Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP! ABS Control Module going out?

dimn
11-06-2003, 11:14 PM
I own a 96 Honda Accord. I'm 90% sure this is the problem but I wanted to get an opinion from someone else. When I start my car, it makes a buzzing sound like its supposed to, but its only supposed to do it once. But as I'm driving, it does it over and over again like every 5 mins or so.. sometimes every 10.. its not a set number. I just replaced my brakes, and I thought that would fix the problem, but I had the guy look at it, and he said that my abs controle module might be going out.

I looked up the part, and its $800 for a remanufactured one! Help! I cant sell my car without fixing this..

krazibimmer
11-07-2003, 02:10 AM
where does the buzzing sound coming from? does your abs light come on and stays on? feel anything on the brake pedal?

wagsaccordsir
11-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Do you have LX, DX, EX or the 6? Can you take a picture of it and post it. If its identical to mine I will sell you mine cheap.. I gutted my ABS so I have parts to get rid of...

Peace
~J

dimn
11-07-2003, 05:20 PM
4 door EX 4CYL VTEC.

i'll post a picture later today.

wagsaccordsir
11-08-2003, 08:11 AM
4 door EX 4CYL VTEC.

i'll post a picture later today.

Well I should have whatever it is you need, Just fire me a picture or tell me where its at, so I can ensure that we are talking about the same part.

Peace
~J

Add your comment to this topic!