Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Subs

qwertyuiop6941
11-02-2003, 07:38 PM
What is the best brand of subs?

Haibane
11-02-2003, 07:49 PM
There isn't a single company on there that I like except kenwood, and even then these are nowhere near any of the best subs. These are all crap in my opinion... GET A NEW LIST

ssjwizard
11-02-2003, 10:13 PM
if your going to limit your selection to those low price brands then id have to pick pioneer. they arent the best but do sound pretty clean.

ScubaSteve
11-02-2003, 11:50 PM
none... i would have to say those are the cheapest brands out there except for the lightning audio, pyle, jensen, all the wallmart shit. rockford fosgate, elemental designs, diamond audio, kicker, alpine are some better ones and i cant forget jl audio

sr20de4evr
11-03-2003, 12:12 AM
I would rather have no subs than have any of those.

GSteg
11-03-2003, 01:50 AM
pioneer..one of the most underrated brand IMO. they aren't the best, but they do have nice sounds to them. i had their 10" silver IMPP (with alum dustcap) and i was impressed! the low-end shocked me for being such a low-priced sub. the premier series are even better in SQ and SPL. i had them ported and i can say they were the best budget sub i ever had.

turboevo8
11-05-2003, 07:36 PM
ma audio is by far the best

ToyTundra
11-05-2003, 09:13 PM
im an Infinity kind of guy

loismustdie
12-10-2003, 07:38 PM
ma audio isn't very good, the best one on the list is pioneer, infinity is pretty good sub, the best subs are make by adire, elemantal designs, and a bunch of other brands that not many (uneducated)people have heard of. one rule in car audio is " you get what you pay for" except for jl audio, i mean they are great subs, but overpriced. so the really cheap subs generally aren't very good and the higher priced ones are usually more high end, but there are exceptions.

MStout
12-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Alpine and Audiobahn...the most beautiful and coolest subs and amps on the market. Those are sometimes overpriced though too. I havent heard either of them, but I guess all the hype says Audiobahn is ultimate, and Alpine Type-Rs and nice as hell too. I plan to go all Alpine in my whole car.

Haibane
12-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Alpines sound much nicer than audiobahns. audiobahns are almost purely SPL subs

GSteg
12-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Alpines sound much nicer than audiobahns. audiobahns are almost purely SPL subs

u converted? :icon16: :iceslolan

sr20de4evr
12-11-2003, 02:34 AM
Alpine and Audiobahn...the most beautiful and coolest subs and amps on the market. Those are sometimes overpriced though too. I havent heard either of them, but I guess all the hype says Audiobahn is ultimate, and Alpine Type-Rs and nice as hell too. I plan to go all Alpine in my whole car.

haha, that was a funny post to read....
Audiobahn, ultimate....HAH

The type-r's are nice, but there are much MUCH better out there, you can go alpine in your whole car if you want but you won't be getting near the top in ANY part of your system except for the headunit.

Haibane
12-11-2003, 05:39 AM
u converted? :icon16: :iceslolan
Always have liked alpine more

loismustdie
12-11-2003, 03:28 PM
yes i found it most enjoyable, but i doubt he was being sarcastic

MStout
12-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Like I said I havent heard them...thats just what I assume when I see the flame series subs in almost every Import car in every magazine. I have 3 way Pioneers in the back and doors or my car right now...so what would be so bad about going to Type-R internal speakers? I heard MB Quart is good though too, just never see the products anywhere. Is THAT a good company? :evillol:

sr20de4evr
12-12-2003, 12:42 AM
Like I said I havent heard them...thats just what I assume when I see the flame series subs in almost every Import car in every magazine. I have 3 way Pioneers in the back and doors or my car right now...so what would be so bad about going to Type-R internal speakers? I heard MB Quart is good though too, just never see the products anywhere. Is THAT a good company? :evillol:

They're in every import car in the magazines because they're flashy, chrome, and have flames on them. It has nothing to do with the sound they make at all. MB Quart is good, they're used in a lot of the top SQ cars out there, but the tweets can be too harsh for a lot of people. It's best to listen to them in a store to see if they're for you.

Add your comment to this topic!