99 Durango speedometer

kanealan
11-02-2003, 03:08 PM
My 1999 Dodge Durango Speedometer went out so I replaced the speed sensor and it still dosen't work. The speedometer will come on after evey once in a while but it dosen't seem to work below 40mph. My abs light and brake light are also constantly on. Is there any advice any can help me with thank You!!

Duranged
11-13-2003, 05:18 PM
I had a similar problem on my 98 Durango. The speedometer would work sometimes, but not others, and seemed to be affected by speed or cornering. The indicator lights would flash on and off at odd times and the ABS Air Bag light stayed on all the time. It turned out that the casing underneath the steering wheel was loose, they added and tightened the screws and it fixed the problem easy.

lineman2238
01-12-2004, 11:07 PM
When ABS & brake light is on and speedo does'nt work below 30 mph your rear speed/abs sensor is bad. It is located on top front of rearend. Easy to change out. Sensor is about $39. at dealership. You can check sensor w/ohm meter. Should show 1.7-2.5 resistance.

lallend
01-18-2004, 11:25 PM
When ABS & brake light is on and speedo does'nt work below 30 mph your rear speed/abs sensor is bad. It is located on top front of rearend. Easy to change out. Sensor is about $39. at dealership. You can check sensor w/ohm meter. Should show 1.7-2.5 resistance.I agree with lineman, my speedo wouldn't work below 10 mph and the Brake light was on as well as the ABS light.

I replaced the speed sensor on the transmission and had no effect. Later I changed the sensor on the top of the differential and all problems went away!

tobe2be
08-20-2004, 12:35 PM
I agree with lineman, my speedo wouldn't work below 10 mph and the Brake light was on as well as the ABS light.

I replaced the speed sensor on the transmission and had no effect. Later I changed the sensor on the top of the differential and all problems went away!
thanks i just saved a few bucks cuz of you guys

Jimmyjax
09-20-2004, 08:54 AM
thanks i just saved a few bucks cuz of you guys

Yep, they charge a $100 at our dealership for this repair.

jestersht
10-10-2011, 01:32 PM
what tools are needed to do this repair, my durango started this yesturday and also the check engine light came on aswell but ive checked everything and all fluids are fine and it runs great but speedo isnt working and brake and abs lights are on

jestersht
10-14-2011, 01:41 PM
i replaced the sensor ontop of the diff but still have no spedometer and the abs and parking brake lights are still on, any ideas

Add your comment to this topic!