Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Warranty Issues?

AuburnGuy
10-31-2003, 07:12 AM
I wanted to see if anyone else has had these experiences before I take my truck in for warranty work. I've had my Taco for about 11 months (after a friggin' doofus driving a dump truck broadsided my previous 2 month old Taco last year...) and love it, but:
1. I've recently noticed that my CD player is having problems. Essentially, the unit SOMETIMES has trouble both inserting and ejecting the disc (goes in and comes out hesitatingly and jerky). On these occasions, when the disc is finally pulled in, it sounds like it's spinning, but the disc won't play (track info doesn't show up on the display either). After ejecting and inserting several times, the unit will start functioning properly.

2. My left side-view mirror has always looked "warped".

3. The rubber "bumpers" on the cup holders have all cracked from very light use.

Anyone else had any of these issues? Any suggestions or advice on how to deal with Toyota on them in relation to the warranty?

And, then, this morning, my wife backs into it with the Camry...

Thanks.

'03DC3.4TRD4X4
10-31-2003, 07:53 AM
The problems you are experiencing are primarily due to the "US, Canadian, and Mexican" sourced parts on the Tacoma. I wish we could still get the Hilux truck here in the US. I anticipate these small problems will come up on my '03 eventually. But at least the drivetrain is Japan sourced.
You alternative is to drive a domestic. Then at least you could expect problems from all components limiting the suprise effects!

Add your comment to this topic!