Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Illegal Street Racing in Phoenix "RAIDED"

SpyderEclipseGst
11-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Ok well first to note this was in todays paper Monday Nov 3, 2003. Article topic Drag-Racing crackdown snares 175. The Police set up a street racing bust. They were allowed to hide in an empty warehouse garage. Then after afew races and 100+ cars. The doors open and 34 police cars and 8 tow trucks block off all exits. Most everyone at the races got towed(if had a car"total 100 cars towed"), given a ticket(90 tickets issued) and got arrested and booked(10 people for racing and 175 ADULTS AND TEENAGE bystanders). Along with getting there lisence suspended for a year along with $500 fine and community service. I got to work today and the Boss was like "Were you in the paper"..? I said no, why? Then he shows me the paper and im like DAMN. I am sooooo glad I was with the family that night. I was seriously considering getting with the boys and checking out the illegals. This gave me a serious reality check. I was not there nor have been ticketed for illegal racing before. But I do have my share of tickets (5 total, which what brings my insurance to $417 a month). I just wanted to let everyone know what went down here in phoenix arizona and to get some feedback on whats going on in other parts of the country.

carrrnuttt
11-03-2003, 01:08 PM
I saw that on the news...

...and THIS is why I'd rather go out trolling for races every now and then, doing it on my own terms, than go to the illegals.

The four times in the past decade that I have went, I have NEVER driven my own car. I was usually just driven there by friends who asked me to go.

They even mentioned the AZStreetRacing (AZSR) website in their news as one of their sources on tips as to where the illegals happened.

DeViL
11-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Its stupid to begin with. What makes people honestly think no one is going to bust them with that many people swarming a part of the road?

EC0T3C
11-03-2003, 01:38 PM
I saw that on the news...

...and THIS is why I'd rather go out trolling for races every now and then, doing it on my own terms, than go to the illegals.

The four times in the past decade that I have went, I have NEVER driven my own car. I was usually just driven there by friends who asked me to go.

They even mentioned the AZStreetRacing (AZSR) website in their news as one of their sources on tips as to where the illegals happened.

I am on that site. We do not meantion where any races happen. We do it only through pms and aim. Oh yea and only the stupid fucks say stuff thats how it got out. And they said it was Azilleagalstreetracing.com. :loser:

carrrnuttt
11-03-2003, 01:45 PM
I am on that site. We do not meantion where any races happen. We do it only through pms and aim. Oh yea and only the stupid fucks say stuff thats how it got out. And they said it was Azilleagalstreetracing.com. :loser:

Were you there during the busts?

SpyderEclipseGst
11-03-2003, 01:48 PM

Did you get busted? friends? Please do tell. I was going to call afew friends to set up a race between a Modded Evo VIII and a Single turboed(converted from twin) 97 supra. I glad I did otherwise. But as of now its a race only at the track. I dont think Ill ever see the illegals again. Ill be sure to tell the outcome here soon, along with my times with my new turbo.

BLU CIVIC
11-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Azilleagalstreetracing.com

that's not even a web site

sux to be them though

EC0T3C
11-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Fortunately i wasnt there. Even tho its 4 miles away from my house. No one on the site was there. And very few of us go to the illeagals.

Neutrino
11-03-2003, 02:30 PM
this is why you go to autocrossing events...there you can actually race the cops themselves

Alldar
11-03-2003, 06:10 PM
here we go a link!!!!!!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1103dragracing03.html

90redgt
11-03-2003, 06:44 PM
here we go a link!!!!!!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1103dragracing03.html

4 cars got away. I...........was one of them, 1 cavalier, me, and two others i don't know what cars they were. I was lucky though, at the front of the starting line as soon as they hit their sirens and lights i was on the throttle while everyone else was either starting their car. Or running to it. Talk about a rush, i was shaking so bad. I've never had to run like that before. this was my face on my way home :uhoh:

youngvr4
11-03-2003, 07:20 PM
up here we usually go to a strip were there are lots of ways to escape.
but we once did get trapped, almost everyone got tickets, my friend was one of them. he went one way and found out that the cops were there and turned around and did 80mph the opposite way to find out it was blocked that way too, so he got a $487 ticket for going 80 in a 25
at least they didn't take him to jail. coulda been worse.

we actually get trapped at the pits rather than at the strip
thats kinda backwords, but i don't go out there anymore.

EC0T3C
11-03-2003, 08:59 PM
I usually dont go to those racing things cuz i fear getting my car impounded.

RedLightning
11-03-2003, 09:08 PM
impromtu races are the best very few copers!

RedLightning
11-03-2003, 09:10 PM
I know a cop so i could get out of trouble sometimes

carrrnuttt
11-03-2003, 09:57 PM
4 cars got away. I...........was one of them, 1 cavalier, me, and two others i don't know what cars they were. I was lucky though, at the front of the starting line as soon as they hit their sirens and lights i was on the throttle while everyone else was either starting their car. Or running to it. Talk about a rush, i was shaking so bad. I've never had to run like that before. this was my face on my way home :uhoh:

Remember that one night you went, and I didn't? ;)

Now you see why I don't go? http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/tongue.gif

tha_new_guy
11-03-2003, 11:56 PM
WOW. That's a serious reality check for me... I dunno I tend to stay away from the organized races because if I can find out about them, why can't a cop? All about Impromptu stoplight runs and freeway roll-ons.... :iceslolan

So no Fast and Furious style escapes where 100+ cars all split? I woulda jumped the curbs (ripping off my Wings West Body Kit), hit the NAWWZZ and split.....

lol, j/k.

HammyTim
11-04-2003, 04:37 AM
That's why auckland illegals are dead now, there was a 200+ police car bust, here in Hamilton we dont have the enforcement out to control the illegals the number of cars racing on the streets outnumbers the police by at least 20:1 so we can get away more stuff. Bottom line is you choose to race on the street, you have to understand the risks that go with it.

youngvr4
11-04-2003, 04:48 AM
damn skippy

AmericanEagle
11-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Kinda the same in my area even though i'm a world away (Detroit). The cops break us up but they really don't care. They sit in the street with there lights on and watch us run.

BLU CIVIC
11-04-2003, 08:30 AM
everyone knows....or should know....

u pay 2 play

SpyderEclipseGst
11-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Kinda the same in my area even though i'm a world away (Detroit). The cops break us up but they really don't care. They sit in the street with there lights on and watch us run.

Thats how it is in most places. But when your city needs money. Watch, thell wait till 100+ cars show up and bust em all for ticket money and say. Oh well the city spend 10k for the bust but make 100k in return. Last time I was at the illegals. I let my bov get one good pssssscheeeeeewww. Then a cop came right up behind be and with a speaker phone said "Armando dont rev your engine"? I thought that was funny, but I was alittle startled. He ran my plates long time ago. Probably ran everyones plates. Then I went home.

BLU CIVIC
11-04-2003, 11:54 AM
:lol2: that would have scared the crap outta me.....don't blame u 4 goin home

LoW_KeY
11-04-2003, 12:02 PM
wow talk about leaving a load in your pants.

I was going to setup with a guy on a back road once, then notice a car up ahead pulled off and turned his lights off, then the guy in the other car did.. we both left in a hurry and the person up ahead pulled back out.

still thats nothing like having 50+ police there..

RedLightning
11-04-2003, 07:05 PM
to many dorks(lol) think 2 stupid 2 watch is real and think they can always get away!

Cl0ak
11-04-2003, 07:31 PM
I was watching a race and when the cops showed up I just ran off into the woods (good thing about this state, lots of woods) luckily I didn't drive there so I was able to get away without being fined. Two of my friends got their cars impounded, that's what you get for playing fast+furious. :uhoh:

Alldar
11-04-2003, 09:40 PM
they fine people who are just there parked and watching???

HammyTim
11-05-2003, 06:51 AM
they fine people who are just there parked and watching???

Here in New Zealand they try fine you for what ever they can, parking on private property, disturbing the peace, even "Illegal Gathering" Its rather pathetic really, and it doesn't stop it, it never will stop.

90redgt
11-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Remember that one night you went, and I didn't? ;)

Now you see why I don't go? http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Yeah i know why you don't go, for good reason. I think maybe i'll just go to firebird or speedworld from now on. Well.....maybe :evillol:

03Focus_Guy
11-05-2003, 12:58 PM
What are impromtu races..........theres a street where i live thats flownig with streetracers ever sunday AND ONLY SUNDAY at midnight and the funny thing is is that the cops dont know a thing about it and it has been a drag strip for racers for over 15 years. :lol:

freakray
11-05-2003, 01:33 PM
What are impromtu races..........theres a street where i live thats flownig with streetracers ever sunday AND ONLY SUNDAY at midnight and the funny thing is is that the cops dont know a thing about it and it has been a drag strip for racers for over 15 years. :lol:

No, you think the cops don't know about it, I can assure you, they know.

Cl0ak
11-05-2003, 02:31 PM
Yes they will fine you just for watching the race, its really not worth it to watch the race and get a fine. :uhoh:

banditkiller
11-05-2003, 07:11 PM
I forget what they call it... but its something like participating in an illegal activity... your watching... you are participating... Because someone is breaking the law and you dont report it knowing they are breaking the law. so your technically just as guilty as them... its still bullshit though and now matter how much they raid .. ppl will get their cars back : and continue to race somehow somewhere. just my 2 :2cents:

911S_TARGA_RSR
11-06-2003, 01:49 AM
That is messed up man. I ma glad at least a few people were able to get away. Oo Racin the Cops would be fun.

Add your comment to this topic!