Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What year is it?

93hybridaccord
11-04-2003, 09:34 PM
I've got my h22a that I'm building and I was told by the shop I got it from that it was a 93-95. They weren't sure which, but they knew it was from those years. How can I check to make sure? Also, is the JDM h22a the same from 92-95 like the USDM is? Any help would be appreciated.

wagsaccordsir
11-05-2003, 06:42 PM
I've got my h22a that I'm building and I was told by the shop I got it from that it was a 93-95. They weren't sure which, but they knew it was from those years. How can I check to make sure? Also, is the JDM h22a the same from 92-95 like the USDM is? Any help would be appreciated.

Alright I'm gonna try and break this down, as it is harder to tell than to understand.. When you look at the front of the engine while looking right above the header, see that there are four pipes on your header.. on the distributor side there is your first pipe, then you have the second and the thrid and then finally the fourth which is by your alternator. Keep looking right above the header and go to the second pipe, right after the pipe there is a stamp that looks kinda like a clock...then there is an arrow pointing to a number on the clock, that number is the month of the year that the engine was produced. In the center of the clock-looking stamp you will see 2 numbers, one will be on one side of the arrow and the other on opposite side of the arrow.. (9 / 2) something similar to that. (9 / 2) = 1992 hence the 9 and 2. If the arrow is pointing to the 11 on the clock portion, then the engine was produced in November of 1992.

I hope you understood that....

If you need more info let me know....

Peace
~J

93hybridaccord
11-05-2003, 07:17 PM
Thanks, it's kind of funny cause it does say 9/2 on it. What kind of car would it be from. It's stamped h22a so is that an accord sir? That would only be like 190hp. This kind of ticks me off cause it was supposed to be from a 94-95 jdm prelude. I mean it doesn't matter really all that much cause I'm boosting it so it will still make a lot of hp, but it's not what it was supposed to be.

wagsaccordsir
11-05-2003, 07:21 PM
Thanks, it's kind of funny cause it does say 9/2 on it. What kind of car would it be from. It's stamped h22a so is that an accord sir? That would only be like 190hp. This kind of ticks me off cause it was supposed to be from a 94-95 jdm prelude. I mean it doesn't matter really all that much cause I'm boosting it so it will still make a lot of hp, but it's not what it was supposed to be.

92-96 are all the same specs..

92 was the first year the engine was introduced in Japan and it was introduced in the US in 93. In 92 they hadnt put then in Accords, they didnt do that until 94. In any case 92-96 are the same. You engine is 200hp..... 190 is the USDM one. Because your stamp says H22a and not H22a1 or H22a4 etc, it is a JDM engine, therfore 200hp.....

Hope that cleared things up..

Peace
~J

93hybridaccord
11-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Phew, much appreciated. I was starting to feel like I'd been screwed a little. Thanks for the help and info.

92lx
11-06-2003, 11:56 PM
great post, that's a very useful thing to know! I never noticed that in all my years...wow

- Nathan

wagsaccordsir
11-07-2003, 01:17 PM
great post, that's a very useful thing to know! I never noticed that in all my years...wow

- Nathan

No problem, glad I could help!

Peace
~J

Add your comment to this topic!