How close can replicas come to an original (ebay auction)?

Doucette
10-24-2003, 11:49 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2438706020

"The most exact Diablo Roadster replica. This is the closest you can get to a real Lamborghini Roadster without spending $260K. No expense will be spared in completing this Roadster. This is a 2001 Lamborghini Roadster replica built on a Fiero GT chassis. All the fiberglass has been hand laid. This Lamborghini has been professionally mounted on the fiero chassis. The 325 HP High Performance V8 will give great sound and SPEED behind its fast look. That is just one advantage over a V6. Without seeing the motor no one except a Lamborghini expert will be able to tell that it is in fact a kit."

Read that last sentence. Is this really true?

Kerbie
10-24-2003, 05:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2438706020

"Without seeing the motor no one except a Lamborghini expert will be able to tell that it is in fact a kit."

That is just marketing.
There are some nice ones out there, but anyone that is any kind of lambo fan or enthusiast will see the subtle errors.

if you want the car... its really up to you. Do you want a fake?
i wouldnt.

Doucette
10-24-2003, 06:16 PM
In the sense you are talking about, sure I want the real thing. But certain places offer pretty cool replicas. Check out these guys:

http://www.factoryfive.com/

488 bhp
0-60 mph 3.75 sec
mile 10.99 sec @ 133 mph
http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/roadster/performance/perform.html

That's a pretty high performance replica. A fake diablo with a V6 is just not the same thing as a replica that can perform as well as the original.

-Davo
10-25-2003, 01:55 AM
I thought Lamborghini stoped production of the VT roadsters in 1999.

A 2001 VT Roadster? My ass.

Doucette
10-25-2003, 02:28 AM
I thought Lamborghini stoped production of the VT roadsters in 1999.

A 2001 VT Roadster? My ass.Good point too.

Lambo Maniac
10-25-2003, 03:10 PM
agree...and by the way..i am a lambo expert, and I easily saw the error in this replica..look at the pic of the front of the car, see how front lights have a very sharp edge on the sides? aint they also a bit wider than they are supposed to be? the lights also tend to go further and lower than they r originally. as for the interior...i say nothin about it,,seems awesome..

Doucette
10-25-2003, 05:03 PM
agree...and by the way..i am a lambo expert, and I easily saw the error in this replica..look at the pic of the front of the car, see how front lights have a very sharp edge on the sides? aint they also a bit wider than they are supposed to be? the lights also tend to go further and lower than they r originally. as for the interior...i say nothin about it,,seems awesome..I couldn't tell the difference. But you probably are better at it than I am. This one doesn't jump out screaming, "I'M A REPLICA", like most do! It looks pretty good.

...now that I look again, the headlights look huge... they are bigger than they should be (I think).

Lambo Maniac
10-25-2003, 05:24 PM
oh ya doucette,

i know overall it is the best replica i saw...

allanlambo
10-26-2003, 01:59 AM
First off, the lights on the replica are exactly the same, they both use 300zx headlights. When you look at a replica upclose, they are all hideous. They look good from far, but far from good. All proportions are wrong, the interiors do not line up, in the coupes you are actually sitting by the secondary rear window, when in the real deal it is behind you. The wheels always stick out too far, or are in too far, the windows are different, etc. They always look like ass. Now if you see one fly by on the highway you wouldnt notice these things. As for the interior pictures, just to show you how shady kit car guys are, the interior pic is of a real car, you can compare it with the one of the car with the door closed and you will notice the difference.

Also, a kit will never reproduce the feeling and sound of the real deal. What can you expect from a car made of parts from scrapyard cars. The biggest mistake is, you will always be considered a poser, and a fake. When people find out it is a replica, they will laugh at you.

Dont get me wrong, i have nothing against kit cars, cars like the Ultima, the Cobra, etc are cool, but others are not.

-Davo
10-26-2003, 01:39 AM
Well SoOrRrYy Mr 'I own a 98 SV' :D
(kiddin')

I wouldn't buy a kit car, hell no, i'd be more happy with my ford laser! :D

Lambo Maniac
10-26-2003, 08:38 AM
thanks allan..u da man.

Menu dei Motori
10-26-2003, 12:03 PM
there was never a 2001 diablo roadster.

the last edition was the millenium roadster!

-Davo
10-27-2003, 12:25 AM
i didn't know they made a millenium roadster? Just he coupe

V12Unleash
10-27-2003, 01:06 AM
this replica is quite bad in fact!

first of all, the distance of the roof opening is far too close, front windsheild is flat.

front bumper is .......

interior seems like more of the 2001 VT kind

and the guy is DOGGY!!!! PUTTING a real DIABLO's INTERIOR AND POSING AS HIS OWN CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the whole car is screwed....

i still say, if you can't afford a diablo, buy lottory or try to do some thing can make serious money, don't get something like this

raven1822
10-27-2003, 04:27 AM
No replica or me. I would honestly take a brand spankin new KIA before I drive a replica Lamborghini. If I can have the real thang, I 'll pass.

Doucette
10-27-2003, 08:16 AM
this replica is quite bad in fact!

first of all, the distance of the roof opening is far too close, front windsheild is flat.

front bumper is .......

interior seems like more of the 2001 VT kind

and the guy is DOGGY!!!! PUTTING a real DIABLO's INTERIOR AND POSING AS HIS OWN CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the whole car is screwed....

i still say, if you can't afford a diablo, buy lottory or try to do some thing can make serious money, don't get something like thisThe reason he calls it a 2001 is because the interior is suppose to be based off the 2001 Diablo.

crayzayjay
10-27-2003, 08:56 AM
No replica or me. I would honestly take a brand spankin new KIA before I drive a replica Lamborghini. If I can have the real thang, I 'll pass.
I'd rather walk than drive a KIA, so no thanks, ill take the replica

lovetogofast
10-27-2003, 07:40 PM
ive talked to this guy and he now wants $65000.00!!! so this auction is just a joke...i bet he is going to cut out parts for his high bidder so i hope no one falls for this one. plus the engine he is using is a used one.

Diavolo
11-03-2003, 01:04 PM
I'll take the replica over the Kia as well, it's also better than owning a ricer Civic!

-Davo
11-03-2003, 10:02 PM
The reason he calls it a 2001 is because the interior is suppose to be based off the 2001 Diablo.

from my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong)

if the interior is based on a 2001 diablo, but the exterior is a 99 roadster, it doesn't make a lickin' differance.
It's still based on a 99 model. He could have a merch interior and a 92 ext, he still has to call it a 92 diablo, because that's what it is basically. It's not a law, or a 'rule', it's just more ethical to call it what it actually is.
If you got a upgrade on your 92 model interior or 95, is it now a 95 model? or still a 92 model?

Even the engine is probily only a porche engine, which mean's it's not a VT! Or a diablo in ANY case! (imo)

IMO, i think he's trying to 'scab' more money by claiming it's a higher year model than it actually is, thus, people think "oh, a 2001 model, that's only 2 years old!" and because of this false assumption, he may think he can get a higher price (by default, newer cars are more expensive than older cars, which means more money for him!)

Or, he's just a bloody idiot and wouldn't know a pair of tits if they bounced in his face.
I'm suprised he spelt the car name right (lamborghini)

I'd rather take the kia over the rep and walking. I hate reps, and i hate walking.

Doucette
11-04-2003, 09:08 AM
if the interior is based on a 2001 diablo, but the exterior is a 99 roadster, it doesn't make a lickin' differance.
It's still based on a 99 model. He could have a merch interior and a 92 ext, he still has to call it a 92 diablo, because that's what it is basically. It's not a law, or a 'rule', it's just more ethical to call it what it actually is.I completely agree.

-Davo
11-05-2003, 09:26 PM
well thank you :)

hiphophomer
11-06-2003, 08:12 PM
guys why a kia there like the last gayest japenese company since its owned by gmc, but why not like a v6 or something american chevy, ford, or dodge?and i doubt you would pick a kia over a replica if you got to pick one for free
;p
im saying because at least the engine is faster and is a chevy better than kia....not cuz i like reps but at least not as bad like kia...i hate evry jap company i would rather have a fast rep than a cheap ugly piece of shit i ahte, and u can sell the rep for more too :p

crayzayjay
11-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Thanks for that highly intelligent and articulate post. Btw, Kia is Korean, but let me guess, you hate every Korean company too, right?

Lambo Maniac
11-07-2003, 01:20 PM
well i assume that too...heh heh heh...

hiphophomer
11-07-2003, 07:04 PM
yeah i do and i heard that kia was now owned by gmc though....dont blame me blame my friend that told me it

jjw879
10-10-2008, 12:10 AM
I think all you Lambo "experts" are dreamers who think they are too good for a replica of something way out of ther league. These guys put their heart and soul into these cars just the same as a classic nut would, who cares if something just isn't right, if they like it thats all that matters. Most of you guys probably have no hands on (real) experience with the genuine article anyways.

'97ventureowner
10-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
If a thread has been closed, there is probably a logical reason for it. If you feel that the reason(s) for closure of the original thread are unjustified or wish further clarification feel free to contact any member of the moderating team. However, do not start a new thread about another closed thread.

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!