Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 teg help?

kpsycho
10-27-2003, 11:39 PM
well i got a couple questions

1. ok i have a small leak from my valve cover whats wrong ive heard i need a new head gasket?

2. im gonna turbo my car what should i do before hand as far as maybe rebuild the engine to prep and get it ready and able to hold descent amounts of boost?

3. how much boost should i go for?

4. what is it that makes a car chasis so stiff like i see on some imports this guy i know's del sol the whole car shakes when he takes off cause he's got so much power is it just cause the drop or would be something like the bushings its very stiif sturdy like cant quite describe but ive seen it on a few imports around?

5. who likes the name bob? oh ok sorry i mean how much would you think it cost to get a shop to do a custom exhaust if i got a muffler?

its a 92 teg gs with automatic

Spectre927
10-28-2003, 01:04 AM
You didnt even ask us if we think you should get a 5 speed. Ill help with the other questions, but Im tired right now.

kpsycho
10-29-2003, 09:26 AM
not sure im gonna get an 5 speed i like my auto im lazy its nice plus after college im probably going to move to seattly and stick would be a bitch plus im not very experienced with stick either only driven moms stang and her firebird (very easy very very easy to spin wet tires in the firebird hehe that was fun) ne body got any advice be appreciated

kpsycho
10-30-2003, 11:06 PM
cmon people need some help you can do it u got the power and most of ya have the knowledge this is probly one of the best places to get advice on the net cmon :banghead: i hope im not asking stupid questions or something but im not a genius and got to learn somewhere

kpsycho
11-01-2003, 06:46 PM
cmon give me some answers so far no one has given me help wtf people cmon please u can do it

AzTek_LoCo
11-03-2003, 10:25 PM
man i wish i could help u but im just another newbie too. :dunno:

micray83
11-03-2003, 11:15 PM
#4: Tower braces, strut/sway bars on the Del Sol? Those parts can make the suspension tighter which prevents body roll and gives the car better handling and control. At the sime it also makes for a harsher ride of course, which may be the cause of the shaking. Or, it might be from not engaging the clutch into first all the way before hitting the throttle which would cause the whole body to shake. Who knows...?

kpsycho
11-03-2003, 11:42 PM
thanx for the info i was just wondering that could be right but i dont know oh well i was just wondering if lowering any other suspension mods make it really that stiff who knows not that important the improved handling is whats important and less roll to well i thanx fro your help

vtecteg
11-06-2003, 02:22 PM
well i got a couple questions
4. what is it that makes a car chasis so stiff like i see on some imports this guy i know's del sol the whole car shakes when he takes off cause he's got so much power is it just cause the drop or would be something like the bushings its very stiif sturdy like cant quite describe but ive seen it on a few imports around?

i saw in some magazine (i forgot which one) but they took the interior out and filled the subframe (terminology could be wrong) with foam in a can. stiffens the chaises lot, is light weight, cheap but alot of work.

vtecteg
11-06-2003, 02:34 PM
2. im gonna turbo my car what should i do before hand as far as maybe rebuild the engine to prep and get it ready and able to hold descent amounts of boost?

deffinently rebuild it

how much boost doyou want to run?

changeout your head bolts to arp bolts

kpsycho
11-06-2003, 08:39 PM
deffinently rebuild it

how much boost doyou want to run?

changeout your head bolts to arp bolts

uh not sure what do you think im not trying to go all out if i do go boos but im considering it how much do you think i should and like ok well how much to get to low 13's and possibly 12's

vtecteg
11-06-2003, 09:34 PM
uh not sure what do you think im not trying to go all out if i do go boos but im considering it how much do you think i should and like ok well how much to get to low 13's and possibly 12's

from what i have heard ithink that on a stock motor you can get away with 10 lbs of boost on a rebuilt motor but you'll want a missing link or a hondata

kpsycho
11-07-2003, 10:19 AM
does any know some comparitive numbers as like

xxboost=xxhp=xx1/4

for a 2nd gen teg.

vtecteg
11-07-2003, 01:37 PM
does any know some comparitive numbers as like

xxboost=xxhp=xx1/4

for a 2nd gen teg.

all i know is that my friend has a 92' civic hatch w/ a b16a, turbo
its not a teg but he does 8lbs, ??? hp, 14's 1/4

he could do better in the 1/4 but he's blown 5 trannies and so he babies it now

kpsycho
11-07-2003, 08:16 PM
i have an auto so with say i ran 9 lbs what you think i could do and how hard is it to get kit installed

kpsycho
11-08-2003, 07:21 PM
bump heheee

shaunthebadass
11-08-2003, 11:45 PM
dude i wouldnt run more than like 8-10 lbs of boost on a stock motor......if i were you i would try to help out the fuel system in ur car so you wont be runing lean when you put the turbo in......also i would get new cams, lifters and pistons just to make sure that im not gonna sling a piston or ram a lifter in my engine......you would def benefit from hondata in ur car.....and if u ask me its the best bang for ur buck, you can change ur car to help maximize power from every part that you add from a laptop using the software

kpsycho
11-09-2003, 12:46 AM
yeah so far im thinking im just gonna go with simple bolt ons and wait till i have the full knowledge of what im doing till i turbo and have the money too its a serious and complex step to go FI and i dont want to do it unless im 100% sure but its good to learn now oh and does what do you think about headers im still looking around are OBX or Pacetter good for the money or just go ahead and save and get like dc or what

shaunthebadass
11-10-2003, 11:08 AM
skunk 2 is about to come out with some headers for our cars....i was lookin at the wholesale price list last night and they'll be out soon.......just wait like me and get that when it comes out

Add your comment to this topic!