Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

dash rattle?

reliant2
10-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Searched the rest of the board, didn't see this problem, I apologize if the answer is located elsewhere and I missed it, just picked up a 2000 Custom, love the car, awesome ride, power, etc....I just noticed a rattle or squeak coming from the dash on bumpy roads...sounds like it's coming from the driver's side of the car, maybe from behind the tach. or driver's info. center.

I know I've seen this complaint on other websites, but haven't found a solution for it, and I think there's a TSB out there for it. Anyone out know what causes this rattle/squeak and how to fix it?

Thanks

pcmos
11-07-2004, 10:56 PM
My 2000 LeSabre is up to 80k miles now, I started out with that rattle that you describe, I fixed it by taking the dash completely apart, I removed that big canopy piece that stretches from the drivers side all the way over to the passenger side, and I installed some felt tape anywhere on the canopy where a joint between two pieces occurs. This silenced the rattles pretty well. Now, however, as time has progressed EVERYTHING is rattling. I have no clue how bad the engineering here could be, but I think you will find that it is a losing battle to try and fix these noises, they're not only in the dash now but all of my door panels rattle and the passenger front seat rattles like crazy over bumps. I took it up to the dealer and they tell me there is no fix for any of this it is just the nature of the car, well its bad enough that I am thinking of getting rid of it. If this were ANY other vehicle I would have absolutely abandoned it by now, but it is such a pleasure to drive that I can not face the thought of ditching it. You can't imagine how much I wish it were built well but it really is not. My last ditch effort is going to involve sound isulation blanket that you can buy up at Home Depot, I am going to try and pack the dash full of padding and replace all of the stupid clips that hold the junk plastic parts together.

reliant2
11-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the reply, it vindicates my decision to get rid of the car....terrible that GM would sell such a product

93buicklesabrelmtd
01-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Starting to notice this problem in my 93 lesabre limited. Vibrations can be heard in reverse and drive, when I give a little throttle vibrations disappear quickly. No vibrations during driving. Only notice at low speeds bellow 5mph. Specially at stop lights!! When switched in Neutrual or Park vibrations decrease. Any ideas? Car works perfect besides vibrations. Its becoming annoying.

Add your comment to this topic!