Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Transmission?

magmopus
04-08-2001, 09:08 AM
I bought a new Tacoma 3 weeks ago (4 cyl. / Auto). I've noticed the first shift it does when accelerating is really rough. Also approximately 10 to 20 seconds after coming to a complete stop you can feel this strange surge of energy almost like it wants to take off even though I have my foot on the brake. I called the dealership and they told me that it's normal to feel these things because it is a rubber mounted transmission. They did say they would test drive it when I take it in for the first oil change but I was wanting to know if there are other Tacoma owner's who could tell me if they have experienced the same things. THANKS

Reaper
04-10-2001, 04:35 PM
Well I don't know about the rough shifting in 1st/2nd. I don't have that problem. Although since I replaced my tranny it does kinda jerk the truck when it is cold and I stick it in reverse. If I let it warm up more it isn't bad.

As for the sudden surge. That is normal for the auto tranny. You will notice it even more with the A/C on.

Later bud...

:bonghitte

MIKECORPSINC
05-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Harsh Shift Is Usually Caused By Either High Or Low Fluid Pressure. When Your Trans Is Clod The Pressure Is Low, Because The Fluid Is Thicker, Making It Harder To Move Throughout The Trans.

If Your Trans Is Shifting Harsh When It Is Hot, You May Want To Change Your Filter

Add your comment to this topic!