Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lotus Esprit SE

MaximumBrian
04-09-2001, 02:50 AM
Ok guys I've been saving for a while for another car or a new car. Part of me says sell the Maxima and get something like a used NSX or something kinda classy and exotic like that. Part of me also says keep the Maxima and get a 90-93 Esprit SE

I tihnk the car looks incredible and i heard it feels so fast. People have said it feels like the fastest lotus because of the major turbo lag. When the turbo kicks in it pushes the passengers back real hard.

Anyways, what does anyone know about reliability, driving, etc. What do ppl think when they see an SE rolling around?

Am I asking for a world of repairs or can this car be relatively reliable. British electrical systems frighten me.

enzo@af
04-09-2001, 10:33 AM
Reliability isn't a major concern....but parts support could be. Personally, I love Lotuses, and I'd probably take the lotus for no other reason than my sheer complete blindness to reason when it comes down to it. However, the NSX might be the best choice. Think of the mod potential matched with Hondas reliability. But, good luck either way and keep us posted.

MaximumBrian
04-10-2001, 02:07 AM
Yeah but it's an NSX. You can find those on a daily basis in nice areas, but a lotus is something else.

LotusEetsShitz
07-05-2001, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by enzo@af
Reliability isn't a major concern....but parts support could be. Personally, I love Lotuses, and I'd probably take the lotus for no other reason than my sheer complete blindness to reason when it comes down to it. However, the NSX might be the best choice. Think of the mod potential matched with Hondas reliability. But, good luck either way and keep us posted.

Igor you dumb shit! Reliability isnt a problem, bull shit. what are u trying to do, put this kid in debt. Lotus's, the older models are EXTREMELY unreliabale and parts are ridiculoulsy expensive and VERY hard to find. Its Lotus, a small time (in the U.S.) british company, you 15 year old assewipe!

Heep
07-05-2001, 09:07 AM
1. It was Enzo that said that, not Igor.
2. Lotus has been around since at least the 50's
3. Lotus has been in the US since at least the 70's, which is alot longer than Kia...do you trust Kia more?
4. Newer ('89+) Lotuses are very reliable, although not as good as an NSX.
5. Calling the founder of the site an asswipe is not going to get you anywhere.

You are correct in saying that Lotus parts are very expensive and tough to get. But I trust MaximumBrian has the funds to support it. Especially if he keeps his Maxima, then he has a car he can use if the Lotus does break down.

DVSNCYNIKL
07-05-2001, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by IgorEetsShitz

Igor you dumb shit! Reliability isnt a problem, bull shit. what are u trying to do, put this kid in debt. Lotus's, the older models are EXTREMELY unreliabale and parts are ridiculoulsy expensive and VERY hard to find. Its Lotus, a small time (in the U.S.) british company, you 15 year old assewipe!

And to add. Keep this down on a minimal. No need to get this verbal on this topic!!:mad:

fearless_simian
01-01-2002, 07:56 PM
at graduation at my highschool last year someone was given an esprit turbo se 90 or 91. they are around i guess. Wish my parents would take a hint :)

XSuROsISX
03-05-2002, 02:11 AM
The 4 cylinder esprit is a turd, I wouldn't even waste my money, I saw one get taken out by a damn 1G eclipse with a measily boost controller on the highway. Pathetic

Heep
04-14-2002, 11:59 AM
Drag racing and highway racing aren't anything. Put both of the cars on a bumpy, twisty mountain road with equal drivers and I would bet my life savings on the Esprit. Also, an Esprit is exotic, few people have them; it's going to catch a lot more admiring stares than a 1st gen Eclipse will. For a daily driver, I would take the Eclipse because of it's user-friendliness, but for a fun weekend car like Brian wants, I'd pay the money for the Lotus anyday.

SilverLotus340R
06-24-2002, 04:15 PM
if i had the money than i would def. get the lotus. NSX's are so common.

and for the retard that dissed igor .. you better hope to hell no one tells him.. and still think you will be able to post here.

jsb88
10-01-2002, 09:14 AM
They should introuce laws of capital punishments on users abusing this forum... give them an electric shock through their computer
:)

Add your comment to this topic!