it would give AF to have a bunch of us running around the tracks and shows wearing AF hoodies with usernames...it would make it more noticable, giving AF more exposer, and possibly bring in new members as a result. See, what a good idea this is! :bigthumb: :biggrin:

:bananasmi Yay people are starting to get my idea! :bananasmi

Not only that but it would give those who buy one references to the Forums ;)

ac427cpe
11-20-2003, 10:59 PM
the iron-on stuff, you can buy at office max (or a store to the likeness of the forementioned) it's just paper... however, after all is said and done, you're still ironing computer printer ink on the fabric... and that does eventually fade a bit.

but it's a lot of fun!!! especially if you don't burn yourself while you play with the iron!

but yes... i just thought of this...
why not just have your username embroidered on the back?

BLU CIVIC
11-21-2003, 07:37 AM
that would be cool 4 the hoodies :thumbsup:

eckoman_pdx
11-22-2003, 02:44 AM
:bananasmi Yay people are starting to get my idea! :bananasmi

Not only that but it would give those who buy one references to the Forums ;)

Hmm, yes...references, I never thought about that one. It would give the people who bought it more references. Another added benifit of your username hoody idea.

boosted6
11-30-2003, 03:18 PM
i'll probably get yelled at for this but i'm willing to try it. i actually agree with "asaenz" about the logo. it's a nice skyline and all but this site is about cars in general right, not just skylines?? i think you could use maybe a logo of some different cars all lined up, like say maybe, hi flow5 0's mustang, then a camaro/firebird, skyline, supra, sylvia whatever and then maybe even a grand national (i just had to get that one in there :p ) and then use it as the logo so that way it shows the diversification of the forums. it's a forum for all kinds of car enthusiasts. just my opinion and i'm sorry if anyone's offended. now back to the topic of embroidered hoodys.

Warren the Warrior
12-03-2003, 02:56 PM
So what sthe deal :confused:

ac427cpe
12-03-2003, 03:17 PM
well, the hoody came yesterday... i'm going to see about the username embroidering after school today :D

Chavez408
12-29-2003, 04:24 PM
is there a thong for sale in here with a cookie in the middle that says "eat me"? its for my girl :naughty:

pawn
01-02-2004, 01:08 PM
I might get me an A/F shirt...hrmmm, we got thongs now?

Thepeug
02-12-2004, 09:03 PM
I really like the polo and the hoodie. Might look into getting one. IMO, the prices aren't that bad.

Zcaithaca
02-17-2004, 04:15 PM
i think im gonna get the hoodie..but why dont you get any of the proceeds?

igor@af
02-17-2004, 05:27 PM
to minimize the prices :)

eckoman_pdx
02-17-2004, 07:11 PM
to minimize the prices :)

That's the spirit Igor!!! Always looking out for the consumer and the AF memebers!!:)

Thepeug
02-17-2004, 08:50 PM
A noble gesture indeed.

LPPrismRacer
02-23-2004, 03:52 PM

I think the logo is just fine. People need to quit crying about it. Just be glad we have a website like this. Quit balling and get over it.

eversio11
03-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Igor, have you actually received orders for thongs? *cough* Dayna *cough* :biggrin:

riptreeper
03-10-2004, 10:10 AM
sounds like a good idea i might pick up a hoodie myself :iceslolan

KyTexan
03-22-2004, 12:09 PM
How Do I Get The Free Decals?

GTPSPEED
03-23-2004, 02:39 PM
ill pick one up,but you guys should make something for our cars,like a decal or something?,just a thought,anyways cool ill grab a hoody cuz its cold in Boston

Add your comment to this topic!