Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lol

MBTN
04-08-2001, 12:07 PM
Ha, no one posted here yet!:D

i_rebel
05-11-2001, 03:43 PM
Well you could of at least tried to make the first post worth something . . .

Isn't it true that Rolls is now owned by either Ford or VW?

vectorclub
11-02-2001, 01:56 PM
Rools Royce is a BMW owned brand that is leased to VW for another year. Then Rolls Royce will be built in Germany. I think BMW does want to build a British factory, but the crew days are over. This will be the first time Rolls Royce has been built outside of England since 1929 when the American Rolls Royce Company closed. Many claim the American Rolls was better then the British version. Maybe the German version will be better then the British built Rolls have been. Perosnally I feel the loss of the Rolls engine and British built tradtion means the end of Rolls Royce as we know it.

Hudson
11-05-2001, 12:41 PM
Rolls-Royce is not being "leased" to VW at the moment. VW bought the company, but failed to secure the rights to the name, logo, grille, and mascot. BMW, who already had an arrangement with Rolls-Royce PLC (the owner of the aformentioned bits) and bought the rights to these things out from under VW. Volkswagen was left with a car and a factory, neither which they could call "Rolls-Royce." Through an argeement, VW will build and market the Rolls-Royce cars through the end of next year. As of January 1, 2003, BMW will take over production and sales of the brand.

Rolls-Royces will not be produced in Germany. They will come out of a new factory being built in England.

The Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph was designed with BMW and uses many parts from the BMW bin. As part of the VW/BMW agreement, BMW parts continue to be supplied for the Silver Seraph and, to a lesser extent, for the Bentley Arnage.

Ando_Rules
06-22-2002, 08:22 PM
wow i always thought VW opwned well thanx for telling me da real info guys

CarPassionist
02-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Rolls-Royce is not being "leased" to VW at the moment. VW bought the company, but failed to secure the rights to the name, logo, grille, and mascot. BMW, who already had an arrangement with Rolls-Royce PLC (the owner of the aformentioned bits) and bought the rights to these things out from under VW. Volkswagen was left with a car and a factory, neither which they could call "Rolls-Royce." Through an argeement, VW will build and market the Rolls-Royce cars through the end of next year. As of January 1, 2003, BMW will take over production and sales of the brand.

In fact VW had won the auction, the Bavarians took RR under the table!With the simpliest excuse, that they could stop the delivery of parts for the Seraph within days...

Rolls-Royces will not be produced in Germany. They will come out of a new factory being built in England.

The Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph was designed with BMW and uses many parts from the BMW bin. As part of the VW/BMW agreement, BMW parts continue to be supplied for the Silver Seraph and, to a lesser extent, for the Bentley Arnage.

Almost right... :rolleyes:
The aluminium spaceframe comes ready loaded on truck from Dingolfing(Germany) as well as most electronic and mechanical parts :mad: :rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!