Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Datsun 260C Engine work

thegreken
10-25-2003, 06:21 AM
Hey everyone, im a newbie here, so if someone has already asked this, can someone just show me the link.

I have a Datsun 260C 1974 model. Its a 6 cylinder 4spd manual. Stock.
4door, and pretty heavy (i think around 1500kg)

This is what im thinking of doing to the engine
triple webers
extractors
change the cam
sports exhaust
and maybe some internal work.

I want to get it to run 14's. Only thing is, this car is pretty heavy.

Anyone done this before? Any suggestions as to what i could do? Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

slave
01-23-2004, 10:21 AM
I'd suggest you drop in a 720's diff. Its a 4.56 ratio. Good for acceleration. The carbs are a good choice. The cam really depends on any other head work you want to do. Good valve set up, and porting with a cam (making sure to match the valve springs to the cam). The L engines really respond well to head work. Just a port job can open a lot of power in them.

*PS this is slaves mate Shaddow*

childofjack
05-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Hey there, I'm new in here as well.

I own a datsun 260c automatic from 12/73 but registered as a 74 model. It's great to find somebody else with the same model, as these seem pretty rare. I've had mine for 2,5 months now and I just love that car. I'm thinking of doing pretty much the same conversions to mine as you will be doing. But I'm on a tight budget, and have other projects coming up first, 1: a decent stereo, 2: some nice mags, im thinking dragway splat, an aussie brand. I would love to hear more about how your project is going! I don't think the weight of the car will be the biggest problem, personally I'm more conserned about the stiffness of the body beeing a four door, my body has no rust in it and still I can hear the door seals squeeking when I croos steep driveways and stuff, I think I'm gonna weld all the panels fully and see if i can enforce the body in different places. I have also considered nitro! it's a really good engine and I believe that it'll be able to handle it on the drag once in a while. by the way I live in Adelaide south Australia, where abouts do you come from?

slave
05-20-2004, 06:46 PM
This SLAVE himself here, dont take the word of the guy who borrowed my log in. (ie- dont ask me to ask him for advice, he knows sweet FA)

Add your comment to this topic!