Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GrandAm ETC & Low Traction lights on

ADetmers
11-04-2003, 10:24 AM
When driving my 1999 Grand Am (particularly during the winter months), the ETC and Low Traction lights will come on while randomly. It generally happens when I back up and at slower speeds rather than on the freeway. Turning the car off for a second will take care of the problem until it happens again. This used to be a once-in-a-while type of thing, but has become more notorious ever since. Is it a bad sensor or should I expect yet another costly GrandAm repair? Please help...

99gasc/t
11-14-2003, 09:00 PM
you prob have a bad or broken conection some where. chack the conections at all if the wheel. its the wiring coming out of the hub bearing. it the only wiring on the lower a-arm. check them to see it they are broke

Daedalus_ack
01-09-2004, 11:54 AM
I've the same problem on my Ladyfriends car...The dealerships seem all too willing to charge me anywhere from 200 to 350 $ to fix it, claiming they know what is wrong.... I'm a decent mechanic yet I don't have the computers available to give me the F'n codes.

When backing up at slow speed with the wheels cut sharply and most times to the right the ETS light comes on and it actuates the brakes...Other times in a snowy condition it seems to operate correctly. I just don't want her driving on the highway and have this system act up and spin her out.... Ideas anyone?

Add your comment to this topic!