Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Drum brakes

Mick1961
11-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Does anyone have any drawings, blueprints, or photo's of the assembled rear drum brakes on a 93 Pontiac Grand Am that they could e-mail or post online? Thanks

bmtphoenix
11-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Does anyone have any drawings, blueprints, or photo's of the assembled rear drum brakes on a 93 Pontiac Grand Am that they could e-mail or post online? Thanks

I'd suggest getting a subscription to alldatadiy.com. They have all that stuff...they've helped me immensely. All their info is car specific...not buicks and oldsmobiles too like the chilton's/hanes books.

Mick1961
11-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Thanks. I really was not looking for something I have to subscribe too. Was hopeing someone might have a photo, drawing or something that would be willing to share or perhaps even know of an online sourse. Thanks anyway though.

bmtphoenix
11-02-2003, 02:56 AM
Thanks. I really was not looking for something I have to subscribe too. Was hopeing someone might have a photo, drawing or something that would be willing to share or perhaps even know of an online sourse. Thanks anyway though.

These cars aren't known for a big do-it-yourselfer group. Alldatadiy.com is the only source I've found for diagrams and stuff that is actually reliable.

bustedratchet
11-02-2003, 10:02 AM
If you wanna do it yourself do it one side at a time the other side is your diagram.

bmtphoenix
11-04-2003, 06:40 AM
If you wanna do it yourself do it one side at a time the other side is your diagram.

Personally, I'm not going to mess with my drum brakes. Those things scare me. I have seen a diagram of them, and it's a mess. Little parts all over the place. Maybe if I had a place besides a freaking parking lot to do it, I might...

Jeff Halstead
11-07-2003, 11:05 PM
Personally, I'm not going to mess with my drum brakes. Those things scare me. I have seen a diagram of them, and it's a mess. Little parts all over the place. Maybe if I had a place besides a freaking parking lot to do it, I might...
Your best bet is to convert your car to all disc brakes depending on your budget and needs

Add your comment to this topic!