Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

power mod +20HP??

20HondAccord02
11-02-2003, 07:59 PM
I have to know. Has anyone actually bought one fo these mods off of ebay that supposedly add 15 to 20 hp? I figured it was just a way for someone to steal money and try to justify it. Give me your testimonie and opinions on these.

atothetapi77
11-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Ive also seen this advo on ebay worded about 30 different ways and was wondering the same thing. Somone needs to try this thing out and let us know.

911S_TARGA_RSR
11-11-2003, 04:30 PM
It is a scam. It is a fake ECU upgrade. There are real Ecu upgrades but this is not one of them.

Swoxy
11-11-2003, 04:34 PM
From feedback comments left for sellers I've figured out that this is nothing more than a resistor!

atothetapi77
11-11-2003, 04:38 PM
ok thanks...

20HondAccord02
11-11-2003, 06:27 PM
ah, ok.... i figured it was something cheap....

92lx
11-11-2003, 10:16 PM
it'd work, if it was tuned properly, and it'd only work under normal driving, but not at WOT as the ECU ignores the IAT sensor that it "modifies" at WOT anyway.

Basically, the main problem with it is, besides being extremely over priced and the people selling them are indeed doing it just to make obscene amounts of money for "nothing".... that they just send any old resistor. It may do something for an F150 or something, but on an Accord, could cause a CEL, or worse, not cause a CEL but cause the car to run EXTREMELY rich which can cause troubles as well.

The other trouble, is most of these "kits" say to install it in place of the IAT, which means that when it's very cold out side, (or seeing as they send just any resistor), even any temp outside, you oculd actually begin to run very lean.

So all in all, not a good deal at all, and I feel very sorry for anyone that has bought one. However, it is a sound cheap way to correct the fuel curve minorly, in Accords a 2k potentiometer is good to tweak a daily driving range fuel curve a minor bit.

But of course, at WOT it won't help you - so just go ahead and get an Apex'i S/V-AFC while you're at it :)

- Nathan

Add your comment to this topic!