Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hard water spots

hondagal
10-25-2003, 10:12 PM
I need help removing hard water spots from my car windows( 98 Honda Accord). I moved to California from New York and now I have hard water spots on all the windows that I can't get off. Does anyone know of something that will remove these spots so I can see out of my windows again? I have tried everything!( steel wool, vinegar, special windex....) All I had to worry about in New York was removing the ice and snow!

Hondagal

BullShifter
10-26-2003, 01:29 AM
The best way I know for removing the spots is with glass polish. http://www.topoftheline.com/tolae/glasspolish.html
Similar products can be found @ many auto parts store, some will be chrome & glass polish.

accordztech
10-26-2003, 01:41 AM
yea there are some products out there but the one i found works is this compound thats already liquid and u dont have to mix with water...its a pastey thing that goes on the car. its called "nothins better" its a window polish as well and this DOES work...

92lx
10-26-2003, 01:29 PM
if you can't find any named product, just ask the guy at the auto store, he should be able to help.

You may also try the old school vinegar and alcohol mixture, I don't think I've seen anything that holds up to that mixture for long....

- Nathan

akina_speedstars
10-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Lime-Away or CLR will remove hard water spots.
It's very strong so you will want to be careful that it doesn't get on painted metal surfaces and you will want to wear latex gloves while cleaing with it and keep it away from contact from the eyes and skin.

If either of those cleaners don't work, then those aren't hard water spots.

Add your comment to this topic!