Replicas

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rated-Z
10-27-2003, 07:16 AM
Since I could'nt upload the pics here I have them in my webshots gallery check out the link for some tough replica's.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ratedz (note for Lamborghini Replicas click on the Replicas folder)

Anyway I would like to hear replies on these kits since they are of high quality.

Rated-Z
10-27-2003, 09:23 PM
Most people who own Lamborghini replica's would want a real one if they had the money for the car and could afford the insurance. I would rather spend my cash on a professionally built kit that looks amazing (like the real Lambos) and has an 800hp powerplant that will thrash most cars on the road, including expensive porsches, mercs, beemers, skylines, vipers etc than buy an expensive merc or beemer or a rice car. It might not be a real Lambo but it looks the look and goes the go, what more do you want?

lovetogofast
10-27-2003, 09:58 PM
wow those are awesome looking! im currently in the market for one of those well built diablos right now and of course who wouldnt want one of those. if you ask me most people wont even know the difference between the real ones and a replica anyways but hey i guess if you have the money for a real one that great but for us average guys a replica will do for me anyday:) are you also looking into buying one? i just need some help cause im still new to this whole replica thing.

Rated-Z
10-28-2003, 12:12 AM
Hey, yeah im looking around for either a 30th anniversary or a roadster kit, right now im just gathering info on builders and companies, from what ive heard and read on kit car forums the best two companies would be www.exoticglass.com and www.exoticreplicacars.com I would suggest looking at the replica chassis that North American Exotic make, I would much rather go with the custom chassis than with the streched fiero based chassis. Which model stands out more the Diablo Roadster or the 30th Anniversary?

lovetogofast
10-28-2003, 12:22 AM
hmmmm wouldnt it be more expensive to insure a custom chasis though? cause if its a fiero based than i figured that i might be able to insure it under a fiero.. i dunno. as for what stands out more i would go with the roadster:) thats what im trying to buy right now. so when you gonna get it done? im trying to get it by next summer or earlier so really trying to find out as much as i possibly can. forgot how the 30th one looked like. oh how about this place for building a kit car....check it out www.kitcarmfg.com . i think they are pretty good so far from what ive seen. by the way where you you live and when do you plan on getting you kit car?

-Davo
10-28-2003, 12:37 AM
they are impressive, but fake nonetheless

I'd rather work to own a real, then to bludge and own a copy.

Rated-Z
10-28-2003, 12:49 AM
It would be cheaper for you, im from Australia so I would have to put it under recreational vehicles either way, i plan to get one some time next year. I find the 30th anniversary (look in my album page in replicas, the dark grey one with the countach in the background is the 30th anniversary) is lower and sleeker with smooth lines, the roadster looks wider and tougher though with a mean exotic performance look. As for the www.kitcarmfg.com site I haven't dealt with them or know much about them so I have no idea what the quality/accuracy of their kits are, I say if your going for a kit make sure you purchase from a known builder/company and send them a few e-mails or call them regarding their kits and with general information about the quality and options that their kits come with. If they don't reply to their e-mails or calls I would say don't deal with them, I'm not going to build one myself but rather purchase a complete turnkey, are you thinking of building one yourself or looking into the turnkey option?

Rated-Z
10-28-2003, 01:08 AM
Davo, some of us can't afford the real deal and some can but insurance is the killer, I would rather own a replica than being Owned by a real lambo and working my ass off for years, struggling to pay off a huge home loan and an almost identical car loan, bills, insurance, food, petrol etc. Some of us have responsibilites.

lovetogofast
10-28-2003, 01:52 AM
Davo, some of us can't afford the real deal and some can but insurance is the killer, I would rather own a replica than being Owned by a real lambo and working my ass off for years, struggling to pay off a huge home loan and an almost identical car loan, bills, insurance, food, petrol etc. Some of us have responsibilites.

very well said...i cannot afford a real one, heck ive even heard from one owner who owns a real lambo diablo but after hanging with some of the replica guys he now wants to trade it in for a replica cause mainly of the high insurance that he is paying right now. all i know is that i would never be able to pay the insurance and repairs alone of the real deal.....so looks like a replica will have to do for now for me to play with until i win the lottery;) but to all who has the real deal you got my vote:)

allanlambo
10-28-2003, 01:55 AM
Sorry, but in todays market, you can buy a nice 91-92 Diablo for 75-80,000. It will cost you that for a nice replica, which regardless of what anyone says, once your next to it, all the flaws show. Sure you can put one together, put a huge engine in it and it will be fast. But it will still drive like a$$, and they are very heavy. Those bodies come out so wavy you need 10 tons of bondo to try and straighten them. Then there was the guy who was driving one in a high speed open road challange, and the passanger door got ripped out of the car. Another guys whole rear came appart from the wind resistence. They are all bombs. You end up putting soo much money into them, then they are worth nothing anyway. So you may end up saving alittle on the initial purchase, but you lose it all on the sale. Plus no matter how good you make it, once anyone finds out its a replica, its just considered a fake fiero rebody. Look at the pictures of the silver Se you posted. Thats horrible, look around the door glass etc. The bodies are all wrong. I have a buddy of mine who is making one, (been about 3 years and 50,000 so far) and its no where near completed, and he had to basicly re-do the entire body, then take a mold of that, to make his car. Time is money.

lovetogofast
10-28-2003, 02:00 AM
It would be cheaper for you, im from Australia so I would have to put it under recreational vehicles either way, i plan to get one some time next year. I find the 30th anniversary (look in my album page in replicas, the dark grey one with the countach in the background is the 30th anniversary) is lower and sleeker with smooth lines, the roadster looks wider and tougher though with a mean exotic performance look. As for the www.kitcarmfg.com site I haven't dealt with them or know much about them so I have no idea what the quality/accuracy of their kits are, I say if your going for a kit make sure you purchase from a known builder/company and send them a few e-mails or call them regarding their kits and with general information about the quality and options that their kits come with. If they don't reply to their e-mails or calls I would say don't deal with them, I'm not going to build one myself but rather purchase a complete turnkey, are you thinking of building one yourself or looking into the turnkey option?

hmmm where is your album? cant seem to find the link. kool so looks like your planning to get one right around the same time as me than. i think we can definitly help each other out since we are basically looking for the exact same thing. im gonna check out the www.kitcarmfg.com and see how they are. for now it looks like they are my main guys but i will have to call them or maybe take a trip up there to see for myself. theres one guy here who owns a diablo replica, ive seen him drive by twice already but just never got to catch up with him....next time i will have to chase him down;) oh no im not gonna build one myself either as i dont have the skills for this kind of work. im looking to buy a completed one where all i need is gas. turnkey option?....is that a completed one? i'll keep you updated on any good companies i find, if you run across any be sure to let me know too:)

spare_me_a_murci
10-28-2003, 03:48 AM
Sorry, but in todays market, you can buy a nice 91-92 Diablo for 75-80,000. It will cost you that for a nice replica, which regardless of what anyone says, once your next to it, all the flaws show. Sure you can put one together, put a huge engine in it and it will be fast. But it will still drive like a$$, and they are very heavy. Those bodies come out so wavy you need 10 tons of bondo to try and straighten them. Then there was the guy who was driving one in a high speed open road challange, and the passanger door got ripped out of the car. Another guys whole rear came appart from the wind resistence. They are all bombs. You end up putting soo much money into them, then they are worth nothing anyway. So you may end up saving alittle on the initial purchase, but you lose it all on the sale. Plus no matter how good you make it, once anyone finds out its a replica, its just considered a fake fiero rebody. Look at the pictures of the silver Se you posted. Thats horrible, look around the door glass etc. The bodies are all wrong. I have a buddy of mine who is making one, (been about 3 years and 50,000 so far) and its no where near completed, and he had to basicly re-do the entire body, then take a mold of that, to make his car. Time is money.

I have to agree... even the rubber surrounding the window makes it look like a cheap car. If you don't have the money to a real Lambo, buy a car that's worth it's value (an NSX, a Supra, whatever..) ... not something trying to pretend to be something much more than it is!!

TexasF355F1
10-28-2003, 09:55 AM
I have to agree... even the rubber surrounding the window makes it look like a cheap car. If you don't have the money to a real Lambo, buy a car that's worth it's value (an NSX, a Supra, whatever..) ... not something trying to pretend to be something much more than it is!!
Yep :iagree:

allanlambo
10-28-2003, 01:13 PM

Very well said.

Lambo Maniac
10-28-2003, 04:50 PM
oh ya its well said..anyway the images of allanlambo's show great replicas like never before....the best i saw except for the flat straight wings..man they r so outstanding in a stupid way....

Dallas_Diablo
10-29-2003, 05:17 PM
I currently own a replica diablo that has beat real diablos in car shows. Everything on the car is just as good or better than the original. Don't get me wrong, I love real Diablos but if I owned one I could never drive it because of insurance costs and maintanance costs. On my car I can hit the gas and not feel bad about it. It currently is for sale right now so for 69,500 if you are interested check out my web site. The car has less than 200 miles on oit and everything is brand new. Contact me via e-mail if interested and only serious buyers please emilbragdon@hotmail.com

http://emil.freecyberzone.com/photo3.html

hiphophomer
10-29-2003, 06:59 PM
can you post a pic od how the seats look plz? :evillol:
p.s. nice viper you own,if you could afford viper insurance why not a diablo..i smell a lie.... :evillol:

-Davo
10-29-2003, 07:18 PM

you think I don't know that?

I would rather own a REAL diablo (IMHO) than a fake one.
If i can't afford a REAL diablo (which is the case for me and many alike) i will get a holden, or something.

allanlambo
10-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Thats funny. I looked at your replica for sale, and its pretty hideous. And yes, people always love "fake cars" more than real cars. Kind of like choosing a $20 Rolex copy over the real deal. Give me a break. There is nothing just as good or better then the original in a fake. They are horrible. Take a good look down the side of yours, see how crappy the spacing in the wheels looks, the waves in the body. the incorrect window frames. They are all trash, i wouldnt of flamed you until you posted something idiotic.

BTW, i own a real Diablo, drive it all the time and it has been trouble free. I never feel bad flooring it. Now you say you dont either, but you have 200 miles on the car? Please take your crapbox elsewhere. BTW, you will never, ever get anywhere near 69,500.

Dallas_Diablo
10-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Congraulations Allenlambo you are a lucky guy to own a real diablo, and I am sorry if you think my car is crappy. I have to purchase something that I can afford and the way you act makes you look like a rich prick. Some people cannot afford cars like those and the next best thing is to get a replica. And no I am not lieing, the car did win the Autofest 2003 here in Dallas against other real exotics. As for the asking price I have seen cars of this nature complete ranging from $45,000 on up. The reason why my car is priced that way is because my Diablo has a complete tubular frame, was built by one of the best builders in the country, and has a 600 HP Big Block. It weighs 3022 lbs and 600 HP would sort of put your "Real" Diablo in my rearview :). Again congratulations on being rich and being able to afford all your dream cars you are lucky. I am an avid Diablo fan and only dream that I could afford a Diablo someday, but unfortunately I know that I would be unable to.

allanlambo
10-30-2003, 02:52 AM
Unfortuanately my friend, you come off as an idiot. First you stated that it won out over other Diablos, than other exotics.

2nd of all, your car will never weigh 3000pds. They are big heavy bondo bombs, and even if it did, and even if it made 600hp, youd get destroyed by my Diablo Sv, at just over 3200pds, makes right around 750hp.

No one said anything about people who cant afford real cars, or have replicas.I dont have a problem with that. What you did, was try to spread false information on real cars justifying your crapbox. Again, you will never get 69,000 for your car. Youd be lucky to get 25,000.

spare_me_a_murci
10-30-2003, 03:59 AM
Just saw that kit Lambo on other thread... and again, I'll have to agree with Alan! That kit is awful!! That front nose is simply hideous!! Oh, and the interiors!!!..how could that be compared to a real one?

Dallas_Diablo: man... I may believe that you spent 5 years building it, but what you show us really doesn't give it any value. And I find very hard to believe your claims about the kit.. either way, even if it could beat a 360 modena, It would be devastated by a real Diablo SV.. not to mention Alan's tuned SV!!

Rated-Z
10-30-2003, 05:25 AM
Dallas_Diablo nice replica, congrats allanlambo for being able to afford a real Lambo, why the hell do you think people buy replica lambo's for? Because they are more practical than a real one if you haven't got the funds.

Originally Posted by spare_me_a_murci

I live in Australia and Jap cars are everywhere, Skylines, Supras, 180sx's, silvia's, 200sx's, 300zx's the whole lot, and to tell you the truth the NSX is'nt worth its price tag, I would be happier spending 100K+ on a replica diablo than on one of those basically I want something unique that's not common and if its gonna be a replica then a replica it is so please respect my view. allanlambo... warps? How the hell can you tell the replica's panels are warped from a bloody picture?

Dallas_Diablo
10-30-2003, 01:09 PM
allanlambo,
You call me an idiot, you call my car a crapbox. You need to growup. I find it very easy for a fat rich loser, who thinks he is better than everybody, to sit at his keyboard and talk trash. If you have questions about the body for example I would answer it, and no the body is very straight with no waves. I can tell you know nothing about replicas as my body is very top notch and I have had the car up to 163 mph so far and it was very smooth. Have you seen the chassis of a real Diablo? The chassis is a space frame square tubed chassis with decent welds. The chassis on certain replicas like mine are round tube Nascar style chassis, which are built to handle high speeds and extreme turns. That is the appeal of replicas, they are affordable and you can build it like you please. I came on here not to piss anybody off and if I did I apologize. Bottom line, you own a real Diablo.....man you are a cool guy. I am happy with my replica.

allanlambo
10-30-2003, 02:33 PM
I just dont understand, first its a car with 200miles on it, never raced, then its a car that has gone 163mph.

Anyways, i dont mind replicas. I have a very good friend of mine who is building one. He bought a D+R i believe, then spent 1,000's of hours cutting it up to make the body proportions identical to the real car. He was using my Diablo (Both my 92 and 98) for measurements. He showed me all the little lines and curves in the real Diablo that the copies completely miss. He has been working on this kit for many years, and has over 45,000 in it. Its not even close to being finished, and he's nearly broke.

Lamborghini spent millions of dollars on developing the Diablo, you cant expect someone can make something at home that is comparable. It may resemble it, but it will never have the feel, the sound, or the feeling of accomplishment of buying the real deal. If this was not true, then everyone, including the rich, would just buy the best replicas in the world.

Park a real Diablo next to any kit, and you can immediately spot the fake.

Anyways, didnt mean to really get on you as hard as i did, i just dont like when people stretch the truth, especially about something i worked hard for. You have to understand, just as you say you will never afford it, i worked very hard to make sure i could afford it.

Also, im not fat.lol :cwm27:

allanlambo
10-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Look at the wheel wells, around the windows, the shape of the Sv inlets, the gap between the Sv decklid and the roof, the side of the car looks stretched, your actually sitting looking out the window where her hand is, in the real deal that is behind you.
http://emil.freecyberzone.com/images/6-1-03_exterior1.jpg
http://emil.freecyberzone.com/images/2.jpg
http://emil.freecyberzone.com/images/6-1-03_exterior4.jpg

http://media.racingflix.com/pictures/featured_ride/november-2002/rf_11.jpg
http://media.racingflix.com/pictures/featured_ride/november-2002/rf_15.jpg
http://media.racingflix.com/pictures/featured_ride/november-2002/rf_8.jpg

Dallas_Diablo
10-30-2003, 02:47 PM
Im glad we could put this thing to rest. I have always wanted a Diablo all my life and this is the next best thing I could do. I know that it is not 100% accurate, no replica will be 100%.

allanlambo
10-30-2003, 03:29 PM
So one last question, if youve wanted a Diablo all your life, built this replica,obviously put alot of time,effort and money into it, havent even driven it at all, why sell it?

Rated-Z
10-30-2003, 11:10 PM
If anyone has photos or movie clips of replica's please post them, I have a few clips of some replica's but don't know how to post em here. Allanlambo if I decide to buy a replica I know thats its not accurate like the real thing but similar enough, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference and I know for a fact that the ladies don't care, fake or not its a chick magnet.

allanlambo
10-31-2003, 02:16 AM
If your buying a car to impress ladies, your doing it for the wrong reasons. I can gaurentee you, that if the ladies find out your car is a replica, they will absolutely redicule you. Kind of like pulling out your 10 inch penis and having the 7 inch extension fall off.

allanlambo
10-31-2003, 02:18 AM
Do you guys know that these replicas are almost 1 foot longer than the real deal? Thats why they look elongated, thats why they try to never photograph them completely from the side, always at an angle, because they look funny.

Lambo Maniac
10-31-2003, 12:04 PM
oh ya ...thats true....

-Davo
11-01-2003, 12:37 AM
If your buying a car to impress ladies, your doing it for the wrong reasons. I can gaurentee you, that if the ladies find out your car is a replica, they will absolutely redicule you. Kind of like pulling out your 10 inch penis and having the 7 inch extension fall off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's a good one.

If I had 100k, i WOULDN'T by a rep, i'd put it away and compound the fucker so in 10 years time when i pull it out i can buy the real deal!

OR

I'd by me a nice Holden HSV

OR

A Porche Boxer

NOT a fake.

*ed*

BTW allan, I have to admit, I have masturbated to your car more than once *shy*

(not really)

Dallas_Diablo
11-01-2003, 02:39 PM
I am selling my car so that I may build another Diablo Replica that is built strictly as a race car. It will have a Twin Turbo 454 ci Big Block. Targeted quarter mile et's are in the 7's, and targeted power output will be 1200 hp. I love my current car, but I already have a decent street car (Dodge Viper), I want to take it to the next level. :)

Lambo Maniac
11-01-2003, 10:05 PM
DAMN DALLAS DIABLO!

you know 1200 BHP is undrivable...well lets say i wish to tame such a bull..but i think you will drive that lambo only in drag races i assume..not in roads...

Rated-Z
11-02-2003, 01:18 AM
allanlambo thats a pretty stupid comparison, and where did I say that I was buying a car to impress the chicks, your starting to sound like a rich stupid fuck. -Davo - good buy yourself a HSV pffft or Porsche Boxster (learn to spell) im not gonna tell you what to buy or tell you how to manage your funds so don't try do that to me.

allanlambo
11-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Rated Z, why dont you try sticking your head up your ass and see if it fits?

Rated-Z
11-02-2003, 02:54 AM
allanlambo, grow a dick and eat it.

allanlambo
11-02-2003, 02:32 PM
Rated Z, sounds like youve got cock on the mind. Do your parents know about this?

Lambo Maniac
11-02-2003, 08:29 PM
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Diavolo
11-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Allan,

I hope you know that there are more accurate kits available than Dallas Diablo's (Naerc). BTW, your friends' D & R kit has a longer roof line for more headroom, but it's still more complete and accurate than IFG.

Although you do have good points about replicas not coming close to the originals, some people can't afford the real thing and in my honest opinion would give you a real sense of accomplishment when you're able to get it to the level his car is in.

I'm not saying that there's no sense of accomplishment in buying the real thing, because being able to afford is one hell of an accomplishment in itself, but there's a difference between buying one and building your own.

Both of you took very different paths to owning the cars that you love so there should be more respect between you guys instead of acting like little 8 year olds, after all of your dedication you put in, you'd think that you're all beyond name calling.

Sexy beast
11-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Rated Z, why dont you try sticking your head up your ass and see if it fits?

It's not necessary, we've seen you do it plenty of times. So stop being an asshole.

allanlambo
11-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Sexy Beast, maybe its your head thats up his ass!

allanlambo
11-03-2003, 12:55 PM
Allan,

I hope you know that there are more accurate kits available than Dallas Diablo's (Naerc). BTW, your friends' D & R kit has a longer roof line for more headroom, but it's still more complete and accurate than IFG.

Although you do have good points about replicas not coming close to the originals, some people can't afford the real thing and in my honest opinion would give you a real sense of accomplishment when you're able to get it to the level his car is in.

I'm not saying that there's no sense of accomplishment in buying the real thing, because being able to afford is one hell of an accomplishment in itself, but there's a difference between buying one and building your own.

Both of you took very different paths to owning the cars that you love so there should be more respect between you guys instead of acting like little 8 year olds, after all of your dedication you put in, you'd think that you're all beyond name calling.

It is not stretched for more headroom. It would need to go up for more headroom. It is stretched to clear the frame with fiero engine cradle.

Sexy beast
11-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Sexy Beast, maybe its your head thats up his ass!

Ha ha! You're not very clever! and the reason why you're so offensive is because Rated Z makes you look stupid by driving the same car as you with less money.

allanlambo
11-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Lol. See our school system is just not working. Youre proof of this. Yes, im very upset someone is driving a kit car that resembles my car from a mile away. Im also jealous of the guy wearing the $5.00 Rolex knock off. Lol. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Sexy beast
11-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Lol. See our school system is just not working. Youre proof of this.

Hey I'm a smart guy, I've had plenty of rich dipshits bring their overpriced car into my garage with a small problem and leave with a $12,000 repair bill. So I'm pretty smart.

Yes, im very upset someone is driving a kit car that resembles my car from a mile away. Im also jealous of the guy wearing the $5.00 Rolex knock off. Lol. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

If you felt flattered you wouldn't be flaming kit car owners. What you are exhibiting is anger because you feel threatened. So you're the one that actually has the 10 incher with the 7 inch extension.

spare_me_a_murci
11-03-2003, 06:30 PM
this thread is way out of hand... it's becoming a very childish display! Everyone has a right to express their own opinion and everyone has their reasons... but this kind of 'mine is better than yours because...' is ridiculous and very childish.

I'll try to express my opinion subtely so nobody feels hurt...
I own neither a Lamborghini nor a replica of one... and due to my financial forecast, I'm almost certain I never will! There are people that just love the style of the Diablo and wouldn't mind having a replica of one.. what they want is an affordable car that's really cool looking... so they're happy with a kit. Some people have the financial belongings to buy a real ultimate machine and don't even blink before buying a Lamborghini... so they are happy too! So.. everybody has their own reasons...
...as for me... well, my dream begun when visiting a car museum while travelling through my country... I was becoming a teenager at the time (I'm 23 for who might ask) and saw 2 red Lambos, a Countash and a Diablo right next to each other... then I only thought 'wow, cool'... but the image permanently stuck in my head... and every time I saw one (not live, very unfortunately), I could only see the most beatiful machine ever created. Since then I haven't seen one only Lamborghini in the flesh and my love is even greater than before. My girlfriend sometimes has dreams where I leave her for some bitch with a Lambo (I am not making this up).
Well, to make this long story short - and again, trying not to offend anyone, this is only my personal opinion - every Lambo kit car I see seems ugly and deformed.. maybe is just my addiction to Lamborghinis that makes me see all others ugly, but it is what I see. And somehow it has something ricer in it - as they (ricers) try to immitate rally cars with cheap labor and parts.
Man, I could have a really cool looking kit that 'chicks would dig' and with enough to leave most ricers behind me, but I would never, ever, feel as acomplished as having the real deal.. the ultimate dream machine... the one car that would make me tremble only touching it... and with it ALL... the perfectly designed body... the devilish engine behind my back... and with luxury and true style!!

Trying as hard as I can, I can't think of myself being happy with a fake copy of my dream car!

allanlambo
11-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Hey I'm a smart guy, I've had plenty of rich dipshits bring their overpriced car into my garage with a small problem and leave with a $12,000 repair bill. So I'm pretty smart.

Wow! What an accomplishment! Makes you feel good to rob people, and then brag about it! Whats funny, is that you act as though $12,000 is alot of money. To you, since you're bragging about it, it must be. To the one paying it, its most likely not.

If you felt flattered you wouldn't be flaming kit car owners. What you are exhibiting is anger because you feel threatened. So you're the one that actually has the 10 incher with the 7 inch extension.

I definately do not feel threatened by anyone, and i dont mind kits. Good quality kits. I only flamed when they tried to compare the kit, and try and say it is superior to the real deal.

-Davo
11-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Allan's right.

I don't own a diablo OR a replica.

But the people who own replica's DO go around comparing it to a 'real' one, and saying it IS better because of something, a diablo weighs around 1.5T, a rep can weigh about 900kg, so NO SHIT it might have faster acceleration for .9 of a second faster then the real deal.
But in reality, you're driving dogshit incognito.

"I beat against real diablo's"
I find that very hard to believe.
In my opinion, if you had to 'upgrade' your car to make it worth a dollar, and it DOES beat a lamborghini, you're still a fucking retard.

It's like this:
Say I have a 2 inch penis (EXAMPLE) and my best mate has a 7 inch. That's 5 inch differance!! So I buy a pump and take growth pills and grow to 8 inches, that's an improvement isn't it! AND i'm now bigger than my friend, BUT, i still had to upgrade to compete with someone/thing superiour than myself (car), so that makes me a competive loser.

Rated-Z
11-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Ignoring allanlambos replies ill say what I have to say.

spare_me_a_murci your pretty much spot on with what you said, I would love to own an original Lamborghini, but because I know I wont be able to afford one I would be happy with a replica. A few reasons are because they are more affordable than the real thing, insurance is cheaper, maintenance etc, But the main thing is it has a similar design to the original, obviously they arent 100% lookalike but it has that same style and look that most of us are attracted to. Now I wont just pick any replica I find, and I wouldn't pick the streched fiero chassis either, it makes me feel like im driving a fiero with a large bodykit that looks like a lamborghini. I would rather take the replica chassis design with a totally new mechanical setup that mimics the real thing. If it wasn't for the chassis replica I wouldnt be buying a replica/kit car at all, this is just the way I view it but I would rather buy a Series 6 rx7 or a JZA80 supra than a replica on a fiero chassis.

Obviously there are cocky replica owners that say stupid things just like real lamborghini owners, there will always be people like that.

TTBADBOY
11-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Many times Ive seen people pump 50k into a replica when 80k will get you the real deal.Its people like this,always looking for the short cut ,that dont have the common sense to aquire their dream car when its not out of reach.A replica says a lot about a person.It tells me that they are out for the shortcut,period.Im sorry if Ive broken a few hearts but Im speaking from experience as I once was after the shortcut.It wasnt until I realized that nothing comes easy or without hard work that I was able to aquire some wealth.Hope this helps,

Joe

Doucette
11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
I currently own a replica diablo that has beat real diablos in car shows. Everything on the car is just as good or better than the original.Your website is too wide to read, even in my 1152x864 res. You should only put one picture per row.

[edit]

A change in story implies lying... Upon reading this whole thread, I have to ask... Did your replica beat real Diablos in the car show that you competed in? If so, what Diablos were they?

According to your link, you lied:

http://emil.freecyberzone.com/photo3.html
"The car recently won 1st place in the exotic category at The Extreme Autofest 2003 in Dallas, Tx. It beat a lineup of exotics which included real Ferrari 348's, 1 Ferrari 355 Spider, 1 Ferrari 360 Modena, a customized Bentley, and other exotics."

I highly doubt "other exotics" includes any Lamborghinis.

BTW, that real Viper in the background is nothing to be ashamed of.

Jason Doucette
11-07-2003, 09:17 AM
A replica says a lot about a person.It tells me that they are out for the shortcut,period.Im sorry if Ive broken a few hearts but Im speaking from experience as I once was after the shortcut.It wasnt until I realized that nothing comes easy or without hard work that I was able to aquire some wealth. Very well said.

It seems that people are reacting pretty hard to what Allan has to say. Yes, he may have made the first personal strike, but he did not make the first insult. Consider this: Which is more insulting?

1. A person stating (to a replica owner) his beliefs regarding replicas backed up with actual facts, or
2. A person stating (to an original owner) that a one-man designed replica is better than the original that Lamborghini spent millions researching and developing?

-Davo
11-08-2003, 08:30 PM
I think 2 is more insulting. You can't get more insulting than that. Period. I 'd be pissed of too if I had millions to spare, and I bought the world most exotic car: Diablo VT Roadster '99, and some asshole jackass with a 5 dollar replica is telling me that his foam/polystyren copy is much better than my half a million dollar deal. Fuck that. Eventhough I'd pass him off as a drunk idiot who droped out in grade 7, his continuous mission to prove his plastic cap gun would kill more people than my 1945 mossenburge german riffle would just piss me off even more.

Lambo Maniac
11-09-2003, 01:19 AM
:lol: LOOL nice one _Davo,,
ya I agree too....

lear60man
02-04-2004, 07:20 AM
I agree that there are "types" of people that buy replicas. But I want to bring up another type of person who buys or builds one. Years ago I would never consider one due to the fact that most are shoddy Fiero rebodies that require a ton of work to make look good at 10 feet. The result is a Frankenstein car that will always have problems. Now there are a couple of companies that have got a hold of a real chassis/suspension and put the thing into Autocad. The replica chassis is identical down to the millimeter. Every angle, tube length, dimension, suspension, steering exact. Three companies produce bodies that are dead on due to the fact that at least one used a wrecked Diablo to pull molds off of. So with the aid of computers, a person can have an accurate chassis-suspension, body, real glass etc. In the end it will cost 50-70K to build (getting close to a used Diablo). So why do it? I guess I would be that "other type".

I have owned high end cars, Jaguar, 1995 Lotus Esprit, Porsches (1999 911 is my current car). The reason I sold my Lotus was because I hated puting miles on it and was always afraid of repair costs and leaving it in a parking lot. Could I afford a used Diablo, sure. But I would be in the same situation i was in with the Lotus. I want to drive the hell out of my cars and enjoy them, not wipe them down with a diaper and look at them. I am seriously considering building Diablo replica (with the copied chassis and body). I will be into it more than I spent on my 911 but won't care about milage or repair costs. Diablo clutches are about $5,000 plus labor and only last 7-8 thousand miles. God forbid anything actually breaks! $30,000+ for a rebuild motor? My car will have a new crate Corvette LS1 motor and possibly a supercharger down the road. Check out www.lambolounge.com and take a look at some of the replica interior work etc. The internet has allowed alot of people to share information on what works and what doesn't. Various forums let people know who makes the junk kits and who makes the quality, accurate (molds takes off originals) kits. 10 years ago every kit builder was trial and error (some still are). Today anyone can point, click and buy the best replica, or wholesale, Diablo parts available. It will still be a replica, but one that is visually dead on. Here is a link to a guy who built a great replica Diablo. I think anyone would have to admit that the attention to detail is amazing. Check out the interior and engine bay. http://www.lambolounge.com/Building_Notes/Completed-Diablos/JC/index.asp

I would never taunt a real Diablo owner that mine is better than his, that's asking for trouble. More reliable, yes. Faster, possibly with a supercharger. Better build quality, possibly. But better? That depends on how much enjoyment the person get out of their car.
Thats my 2 cents.

Jason Doucette
02-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Repair costs, insurance costs, taxes, and even gas costs, are all part of the price to own and drive a car. Most people get in over their heads because they do not realize this, but it is true. If you cannot pay for all of these things when you buy a car, then you cannot afford the vehicle. Yes, you may be able to buy it and leave it in a garage - but unless this is your intention, then you cannot afford the vehicle.

Personally, I would doubt any replica would be more reliable than the original. Perhaps only due to a simpler design with less stress due to a less powerful engine. The only proper comparison is to do so with both cars under the same amount of stress.

Also, I would doubt that a replica is faster. Perhaps a Corvette engine with a turbo could outdo it in a straight line, but consider that the Diablo was not designed for that. Take it on the track, and fight it in its own element - the place it was designed to be - and compare the two. I highly doubt the replica would win.

Regarding better build quality... The Diablo is hand made - and probably not with parts you can find at any hardware store. I fail to understand how anyone would believe that a replica would have a better build quality than an original. If anything is better on the original, it would be the build quality. It is one of the reasons the price tag is so high.

My 2 cents...

lear60man
02-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Interesting points. I try to address a couple.

I have driven 3 Diablos over the years, (the people I fly for are also car nuts.) Every one of them sold them for basically the same reason, reliability issues. They got tired of the aggrivation associated with the car. How many times do you think a billionare is willing to get stranded before he says F**K it! Nobody buys an Exotic thinking it will be a reliable car. Reliability generally declines in proportion to the level of performance. We buy exotics for the fun factor. These guys could all "afford" to own one or five, but after a while it lost its mistique.

About build quality. Are Diablos built well? Compared to what? A Honda Accord, no. A 360 modena, similar. A Diablo replica, better than the vast majority. Did you click on the second the second link in my first post? Call it a fake, replica or whatever, but you have to admit he has a well crafted custom car. Then go over to the other Diablo forums and read the maintence posts filled with things that go wrong after a few thousand miles. If we want to be technical, all race cars are "kit cars" because most are made from scratch. Rainard, Van Diemen (sp) Etc all make chassis for teams that fill them with the engine of choce for that season. The Diablo is an exotic and thus will have many things go south twice as quickly as say a NSX or WRX for that matter. It was made to perform like a raped ape not a grocery getter. Now that Audi has a finger in the company I am sure some of these issues will be addressed. The only difference between an exotic and say a Corvette or Viper, in terms of reliability, is cost of repairs. The V12 is a work of art and needs constant love and attention.

<The Diablo is hand made - and probably not with parts you can find at any hardware store. I fail to understand how anyone would believe that a replica would have a better build quality than an original.> Let me explain it this way: a Diablo is hand made by quality craftsman. A replica can be built by a hack or a quality craftsman as well. There is a an ex-soviet MIG factory in Poland making aluminum Cobra bodies from an original Cobra. Yes they are replicas but better quality and more straight/square than the original. I have seen shoddy workmanship on my Lotus and various Testarossas. If Mario is having a bad day in Italy then it will show. If a talented welder here in the states used the same bluprints and the same steel as a Lambo welder well...? If you gave the accurate autocad chassie bluprints to say West Coast Choppers, I am sure the end result would be just as high of quality. Again it all depends on the talent of the craftsmen.

About Price. I won't go into import taxes and fees. A small production run on anything will keep the price high. A simple Diablo starter motor(made by Bosch) is around $1700. A similar Bosch starter for say a 1995 Porsche 996 is about $300. Does that mean the Porsche starter is $1400 less in build quality? ( I would have used a BMW 740 starter as an example, both cars v12's, but didnt have the price off the top of my head). Lamborghini also secures the production rights with their vendors so that people can't bypass the dealer and get one through the vendor directly (also keeping prices high). BTW insurance on an exotic is dirt cheap. Leland West gave me a quote for a 1990 Testarossa with a 5k mile a year limit fot $800USD full coverage. Insurance companies know that the average Exotic owner is over 40 and pampers

Lastly, about affording a real Diablo. I could swing a 70-85K Diablo. Thats not the issue. I drive the piss out of the cars I have owned and don't want to hassle with repair issues and waiting for parts. I only put 4,000 miles on my Lotus in the 18 months I owned it. In the back of my head I knew if it broke down I would have it flat bedded to the dealer where it would sit for at leat 10 days assuming parts could be shipped from Georga. Then I would get hit with a $125/Hr bill plus parts. My Gulfstream IV only costs $65/hr to get worked on. I am lucky to have various exotic dealers within 15 miles of my house here in Los Angeles. If I had unlimited funds I would buy 2 and not care if one was in the shop.

I am sure you have made a bunch of $$ in your computer business in Canada and can have techs flown to you to work on your exotics. Thats great. I like to turn a wrench and like most pilots, I am very anal about the level of work that I perform. My opinions are from personal experiences: Owning high end cars, track days at Laguna Seca, factory tours, building race bikes and yes welding. I will be getting together with a couple of guys who made Diablo Replicas and give them a whirl before I can make an honest evaluation.

So I guess the original question still stands. Is a Replica better than the original? That depends on the owner. But different is more precise. That is why there are a a couple hundred different makes and models of cars out there. And if you can't find a perfect one for you....build it.

-Davo
02-05-2004, 05:56 AM
OK so you would rather the plastic pussy than the real thing, GET OVER IT

Add your comment to this topic!