About to purchase 93 RX7 TT..

fnkdrspok
11-07-2003, 06:40 PM
OK, I gave up on honda and started to swing with the big boys. I found a 93 RX7 that's been sitting in a garage for about a year and a half (not started at all) with a little front end damage (no headlights, and the frame is a little bent from a front end collesion).

The guy wants 5-6,000 for it due to it's status. I think the engine might be shot, due to one of the turbo's not working and the apexi seals being shot from just sitting there rotting away. I want to get this guy down to lower then what he wants due to it's NOT running condition. I'm going to take the turbo off my civic and other go-fast parts off my car to make it a total slow daily driver and just start building on this RX7. Any advice here would be appreciated. I want to know if this is a good deal. The interior is in working shape, the leather is still in tact, just a little wear and tear.

Oh yeah, I went to Nippon-motors.com and found the same engine for 1,980, so I figure, that's not bad compared to buying a GSR motor which will cost you no less then 3,000. F*cking honda! What do you all think?

bowser
11-14-2003, 06:33 PM
I am selling a rebuilt 93...25 miles on the rebuilt motor, turbos, and transmission. I'm trying not to drive it at all and let whoever buys it break it in...anyways, email me at mancow43@aol.com if you're interested. I'll have pictures (hopefully) up by tomorrow

DayDreaM BelieveR
11-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Sounds like an alright deal for an FD so long as the repairs aren't gonna make you have to pay through your ass... Just make sure that the damage to the frame isn't mroe than it seems. When my parent's Suzuki got hit by some idiot it looked fine, only a little damage to one of the panels but after it was checked out, it turns out the body had been compromised in some key areas and was therefore written-off... :eek7:

Jims5543
11-14-2003, 08:43 PM
I am not sure your turbo will work very good. Remember that rotary cars breathe really deep. 7PSI on a FD is nothing. 1 bar is when they get interesting and a tiny turbo will not move enough air to make power.

$5K is a pretty good deal for that car. My dad paid $7500 for a 93 w/ blown engine and it needed a paint job. He has about $6k - $7k invested into it on top of the purchase price and the car look and runs awesome. He can hang with me in a race pretty good only falling behind at the top of 3rd I would guess he is a mid to high 12 second car and he is not very modded.

Good luck w/ your decision. You dont seem to be faint hearted about doing lots of work to a car you will really enjoy the power you'll reap from a well set up FD. Plus its RWD and handles like a dream.

Add your comment to this topic!