Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

V8 Honda Civic

Cammajamma77
11-02-2003, 01:57 AM
k i was just wondering but has anyone ever seen someone drop a v8 in a civic? i have heard from some people it's been done and ive had so many dreams about it but i was wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard about a v8 civic. i think it would just be amazing to have that kind of power in such a small light vehicle. i know there would be alot of problems with weight of the engine but if someone could figure it out i think it would be the coolest thing.

B16EJ1
11-02-2003, 10:48 AM
It's been done. Nothing spectacular about it. In fact, it's not a very sound machine anyway. Wheel base/chassis + engine weight disrtibution and torque = shitty ass auto. If you remedy all this then it's not a Civic anymore. Overall.....stupid idea. Oh and do you mind if I ask why you stuck this in the "JDM Motor & Parts info/chat "??? :rolleyes:

hondaracer
11-02-2003, 12:56 PM
If it has been done than it was a stupid thing to do. If it has ever been thought about than its a stupid idea. In this forum we don't talk about domestics buddy. Straight JDM talk here, no domestic bullshit. American cars are the last things on our minds.

Deakins
11-02-2003, 01:06 PM
In this forum we don't talk about domestics buddy. Straight JDM talk here, no domestic bullshit. American cars are the last things on our minds.

So all V8 engines are made in the US? Interesting....

SilverY2KCivic
11-02-2003, 04:18 PM
So all V8 engines are made in the US? Interesting....

I believe they are refering to domestic car V8's (whether made in the US or not), but I could be wrong. :dunno:

If I was to "drop" a V8 into a Honda, why not do it with a proper Honda V8 and go with a Honda Inday car motor? :p But I've heard of people dropping 350 small blacks into Civics. It's not ideal or recommended. For one it's too heavy, and usually they are too much power. The weight distro. of the car will be so far off balanced with one in. But if you change that, like said it won't be a Civic anymore.

And for the sake of JDM'ness, I'm gonna move this to ehh... The technical forum since it's more of a tech question than anything. It's DEFINITELY not JDM related though. :nono:

12secv6stang
11-06-2003, 04:23 AM
actually the swap isnt that far fetched. there are aftermarket kits to convert a ford focus to a 32v cobra 302 crate motor. 360hp in a focus! you honda guys better not rule out this swap because ford is also thinking of assembling a V8 focus in the near future and already turbo charging them for 04

Miataracer
11-06-2003, 09:44 AM
cough cough **BULLSHIT** cough cough...

Ford may make a show car like that just to make a statement but the day a V8 Focus ever goes into production will be the same day Honda puts a 2.0L V12 vtec twin turbo all wheel drive 6 speed Civic into production... it will NEVER happen

1600cc
11-06-2003, 10:55 AM
LOL...miata..you're a funny guy....you make me laugh! :iceslolan

SilverY2KCivic
11-07-2003, 01:34 AM
actually the swap isnt that far fetched. there are aftermarket kits to convert a ford focus to a 32v cobra 302 crate motor. 360hp in a focus! you honda guys better not rule out this swap because ford is also thinking of assembling a V8 focus in the near future and already turbo charging them for 04

Whoa, I've read the article on this Focus. The conversion to RWD they got rather well too o nthat Focus. I'd definitely be scared of that car if I saw it on the street.

12secv6stang
11-07-2003, 03:11 AM
cough cough **BULLSHIT** cough cough...

Ford may make a show car like that just to make a statement but the day a V8 Focus ever goes into production will be the same day Honda puts a 2.0L V12 vtec twin turbo all wheel drive 6 speed Civic into production... it will NEVER happen

i dont know who is grabbing your balls and making you cough but i never said for would put it in to production.but there is talk of the concept.
FYI an already converted focus runs around $20,000 to $25,000
they also have kits to convcert to 351ci twin turbo or supercharged engines. thats over 400rwhp in a 2700lb car!!
and im pretty sure honda will never make a V12 even more one that displaces 2.0 liters

Miataracer
11-07-2003, 12:53 PM
12secv6 you are the master of all that is obvious. you are pretty sure honda will never make a v12 2.0L? so am I... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY I SAID IT! and who really cares about a concept car? they look cool sure. and yes, sometimes IDEAS from a concept car make it into production. but ANYONE can make a wild concept car. what say you now?

maybe it is time for you to go and make another name again so you can make your point of view look more supported? :dunno:

SilverY2KCivic
11-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Let me pipe into this one again and dispell some statements above.

I agree with what Miata said, I mean in all honestly the chances of a PRODUCTION (sold by Ford dealerships) V8 Focus is nill to none, just as a V12 Civic is. On the other hand, this isn't a mere concept, the "Terminator (http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=reviews&loc_code=index&content_code=01412980)" V8 Cobra powered Focus as it's called. It's an actual kit that and brave sole Focus hatchback owner can purchase. This kit DOES NOT cost the mentioned $25k though. All things considered not even a factory Cobra Stang costs that much, it costs almost TWICE that. The Terminator kit costs around $70 grand PLUS the donner SVT Focus which should add about say another $18k on to that tag. So basically almost $88k later and YOU can have a Cobra stang beater! :D

I'm not a big domestic guy myself (I mean DUH, I have a honda and fix it up) but I applaud the company that created the Cobra Focus and the way they went about designing and making it happen. I mean it's not exactly a cup of tea converting an FF vehicle, to RWD format. Then tuning it to handle the weight as if the car came from the factory and was designed with that hunk of a motor under its hood. That's about the most impressive conversion/creation I've seen next to the B185C powered Lotus Elise. :cool: Now THAT is one bad ass car, and would probably take the Cobra Focus hands down in handling, if not all out performance in general.

eckoman_pdx
11-07-2003, 11:48 PM
Yea, that Lotus Elise kicks ass. As for the "Terminator Focus"...I am not spending 70K plus the costof the focus...no way...I'll stick with a fully built (internals), closed deck b18b1, turbo'd, a nice federal mogul fuel management system (like papadankis used, I know I spelled it wrong). That costs much less than 70K plus vehicle. I admit the motor built and boost that high won't have daily driver reliablity, but that termanator focus isn't going to be a daily driver either. When it comes to a vehcile built for this, that fully built LS will get to 400HP much cheaper. I am sure someone will come in and tell me I am dumb or something, but I'll take that aformentioned honda. Robbie Potts in So. Cal has a 500HP boosted LS/Vtec Integra...and that motor didn't cost any 70K + 18K donor focus (88K) to pull off. Thats my 2 cents. You throw that into a CX hatch, you got a 2100lbs 400HP vehicle for the weekend drivig pleasure. That will haul ass (The "Termanator Focus...in the trim shown in the Article, comes in at around 3200 lbs and 500HP, and costs 88K including the donor focus, that too much if you ask me...it's not realistic).

kkrazyman
05-06-2004, 12:49 PM
see www.ford-v8-focus.com
no where NEAR 70g's boys. you r incorrect on that one.

Ravenscool
05-06-2004, 01:07 PM
man this thread has been dead for 6 months dude, why dig it back up?

eckoman_pdx
05-06-2004, 09:36 PM
see www.ford-v8-focus.com
no where NEAR 70g's boys. you r incorrect on that one.

Okay, first of all, don't bring up dead threads. This thread was dead, don't post in old thread. Check the dates.

Second, that number came straight from the company that did it, ATI. In both Road and Track and Sport Compact Car, they said the rough cost for them to do the conversion was around 70 grand total. Maybe their is a cheaper way to do it, we never said there wasn't. But if you want them to do it, thats what they said it would cost in both articles. I know what I read, so I am not inncorrect that that is their claimed price tag on it. If you don't beilive me, I can get you the issue number and page number.

That being said, please don't post again in this thread. It had been dead fro 6 months. Don't post is dead threads. Check the thread dates, and keep Dead threads dead. It's commen forum policy.

Ricochet
05-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Where's J Swigz when you need him...

kkiepvvessau
05-07-2004, 10:11 PM
american cars suck .... for example v8 mustang GT
can't smoke the STI or EVO Vii V4. in fact EVO Viii will kill mustang GT for good V4 turbo Kill V8 supercharger how embarrass ... THE new NSX V8 coming out no stock american CARS are going to kill it (Even Vett or Viper). NSX 2003 V6 giving those mustang a hard time already kakakak . have you guys heard rummor about Supra V8 coming out, but that have been cancel because it carry too much power on american market ... The picture been on the NET for long time in some website . dont' remember the site you have to search around ...

kkiepvvessau
05-07-2004, 10:17 PM
2 fast 2 furious dvd Version
extra bonus movie
3000GT vr4 vs Red Ferrari
3000GT vr4 vs Blue Civic
Rent at block buster watch it for yourself
for those who don't know , civic are fast if you mod it right ....
drop H22A add turbo stage 3, or b18C add turbo stage 3 . v8 on civic hmmm bad choice

SilverY2KCivic
05-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Some people just don't get it. :screwy: :disappoin

Add your comment to this topic!