Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Noob Question on ODM

97HCiViC
10-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi! I'm a noob to cars and such. I would like to know what ODM is? Also I was wondering what the difference between ODM 1 and ODM 2 is? And one more thing. I own a 1997 Honda Civic DX and was wondering what ODM do i have? I plan on doing an engine swap on my car(Don't worry it's gonna be in a while, till i do a lot of research) and i hear all this suff about ODM. Thanks! -97HCiViC

Ricochet
10-28-2003, 08:27 PM
lol... it's "OBD". Your car is OBD2. OBD2 basically monitors more things going on in your engine over OBD1, for example yours has two O2 sensors in your exhaust piping while an older OBD1 Civic only has one on the exhaust manifold.

hondaracer
10-28-2003, 10:32 PM
lol... it's "OBD". Your car is OBD2. OBD2 basically monitors more things going on in your engine over OBD1, for example yours has two O2 sensors in your exhaust piping while an older OBD1 Civic only has one on the exhaust manifold.

Very true..... Its pretty much what he just said. And that is pretty funny about the ODM when its OBD. Its all good though. But do some research before you think about that engine swap so you don't mix anything else up.

Add your comment to this topic!