J30t rear end wiggle

lgriffin1138
11-04-2003, 09:19 AM
I have a '93 J30t and when going over bumps, either small or large, the rear end appears to steer or wiggle a little bit. I know that the J30t has the HICAS system and is supposed to have rear wheel steering but it shouldn't do that when the steering wheel's not turned.

Any ideas what may be wrong, what may need to be replaced or checked?

Thanks...Lee

felixxilef
11-06-2003, 08:18 PM
I have no answers, only comments. I have a J30T too. Mine doesn't do that YET, but I'm holding my breath. That 4 wheel steering is a joke. Paid the big bucks up front for it (along with spoke wheels and fish fin) and will also pay the big bucks down the road when it screws up.

Isn't the J30T supposed to handle better than the standard J30? If so, the J30 must be like a death trap on roller skates when you take it around a corner with a couple drops of water on the road.

Just don't ever buy one of those new cars that parallel parks itself. I could imagine going down the freeway when suddenly all 4 wheels turn 90 degrees. Be cheaper to take a class in how to park a car.

Sorry to ramble but I keep coming here looking for someone to answer my headlite question and so far no takers. Maybe this should just be a site for venting frustrations.

tappling
12-02-2003, 09:03 AM
I have a J30, not J30t. I have the same problem. Especially, when it is cold outside. It feels like my back end is boucing when I hit a bump or hole. Her is a car specific website with professional mechanics (No offense to anybody on this site intended.) They have helped me tons
http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/

Add your comment to this topic!