Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Does anyone have a blueprint for any 4Runner?

ducttapesoccer
11-04-2003, 07:14 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a blueprint for any model of a Toyota 4Runner? I am trying to draw it out. I would appreciate one with dimensions, but if it doesn't have any then it will still work. Please let me know if you know where I could find one. Thanks.

willimo
11-04-2003, 08:09 PM
You might could write Toyota. They might be willing to work a deal with you for a copy of the trucks drawings; I doubt they'd provide them for free since such drawings are rather large. I'd suggest to be sure to actually write them, or possibly call them, since they will pay a letter or phone call more attention. I'm not sure how well that will work, I imagine they provide drawings for aftermarket companies and the liek so I imagine they are sort of used to lending drawings, however, if you're not an aftermarket company, it may be more difficult to convince them.

Failing that, try contacting a 4Runner groups; enthusiasts, people who climb with them, etc; I've had good luck getting railroad drawings from historical societies, but I don't know how that translates to the car world.

If that doesn't work, go find one and take pictures. Take as many pictures as you can directly on the plane you need the drawing from, and put a little stick in the picture that is of known length and marked (usually 12 inches long, 6 inches painted white and 6 painted black). Use that to set dividers to take measurements of everything in the photo. And also measure everything you possible can, wheelbase, length, height, lift, and the size of very visible things like windows trim strips whatever. Between the photos and measurements, you can come out with a pretty accurate drawing. Good luck!

airforceone
11-04-2003, 08:15 PM
What scale were you looking for? Aoshima makes many kits for the 4Runner (Hilux-Surf). They range from lowriders to off-road styles, and they're not that hard to come by. I currently have 7 4Runner/hilux kits :icon16:

ducttapesoccer
11-05-2003, 02:42 PM
i am looking for a blueprint so that i can draw it, the scale does not matter to me

Add your comment to this topic!