Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 Century Fuel Pump Noise

mandm6
11-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi, I have a 96 Century with a 3.1L engine that the fuel pump hums all the time.Could this be a fuel pump relay problem?

Thanks, Kevin

Flatrater
11-02-2003, 09:37 PM
No not a relay problem. The pump is humming cuz it don't know the words! Only joking usually the pump will hum when it is on its way out or the fuel filter is getting clogged and the pump has to work harder.

sthole
06-03-2008, 10:03 PM
No not a relay problem. The pump is humming cuz it don't know the words! Only joking usually the pump will hum when it is on its way out or the fuel filter is getting clogged and the pump has to work harder.

i have a 05 century and the pump was humming and the dealer replaced it. it was OK for about 3 weeks and then the new pump started humming again. is this a typical issue with the pumps or did i just get two bad ones? thanks,

BNaylor
06-04-2008, 02:45 PM
i have a 05 century and the pump was humming and the dealer replaced it. it was OK for about 3 weeks and then the new pump started humming again. is this a typical issue with the pumps or did i just get two bad ones? thanks,

Sorry but please check the date and do not resurrect old threads per our forum guidelines at link below. Just start a new post addressing your issue or question.

Old Thread guidelines (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=636385)

Add your comment to this topic!