Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

evo-8 vs skyline

Pages : [1] 2

youngvr4
11-05-2003, 06:23 PM
i'm going evo-8 cause it outperforms in my opinion, but then i'd say skyline cause i believe it has more potential. dollar for dollar in mods i believe the skyline kills it but stock i think i'm going evo-8
but even then, i don't think anyone has tried to max out a evo-8 like they have the skyline.

i know theres lots of skyline freaks out there so i'm expecting most to say skyline but lets see

ZZII
11-07-2003, 08:54 AM
The Evo will probably beat the Skyline on turns, but other than that the skyline Will burn the evo. as soon as the R34 pull out ov the turn it's gonna leave that evo in the dust. Yes, and this is stock.

youngvr4
11-10-2003, 02:19 AM
naa, i don't believe that, i believe the evo-8 would stay in front the whole time, not by much but, i'd be willing to bet money that the evo-8 would win.

SR20DETpower
11-10-2003, 10:44 AM
i think a r34 gtr will take a us evo8 on the track. I've heard rumors of GTR's that put down more then the 280hp rated on a dyno, and the evo puts down less then its quoted amount. The evo is probably a little bit lighter, the engine in the skyline is much more heavier duty and smoother, as well with the rest of the driveline. The GTR will probably get it in corners and defintely on acceleration out, the us evo lacking the electronic diffs vs the Skylines Attesa is no contest.

youngvr4
11-15-2003, 09:14 PM
i might beleive in acceleration, but i will not belive around corners.
the evo-8 is running 13.1 0-60 in 4.6. skyline doesn't run like that.

LSR
11-19-2003, 02:16 PM
i might beleive in acceleration, but i will not belive around corners.
the evo-8 is running 13.1 0-60 in 4.6. skyline doesn't run like that.

Er the Skyline is capable of that. Skyline is ten times better - better looking, faster, quicker entry and exit speeds, better handling, better interior, and much better to mod.

hockeygod2787
11-19-2003, 10:55 PM
I chose the Skyline, the evo-8 is a beatiful machine but i am positive that it would get raped in this race!

TatII
11-19-2003, 10:55 PM
well if you a chance to watch any best motoring international videos. the evo and the R34 are almost always ranked number 1 and 2 out of all the races. but most the time the skyline edges out the evo. the evo is better at the tighter turns. the skyline much faster on the long straights. there are many instances where the skyline literally just walks all the evo. and pulls on it like its standing still. also the skylines are better for those up hill corners as well. so it depends on what type of track they race in. but if the evo was in a tight small course the evo would have the upper hand. if the course has long straights with lot of fast sweeps, and mid speed corners with elevation changes, then the skyline would have the upper hand. plus the evo's top speed is only 147 mph when the skyline can hit well over 160 mph.

edit: try to find an older back issue of best motoring where there was a free for all. there was 9 cars racing i believe here are the contestants

nissan skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec II
Mitsubishi lancer evo 7 GSR
mitsu lancer evo 7 RS
mazda RX-7 type RZ
mazda RX-7 type RS
subaru WRX STi
subaru WRX STi type RA
Honda NSX type S
Honda NSX type S Zero

this was to prove which cars were the fastest in japan.

here are the ranks

1: Nissan Skyline R34
2: Honda NSX type S Zero
3: mitsubishi EVO 7 GSR
4: mazda RX-7 type RZ

then i forgot the others cause they were just too far behind. all i remembered was that the subaru was dead last by a hugh margin as always. an the evo 7 RS is pretty back there too. for the people who don't know. the evo 7 RS is the light weight version with no active differential. ( in other words a u.s spec evo 8 with less weight and more power )

also the skylines runs the 1/4 mile in 12.9 on average. however i've seen the same guys get the j spec evo 8 with the 6 speed and active diff to run a 12.6 but the skyline will still have the better high end. can't really compare a high strung 4 cylinder to a straight 6.

youngvr4
11-21-2003, 03:06 AM
why is it that everyone says the skyline runs 12 this and 12 that but every time i see the stats for a r34 gtr it runs more like 13.5

www.supercars.net is one of the many places i looked that say 13's
only skyline forums is were they speak on 12's cause of course they want to make it seem like there cars are gods(wich they are to the imports imo) but in all reality i keep seing them run 13.5. another thing is the skyline can be easily pumped up by doing some twists and turns under the hood cause it has lots and lots of hidden hp, and thats most likely why they run these faster times and they say its stock, but stock to me means untouched. any way give me some more feed back.

ZZII
11-21-2003, 08:30 AM
It also depends on the driver. remember that.

nissanThree00zx
11-22-2003, 05:14 PM
Skyline R34 is my choice...not really a big fans of the EVO.
hmm....the turns...i think it depends on the driver... other than that...R34 rules.

TatII
11-23-2003, 12:53 AM
why is it that everyone says the skyline runs 12 this and 12 that but every time i see the stats for a r34 gtr it runs more like 13.5

www.supercars.net is one of the many places i looked that say 13's
only skyline forums is were they speak on 12's cause of course they want to make it seem like there cars are gods(wich they are to the imports imo) but in all reality i keep seing them run 13.5. another thing is the skyline can be easily pumped up by doing some twists and turns under the hood cause it has lots and lots of hidden hp, and thats most likely why they run these faster times and they say its stock, but stock to me means untouched. any way give me some more feed back.

you gotta remember those numbers came up from japanese pro drivers ( ie: racing school owners, japanese F1 champions, JGTC champions, and hte drift king himself. ) these guys can constantly get a GT-R to run 12's. just as they can get a GTO VR-4 to run a 12.8 as well. and these guys can get a j spec evo 8 and STi to run 12.6 and yes they are stock. but they are just that damn good. to them, drag racing is nothing. where as compared to car magazine drivers who are nothing more then enthusist who happens to write for a mag.

youngvr4
11-25-2003, 12:42 AM
you gotta remember those numbers came up from japanese pro drivers ( ie: racing school owners, japanese F1 champions, JGTC champions, and hte drift king himself. ) these guys can constantly get a GT-R to run 12's. just as they can get a GTO VR-4 to run a 12.8 as well. and these guys can get a j spec evo 8 and STi to run 12.6 and yes they are stock. but they are just that damn good. to them, drag racing is nothing. where as compared to car magazine drivers who are nothing more then enthusist who happens to write for a mag.

i'm sorry, i just can't believe that, thats just too much a vr4 running 12.8
is there something diff in the air over there or something.

check this out, i just read an article on a evo-7 that was upgraded to the speed of a evo-8 running a 13.2 against a r34 skyline that was upgraded and ran a 11.9 but stil the evo-7 out ran the skyline on the track by................ .1 sec, not to mention there's a nice straight away from the start meaning the skyline should have even had a head start.
let alone an upgraded wrx running a 12.8 also beat it.

TatII
11-25-2003, 08:32 AM
you gotta know that when you upgrade a car that can run aroudn2 seconds faster, esp a car as heavy as a skyline there is very little you can do to compensate for the handling since it has soo much more momentum. so comparing those 2 car not valid. you should compare stock and stock. and in which even though its close the skyline will edge out the evo. i know what i saw, i've seen it done for years by bestmotoring, and no the air is not better in japan, those guys are "PROS" they have been racing for atleast 20 years, in the "PROFESSIONAL" leagues. think about it,

1:Tsuchiyia is the freakin Drift king of japan, and currently drives the ARTA NSX for the JGTC 500 class in japan, and has raced in the 24 hour le man race with a NSX.

2:Hatori was the F1 champion of Japan.

3:Kuwasawa a.k.a Gan San is a retired racer who has even a higher calibur then even Tsuchiyia himself.

4:Nakaiya is also a retired racer who even has his own racing school. think of him as like skip barber.

5:Takiya San: his is the Son of Kuwasawa. he is also a pro. he is probrably the worse driver in the whole roster being the youngest ( still in the 30's ) and guess what. even though hes the worst, if he gets his hands on a GT-R. he wins. that free for all battle with 9 japanese super sports, that race was won by Takiya San.

so as you can see by their records, drag racing is simpily nothing to them. think of it, compare their skills to the skills of people at motortrend, or which ever other mags you got. they will even edge out Rhys Millen ( Pro who sometimes write for them ) Millen got elimated when competeing with the japanese in the D1 competition in only round 16. even though its only drifting, and really be compared to actual pro racing, the japanese will be better since they raced in more different types of motor sport.

you don't hvae to believe me. but many other people on the net knows waht i'm talkin about and has seen the videos. so its not like i'm calling wolf and bullshiting out of my ass. you refuse to believe it so fine. be misinformed beucase of your "theories" well i have proofs and i've seen it with my owns eyes. you can go stick to your theories. and it wasn't even like i was sayin the skyline is unbeatable. i mean hell those guys got the freaking evo 8 to run a freaking 12.6 stock!!!! the fastest i've ever seen a them get a GT-R run was a 12.7 and it was with a R33, and after that i've never seen them back it up.

mycivic
11-25-2003, 09:22 AM
skyline skyline skyline all the way.

Jimster
11-25-2003, 02:33 PM
JDM Evo VIII GSR would be my choice- IF I WERE TO DRIVE IT- the RB26 is far too front-heavy for my liking and I've noticed when I drove an R34 VSpec briefly a few years ago, that there is significant understeer when enterng a corner, which eases up once through it and corner exit is almost perfect and it definitely has some balls (But not nearly as much as a Supra TT) I haven't driven an Evo VIII as yet, but I was impressed when I drove a VII GSR when I was looking for a new car some time ago, and was impressed by how it handled and the overal quickness of it :):)

E46Phantom
11-26-2003, 04:53 PM
SKYLINE , SKYLINE. Wer u from how can you compair EVO WITH GT-R. On offense but u neeed look twice. SKYLINE VS EVO that really stupid. As much as like the EVO. SKYLINE IS MUSCLE CAR OF THE EAST TOGETHER WITH SUPRA. EVO's fanatics but SKYLINE'S potential is WOWWWWWW.

RESPECT SKYLINE
RESPECT NISSAN

Jimster
11-26-2003, 04:57 PM
SKYLINE , SKYLINE. Wer u from how can you compair EVO WITH GT-R. On offense but u neeed look twice. SKYLINE VS EVO that really stupid. As much as like the EVO. SKYLINE IS MUSCLE CAR OF THE EAST TOGETHER WITH SUPRA. EVO's fanatics but SKYLINE'S potential is WOWWWWWW.

RESPECT SKYLINE
RESPECT NISSAN
The Skyline has nothing on the Supra in the muscle stakes, when both are stock.........And the Skyline EVo comparision makes sence- both AWD performance cars fulfilling different niches- and the Evo's niche is more up my alley

E46Phantom
11-26-2003, 04:58 PM
If YOU THINK MODDING EVO WILL SAVE ITS FROM DIST GO AHEAD. 2 CAN PLAY THAT GAME. AND WE ALL KNOW HOW WINNING. EVO MAY START QUICKER BUT WELL SEE WHO KEEP PUSHING LIKE S@#T AFTER 155MPH.

youngvr4
11-27-2003, 12:42 AM
young newbie, i'm comparing stock for stock not what car has the most potential, or what car can be souped up the most, just pure stock.
and stock for stock its actually a very good comparison :loser:

RazorGTR
11-27-2003, 10:00 AM
If your going to compare the latest EVO with the last R34 GTR made that would be the NURspec R34 GTR. No comparison at all. At nearly 400hp off the show room floor, upgraded suspension, ATTESSA system it isn't even a challange.
The early model R34's were a bit clumsy but it was sorted out by 2001's models.

TatII
11-28-2003, 12:43 AM
preach on razor nissan all the way baby. i have driven a u.s spec evo 8 ( my friends ) yes htey are very quick but they are not mind blowing. and the cars suspension is still alittle too soft imo

ZZII
11-28-2003, 02:19 PM
The Skyline has nothing on the Supra in the muscle stakes, when both are stock.........And the Skyline EVo comparision makes sence- both AWD performance cars fulfilling different niches- and the Evo's niche is more up my alley

Dude, have u forgoten about the GT-R's 4WS? yes the Evo handles damn well, but it's still no match for a car with 4WS.

nacho_nissan
12-23-2003, 05:54 PM
The Skyline has nothing on the Supra in the muscle stakes, when both are stock
wow, I need some information on this... I have seen alot of proof that the GT-R will take a TT supra anywhere, specially in a autocross... The supra will be closer in a drag race, i dunno why is that, but in cornering, and stop-N- go, ive seen skylines play with supras... :iceslolan

youngvr4
12-24-2003, 02:40 AM
Dude, have u forgoten about the GT-R's 4WS? yes the Evo handles damn well, but it's still no match for a car with 4WS.
so your sayin that my vr4 and a 300zx twin turbo can out handle the evo-8? i'm not buying it, i wont even take it for free.

General
Mitsubishi Evo-8 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R
Top Speed Not Available 249.4 kph / 155.0 mph
0 - ¼ mile 13.1 13.4 seconds
0 - 60 mph 4.8 4.8 seconds
EPA City/Hwy 18 / 26 mpg Combined 22.8 mpg

these are stats that i keep seeing everywere i look. 99skyline vs 03 evo-8

RazorGTR
12-24-2003, 12:59 PM
so your sayin that my vr4 and a 300zx twin turbo can out handle the evo-8? i'm not buying it, i wont even take it for free.

General
Mitsubishi Evo-8 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R
Top Speed Not Available 249.4 kph / 155.0 mph
0 - ¼ mile 13.1 13.4 seconds
0 - 60 mph 4.8 4.8 seconds
EPA City/Hwy 18 / 26 mpg Combined 22.8 mpg

these are stats that i keep seeing everywere i look. 99skyline vs 03 evo-8

You are also talking about 4 years of difference in evolution between the two cars. As I've said before if you are going to put the lastest against the latest do it with the NUR Spec.
Also you top speed on the R34 GTR is wrong, dead wrong. The came factory in the 1999 model with the GETRAG 6speed trans, which the gear ratios would take it up to 190mp or 305.7754 kph.
Factory standard I've seen two R34's run flat 13.0's and one managed to dip into the 12.9's The 2001 VspecII a mate owns has done 0-100kph in 4.7 seconds, that is to GPS with a factory clutch that wouldn't hold a hard launch.

As far as weight difference there isn't much, a hundred pounds or so.

Power output on a R34 GTR, Vspec, Vspec II are dynoed at over 325hp factory standard with the boost at 1 bar.

nacho_nissan
12-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Is it true the skyline has more hp than nissan claims? I've heard 316hp or so...

flylwsi
12-24-2003, 02:58 PM
the Evo handles damn well, but it's still no match for a car with 4WS.
well, then lets match it up with a 90 prelude si with 4ws... hmm... that post was pointless.

Is it true the skyline has more hp than nissan claims? I've heard 316hp or so...
simple answer. yes.
most jdm cars rated at 280hp were making more.

If YOU THINK MODDING EVO WILL SAVE ITS FROM DIST GO AHEAD. 2 CAN PLAY THAT GAME. AND WE ALL KNOW HOW WINNING. EVO MAY START QUICKER BUT WELL SEE WHO KEEP PUSHING LIKE S@#T AFTER 155MPH.
stock evo 8's, US spec, are geared to redline 5th at 156. that's a proven fact. C&D or MT mag proved that one.

who said that no one's maxed out the evo?
ever heard of norris designs in the UK?
http://norris-designs.co.uk/demo_cars.htm
check out the 850hp evo 7 they've got...
and keep in mind that the evo 8 is more of a 7.5, not really a new evolution of the car.

i really, honestly, sincerely hate when people are automatically calling the skyline god, when they have no factual evidence (regardless of whether there is, or isn't any) in their posts.

great. you posted your opinion. and you know what opinions are like, don't you?

flylwsi
12-24-2003, 03:37 PM
oh, and for more fun...
the stage iv kit from buschur racing is putting evo's into the 11's. on stock turbos and stock motor...

www.buschurracing.com

and modified magazine has an evo project car that's making mid 500hp with some minor mods and a turbo upgrade... hmm...
yep, those things are just not gonna cut it for stock motors.

stealthj
12-24-2003, 06:02 PM
i doubt anyone who has a skyline keeps it stock.....

but in stock form....im not sure but i doubt the lancer will outperform the skyline....

lancer8's suck anyways, and so do the new skylines (g35)

compare lancer 7 to 8....

back on topic....flywsi u mentioned 750hp lancers and stuff

compare to TUNED GTR's

u just cant compare these 2 vehiclces, even the price diffrence is just too much

369_GeT_LoW
12-25-2003, 10:37 AM
hey guys
Skyline Vs evo <---- it's a shame to put evo with the gozilaa

even though the evo has marvels performance but i really drive both cars (i'm not in the U.S), when u sitting on the Evo u dont feel comfortabel as the Sky
GTR is the best i cant express how there is no comptition beteen theze two car

nacho_nissan
12-25-2003, 10:10 PM
hey guys
Skyline Vs evo <---- it's a shame to put evo with the gozilaa

even though the evo has marvels performance but i really drive both cars (i'm not in the U.S), when u sitting on the Evo u dont feel comfortabel as the Sky
GTR is the best i cant express how there is no comptition beteen theze two car
hmm...Why do people who read magz have different opinions? :rolleyes:

Neutrino
12-26-2003, 02:27 AM
i'm with Jimster and flylwsi on this one...even though i like the skylines i'll choose the evo in this comparo

Jimster
12-26-2003, 06:40 PM
wow, I need some information on this... I have seen alot of proof that the GT-R will take a TT supra anywhere, specially in a autocross... The supra will be closer in a drag race, i dunno why is that, but in cornering, and stop-N- go, ive seen skylines play with supras... :iceslolan
Care to break out the torque figures for Supra/Skyline- THAT is my definitio of muscle

nacho_nissan
12-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Care to break out the torque figures for Supra/Skyline- THAT is my definitio of muscle
:grinno:
------------supra---------skyline
weight: 3450lbs 3395lbs
power: 320bhp 276bhp
tq: 315ft lbs 293ft lbs
BHP/liter: 106.77bhp 107.49bhp

Here it is...the supra is a great car. but when compared to a skyline,the skyline is a little better. the supra is a little bit more heavy, it has 44more hp(I've heard the skyline really has 316hp,but we'll stick with the nissan claims), 22 more ft lbs of TQ,but it all comes down to the skyline making more BHP/liter than a supra. :smile: its also AWD,so it is really much better at a track. As i siad it before,i'll say it again, the supra is a great car, but IMO, the skyline is better in most specs. Its also more exotic, and it looks nicer! I think it's more of my style, thats why i prefer it over most cars...

flylwsi
12-27-2003, 10:59 AM
back on topic....flywsi u mentioned 750hp lancers and stuff

compare to TUNED GTR's

u just cant compare these 2 vehiclces, even the price diffrence is just too much

what are you talking about?
did i say use the 750hp evo as a comparison? no.
my point is that there are cars out there making huge power.

also. an evo weighs less than the skyline. has a much longer lineage with the awd system and turbos than that in the skyline. (sorry, truth hurts) and consider that there aren't any skylines (r34s at least) that hold the track record at tsukuba, which is consistently owned by evo's.
do you really know what you're getting into here? there's far more information that you don't have a clue about...
and i'm not going to say that the evo is definitively better, but on a budget, with similar mods, the evo should take the skyline b/c of the power to weight, as well as the better handling.

do some research before you claim that you can't compare these cars at all.

ghetto7o2azn
12-27-2003, 04:57 PM
actually he said 850hp... :screwy: riiiight... i even went to the page and i looked everywhere... nowhere does it say 850 it does say 771hp which is still nowhere near a skylines max potential.... skylines are known have have almost double that .... and yes i know they are heavier but still.. just keep it stock vs stock... stay away from modded

EvoCarl
12-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi guys just joined :)

Having watched most of the Best motoring vids the skyline comes out on top..just

straight line speed there is very little in it with the skyline basically pulling a few feet on the longer straights with the evo cornering very slightly better.

:smile:

tuff choice between the 2 but you would probally get more 'respect' in the GTR

TatII
12-28-2003, 04:45 PM

i really hate it when people rated the skyline by its factory number. that car is sooooo underrated. you saying a GT-R has only 276bhp is like saying a SRT-4 has only 215bhp when its really close to 270ish.

EvoCarl
12-28-2003, 04:47 PM
If your going to compare the latest EVO with the last R34 GTR made that would be the NURspec R34 GTR. No comparison at all. At nearly 400hp off the show room floor, upgraded suspension, ATTESSA system it isn't even a challange.
The early model R34's were a bit clumsy but it was sorted out by 2001's models.

but then u could compare that with the Evo extreme ;)

458bhp @ 5,800rpm
Torque: 410ft/lbs @ 3,500rpm

out of the showroom

nacho_nissan
12-28-2003, 09:06 PM
i really hate it when people rated the skyline by its factory number. that car is sooooo underrated. you saying a GT-R has only 276bhp is like saying a SRT-4 has only 215bhp when its really close to 270ish.
:disappoin i hate people who dont finish reding! I said "we'll just stick with what nissan claims!"

TatII
12-28-2003, 11:43 PM
:disappoin i hate people who dont finish reding! I said "we'll just stick with what nissan claims!"

i did read that, but i dont' see the point of goin by what nissan claims csaue even you admited that you posted up a lie. so why follow a lie when you can follow hte truth? i mean its pointless to compare a false spec to a true spec and you expect that to be valid? i do'nt think so.

flylwsi
12-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Engine Dyno - 807 Hp & 647Lbft (2.2 Bar)
621.2 Hp At The Hubs (So Far)
548.7 LbFt At The Hubs (So Far)
Vehicle Weight 1440Kg (Dry With Driver)
0-60Mph - 2.79 So Far (Road Tyres)
0-100Mph - 5.99 So Far (Road Tyres)
1/4 Mile - 10.1 Secs @ 139 Mph
Top Speed - 202 Mph
wow. you should look at the whole site.
more info... that's phase 2 of the car.

www.norrisdesigns.com

still, 807 hp must suck compared to a skyline.

find me a skyline that's hitting 202 with 800hp... i'm sure it's not hard, but i'd still like to see it... and what kind of power is a skyline going to need to hit 10.1 in the 1/4...

again, i'm not putting down the skyline, but the evo is more than comparable.

do you need to make 1000+hp to be comparable to a skyline? i don't think so.

at any rate, a 1000hp skyline and a 600hp evo are more than comparable.

and if you want to keep it stock, i'll still take the handling prowess of the evo. sorry.

RazorGTR
12-29-2003, 01:37 PM
but then u could compare that with the Evo extreme ;)

458bhp @ 5,800rpm
Torque: 410ft/lbs @ 3,500rpm

out of the showroom

Right :rofl:

I'll take a trip down to one of our local Mitzi dealers, "shuddering" as I can't stand mitzi's at all, and have a nosy around. No doubt if this car exhists for sale I'll hear about considering the last time I went down there they tried to talk me into swapping my GTR for one of these little pissant things.

RazorGTR
12-29-2003, 01:44 PM

Which supra is this? Toyota has never claimed their car with that much hp. The RZ which ran against the R33 and R34 was always 276hp. The standard ones I've seen dynoed have ALWAYS thrown nearly identical numbes to the R32 and R33 GTR when standard. Yes we do get the odd one or two that is bog standard.
As said when dynoed the R34 has thrown quite a bit more than the R32 and R33 GTRs, up to 47hp more with the NUR spec throwing an impressive 345hp.

Polygon
12-29-2003, 01:49 PM
The Evo can handle so much better than the Skyline that I would have to take the Evo hands down. Granted the Skyline has a slight advantage in power but not by much, and not enough to give it the advantage on the track. The price is so much better for the Evo as well.

flylwsi
12-29-2003, 03:17 PM
Which supra is this?
most likely for a US spec supra, as they're rated at 320 here...

RazorGTR
12-30-2003, 03:32 AM
most likely for a US spec supra, as they're rated at 320 here...

Baah they can claim what they want. With all the emissions control crap on them no way. I find that so hard to beleive.

TatII
12-30-2003, 09:53 AM
well u.s. spec supras dyno at close to 290 whp so even the 320 crank hp is slightly underrated. i believe the stock u.s. supra comes with larger injectors, and a slighter larger turbo. thats what i heard. but i can't verify.

RazorGTR
12-30-2003, 12:35 PM
tat the RZ has always been twin turbo. They are Sequential turbo chaged on top of that.

nacho_nissan
12-30-2003, 02:11 PM
I saw a video where the gay R-33(stock) beats the RZ(stock)...Which is the fastest supra?

youngvr4
12-30-2003, 04:02 PM
wow. you should look at the whole site.
more info... that's phase 2 of the car.

www.norrisdesigns.com

still, 807 hp must suck compared to a skyline.

find me a skyline that's hitting 202 with 800hp... i'm sure it's not hard, but i'd still like to see it... and what kind of power is a skyline going to need to hit 10.1 in the 1/4...

again, i'm not putting down the skyline, but the evo is more than comparable.

do you need to make 1000+hp to be comparable to a skyline? i don't think so.

at any rate, a 1000hp skyline and a 600hp evo are more than comparable.

and if you want to keep it stock, i'll still take the handling prowess of the evo. sorry.

i know of a 700hp skyline that was runnning 9's. and before i'm attacked it was in a mag i think superstreet. so thats just what i read, and of course it was gutted 1 seat etc.

flylwsi
12-30-2003, 04:41 PM
that was also an r32, stripped down completely, compared to the norris designs car, which still has GLASS windows in it. not really comparable...

but yeah, i know, b/c i just read the article.
car was built by Avance, in japan, has an HKS air shifter trans, etc. yellow.
second fastest skyline in the world. runs 8.199 in 400m.
unfortunately, there's no HP rating in the magazine at all. however, the JUN built 350z in the same magazine has 750hp, so maybe that's what you're looking at.

but that's an exception, not the rule.

TatII
12-31-2003, 12:25 AM
tat the RZ has always been twin turbo. They are Sequential turbo chaged on top of that.

yeah i know that they come twin turboed, and i know they even run in series. but what i meant was that the size of the two turbos are bigger for the U.S. spec supras then they are for the jdm spec.

RazorGTR
12-31-2003, 05:02 PM
I've been unbable to find any exhistance of this Evo Extreme. After having to have a shower after I got home to wash the stench off of myself from the mitzi dealers, I did find out one thing. Mitzi had a limited run of Tommi Mackinen "spelling" specialls which were ehanced by RALLYART in comemeration of all his world rally titles in the EVO. They were slightly more powerful but with a better suspension setup. The slight power increase was about 20hp at best.

Tats I am waiting till after the holidays to hear back from my Toyota guy. If Toyota made it he would know about it. He lives and breaths these machines. They very well may have marketed a high spec Supra for the states, as Nissan did with the Maxima, which was Nissan's high end sports car for that market.

youngvr4
12-31-2003, 10:48 PM
that was also an r32, stripped down completely, compared to the norris designs car, which still has GLASS windows in it. not really comparable...

but yeah, i know, b/c i just read the article.
car was built by Avance, in japan, has an HKS air shifter trans, etc. yellow.
second fastest skyline in the world. runs 8.199 in 400m.
unfortunately, there's no HP rating in the magazine at all. however, the JUN built 350z in the same magazine has 750hp, so maybe that's what you're looking at.

but that's an exception, not the rule.

no this aint the same car cause in this one it mentioned 700hp at least twice and it was awhile ago like maybe a year ago. but like you said about the other one, it was gutted like crazy.

EvoCarl
01-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Right :rofl:

I'll take a trip down to one of our local Mitzi dealers, "shuddering" as I can't stand mitzi's at all, and have a nosy around. No doubt if this car exhists for sale I'll hear about considering the last time I went down there they tried to talk me into swapping my GTR for one of these little pissant things.

;) evo 7 extreme sc (http://www.xtreme-uk.net/EvoVIIXtremeSC.asp)

nice aint it.

you didnt look very hard

RazorGTR
01-01-2004, 02:33 PM
This car is not produced by Mitzashitzy mate. It is the same as giving Lingenfelter a Vette.

EvoCarl
01-01-2004, 03:00 PM
This car is not produced by Mitzashitzy mate. It is the same as giving Lingenfelter a Vette.

maybe true but its awesome+gauranteed(sp)

Sort of like the fq300 and fq330

think I just smell somebody that hates evos ;)

RazorGTR
01-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Hahhahah the more I read into that sight the more I had to laugh. I especially loved the estimated 0-60 time. 3.8 seconds with only 458hp. I'd love to see that.

Oh wait it gets better.
EVO VIII Extreme
Stats
337hp
320 lbs of torque
0-60 4.2 second (estimated) BWaaaaaaahhahahahah I fricking love these guys.

EVO VII RS Extreme
318hp
327 lbs of torque
0-60 4.4 seconds (not estimated)
Ummm hello..... Macfly.... More torque, less hp and .2 of a second slower than the VIII which it is lighter than the VIII :eek7:

EVO VIII Extreme (based on the GSR model)
338hp
350 lbs of torque
0-60 4.2

Still the best one is the EVO VIII SC Extreme.
458hp and 0-60 in 3.5 seconds!

Again more hp and torque same figures. These guys as we say in the performance world TOSSERS. They rip numbers off the top of their head instead of getting real numbers. There is no way they will acheave those sort of acceleration numbers with that low of hp and torque rating.

Even at 458hp which is just about where my R32 GTR is give or take a couple of hp, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds is dreaming! There are a number of EVO I-III's that are producing on a dyno nearly what I've got and their 60 foot times at the drags are less than mine. I've done a 1.66 second 60 foot time and raced them. We run nearly identical times yet I absolutely smoke them off the line. since they are slightly lighter their top end speeds are a little faster by about 3 mph in which case they are slightly gaining on me. I am crossing the line at 114mph in 12.1's.

0-100kms or 62mph for my GTR is 4.2 4.26 seconds depending on how cleanly I get off the line. That is to GPS and radar. Considering the EVO VIII is about the same weight as my GTR only one conclusion and be drawn.

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I've also sent that link to a bunch of my mates who own EVO's. Always a bit frienly rivallary between us but all good in nature. A few have come back with identical comments.

Add your comment to this topic!