Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bridge on Pioneer Amp

tjordon
11-03-2003, 09:53 AM
What exactly is the bridge used for? I have a 200 watt amp connected to a 8 inch sub and when i hook the positive to positive and the negative to negative bridge it bumps for a few seconds then dies.

I also have tried to hook up just to the positive and negative on the far left and it does the same thing. Repeated steps on the fpos and neg on far right of amp as well and i get the same thing. Bumps for a sec then dies. Is the amp bad or is it the sub?

Thanx! T-Rock

PaulD
11-04-2003, 08:06 PM
bridging is hooking both amp channels (left and right) together. You need to look at the manual, but typically you connect one side of the speaker to the "+" side of one channel, then the other side of the speaker to the "-" side of the other amp channel - the other two outputs are left unconnected. The amp may or may not have a switch you have to flip to put it in bridge mode.

tjordon
11-05-2003, 09:43 AM
bridging is hooking both amp channels (left and right) together. You need to look at the manual, but typically you connect one side of the speaker to the "+" side of one channel, then the other side of the speaker to the "-" side of the other amp channel - the other two outputs are left unconnected. The amp may or may not have a switch you have to flip to put it in bridge mode.

Thanx buddy! Preparing for sound!

Add your comment to this topic!