Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94' electircal?? or not??

dade
11-04-2003, 04:20 AM
a few months ago I started having problems with my 94' Bonn. The tact will jump up and down when we are driving (no set situation), when we go to stop the tact goes down low, the car acts like it wants to stall (we noticed that the battery indicator also reads low when this happens). When we take off the car hesitates till we get going..... sometimes out of the blue the car just looses power while we are driving down the street. Most of the time the car will start right back up.
We have had a few times where the car wouldn't start at all, we wiggled the battery cables and then it would start, one of main reasons we changed the pos. cables.

The car was acting peculiar in may 2002, "she" would stal and not only could we not start the car but the windows, lights inside car would not work either. That is why we had all that work done then.

I have had many problems in the past, hence, I have replaced several parts. Sorry about the spelling and the book, "She" has had the EGR valve (fall 2000), starter (2001), Water pump (may 2002), fuel pump/filter/strainer (may 2002), had diagnostic test ran and no codes were found (may 2002),fixed broken wire (may 2002), alternator (fall 2002), battery (fall 2002), spark plugs wires/ posative battery cable (oct 2003).

Any help would be appreciated as we have spent a lot of $ and time on her and are at a loss.

Flatrater
11-04-2003, 07:38 PM
There is no easy answer or fix for your problems. All I can suggest is that you need to take it to a good shop and leave it for a couple of days so they can find the source of your problems. Let them drive it all they want, listen to them, and ask what kind of guaratee the offer if they parts they install don't fix the problem.

GMMerlin
11-05-2003, 10:59 AM
From what you are descibing, it sounds like possibly you have a loose connection or a intermittant componant failure.
Like my friend Flatrater stated, there is no easy answer for this one...I would definately recomend you find a knowledgeable and trustworthy tech to diagnos this problem.

dade
11-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Thank you both for your input, it's what we had figured but I thought it might be worth a try to see if there was something we could check on our own first.

Add your comment to this topic!