programmers

boytieguy
10-28-2003, 11:15 AM
does anybody know if these programmers can be used to reprogam more than one truck? i have an 02 Z71 and my wife a 03 Tahoe. i would like to reprogram both trucks will this require two programmers?i know there are a few makers (hypertech,granitelli,super chip....etc.). if anybody can help me out i would be greatful.

harley0928
10-29-2003, 12:35 AM
Hi Boy,

I have a HyperTech and I love the setup they have. I wouldn'y buy a truck and not order one without it again. You can program more than one vechicle as long as you unload or put the original factory program stored on the programmer back on the original vechicle. Then you can move on to another vechicle. Only way on a HyperTech. If you have an EPROM burner, you might be able to copy the chip, and then place the chip you want in the programmer. I don't know this for sure, and I wouldn't want to cheat HyperTech out of their money anyway. They make to go of a product for that.

Steve

harley0928
10-29-2003, 12:38 AM
I forgot one thing. The programmers are usally made for model years. I know mine is for all Chevy/GMC 2003. I know the ECU is different for 2002. On a Tahoe I can't say.

tsand
10-29-2003, 02:41 PM
I have a Hypertech Power Programmer for a 2002 gm truck or suv for sale ($350) Im selling my truck and dont need it any more if interested email me at turnersanders@yahoo.com

bim
10-30-2003, 02:38 AM
The Hypertech Power Programmer reads and records the vin number from the car's computer. It will not allow you to reprogram another truck until you de-program the existing truck. The only way to do this is to have Hypertech reset the power programmer. I tried this with my 96 Impala SS and they would not reset the power programmer.

mustgo69
12-02-2003, 10:45 PM
I also am selling my Hypertech programmer, $300 to your door. Let me know, daddychapa@earthlink.net

Musial-6
12-02-2003, 11:41 PM
Superchips works the same way as the Hypertech. They become VIN locked after you use it. The only other way to use it on another vehicle is to put your first back to stock and unlock the program.

jeverett
12-03-2003, 08:07 AM
Superchips works the same way as the Hypertech. They become VIN locked after you use it. The only other way to use it on another vehicle is to put your first back to stock and unlock the program.

Hey, how do you like your Brute Force intake? I'm about to purchase an intake and an debating between K&N, Brute Force ,and Volant

Musial-6
12-03-2003, 11:57 AM
I like it very much. It has a large 5 inch tube, which I love. It's chrome, rather than black which was a high selling point to me. The first time I drove it, I could feel the difference. Obviously not a huge difference, but still made me feel good.

Here's a photo of it installed.

http://www.boomspeed.com/tjkitchens/truck3.jpg

If you do go with AEM Brute Force, check out First-1.com. I picked it up for like $240.00 with Free Shipping. That was the cheapest I found, but that was a while back, they may be cheaper now.

BadBoy1404
12-07-2003, 06:01 PM
I like it very much. It has a large 5 inch tube, which I love. It's chrome, rather than black which was a high selling point to me.

I have a K&N intake and it is a very noticeable difference. I was turned away from the AEM because of the chrome tube. As you probably know metal heats up a lot quicker than plastic. So the AEM i believe wouldnt be as efficient as the K&N.

Add your comment to this topic!