Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Converting an r34 gtt to a gtr what needs to be done?

KiNG Of CaRS
10-26-2003, 01:33 AM
ok now before i buy this skyline i found one that i really like but its a gtt i will link pics to it im in the us its a 98 and its only 20's imported i dont care where i have to buy parts or have em shipped from i was just wondering what would need to be done to convert it to a gtr before i purchase it.

Mick Trainer
10-26-2003, 02:40 AM
Oh if you want a GTR buy a GTR it will be a huge expencive job to convert it. GTR's have a different motor, Attessa AWD, Hicas AWS, wide body etc etc etc and all computers, looms etc that go with it. You would basically be gutting the car and starting again.

Mick.

KiNG Of CaRS
10-26-2003, 01:30 PM
well i dont really have the 85g's to spend on a car thats why i wanted to buy a gtt for 20g's and convert it so how much would it cost to convert? i dont care about body i know it has dif engine and all wheel drive and everything but what would be needed to do it?

also the car that i would be getting is from omega skylines has anyone bought and had imported from them before?

Mick Trainer
10-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Very hard for me too say with you being in the US as prices would vary so much from here in Oz. But with labour etc you could go through close to your $60,000 pretty quick. To get all you need you would be best to buy a crashed GTR and rip the bits off that. 2 half cuts would cost you around $20,000 and should get you all that you need and then you would need to swap it all across. Probably need a lot of machining too to make sure it all fits, brackets etc.

Maybe you care and maybe you don't but if you can't afford to buy a GTR then you can't afford to own one. These cars are very expensive to own. The come with GTR sized bills. Putting one on a dyno periodically is a must. It is a lot dearer to own a GTR than a Gtt, gtst etc. This is one of the reasons why they are cheap. Many people buy them and then can't afford to keep them.

Mick.

KiNG Of CaRS
10-26-2003, 08:44 PM
ok well i would do all work myself i dont trust anyone with my car so i would do it so it would cost me somewhere around 30g probably then because what would have to be fabricated if i couldnt do it then i would have to have it made thanks also what do you think about omega skylines?

Mick Trainer
10-26-2003, 08:56 PM
Never heard of them. Like I said I am in Australia.

SkylineUSA
10-27-2003, 12:18 AM
First of all you are in the states, parts would kill you trying to make that change.
Second, Omega will rip you off.

Do a search on them, you will find a lot of info, none of it good.

KiNG Of CaRS
10-28-2003, 12:12 AM
ok thanks for the help guys :) great forum and u guys are nice i mod a forum so i know what its like to have new people sorry for all the questions but thanks for the help :)

ZZII
11-19-2003, 08:52 AM
Dude like everyone else was saying just buy a different car. The GT-R IS a totally different car. It has a different engine, AWD, CPU, 4WS, Suspension sys, and etc. Sorry dude, but just keep on saving.

biggyglenn
12-05-2003, 02:33 AM
Why not just modify the gtt to put out what it is capable of...I own a 98 GTT with about 25k US$+ worth of modifications and it is an impresive car, not only the way it looks and sounds but the way it goes. Love the waste gate blow off and rear wheel kick out. If you like the feel of a classic muscle car with modern funtionality, tis the way to go. Plus as the guys pointed out a GTR is more expensive to own than to buy...even my GTT takes some maintaining...it only has 16000km and it's need a lot of care. If you want to see more...drop me a mail, i'm in hong kong, so my reply with be a day later

NiteskyR
12-06-2003, 06:22 AM
The rb25 det is a potent engine , only recently a chap has made 414 bhp at the hubs , on 1.1bar .

Add your comment to this topic!