Down with Hollins Interchange- Engine Swap problem

Imzmadmox
11-06-2003, 04:35 PM
Ok I don't know if anyones going to be able to help me with a bit of advice but here's my problem. I have a 1990 GTU that had a burnt out engine i bought for $350 what a deal huh? Anyway i pulled the engine and put in a 13b from an 86. But now that its in and hooked up when i attach a battery with or without the key in the ignition the engine immediatly begins to turn. So it sounds like somethings not hooked up right somewhere. If anyone has had this problem or has any idea what i could check let me know! This is really giving me grief.

Thanks
Colin
P.S If anyone would be willing to pop their hood and take a digital picture of where the mechanical Oil metering pump arm that would be great ( It attaches to the side of the intake from the bottom of the engine. i don't know how all the parts fit together)
Imzmadmox@hotmail.com

dayna240sx
11-06-2003, 11:53 PM
To answer your first question...

you have the solenoid to the starter wired wrong..

TO answer your next question..

Who cares how the rod attaches...

Wire that oil metering pump (OMP) wide open..

I do,

BTW< what are you going to do with that old engine?
And was it an auto?

Imzmadmox
11-07-2003, 06:28 PM
To answer your first question...

you have the solenoid to the starter wired wrong..

TO answer your next question..

Who cares how the rod attaches...

Wire that oil metering pump (OMP) wide open..

I do,

BTW< what are you going to do with that old engine?
And was it an auto?

Hmm solenoid to starter wired wrong ill check that,
And wiring the oil metering pump wide open won't hurt anything then i assume. And at the moment I am intending to rebuild it since it tachs 1000 RPM higher and has a bit more horsepower but that is by no means set in stone. So let me know and thanks for the help.

Imzmadmox
11-07-2003, 06:31 PM
and its a 5 speed

Add your comment to this topic!