Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I Need a front end genious

caltegracraig
10-27-2003, 06:57 PM
I have a 91 integra. The front passenger side brake pads were wearing off quickly and my car vibrated when I applied brakes. So like anyone with a brain cell would I replaced the rotor. Then without the wheel on ran the car in 1st gear rotor still seemed to woble. The caliper moves in and out and vibrates when I put on the brake. So I tried Replacing: Brake caliper/ wheel bearing/ whole vertical control arm which included new bearing and hub/ still the same. What Could possibly be wrong with my car. HELP ME PLEASE

P.S Dealer told me I need new brake pads.......O.K. your SMART it took an hour to diagnose now I owe you 85 bones.

BullShifter
10-28-2003, 12:09 AM
If your brake pads were worn, why did you replace the rotors? You should have replaced the pads with Honda brake pads & resurface if possbile, if not then you would replace rotor's.

caltegracraig
10-28-2003, 01:28 PM
I replaced old pads with new pads and a brand new rotor 3 times which is twice as good as a resurfaced rotor.

Those things are all effects. I am trying to diagnose the cause. The Cause is a front rotor that will not spin flat it wobles like it is warped.

Add your comment to this topic!