Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gsr mod help

ZackKVtec
10-24-2003, 01:11 AM
whats up i have a 96 integra gsr, i have an aem cai and a greddy sp catback, im thinking of adding : pulleys, cam gears, cams, high flow cat, headers, a lightened flywheel, and a new clutch. does anyone have any suggestions for what i should add next out of that list and any other stuff you have added to your car that you think are worth while , thanks alot guys

1st mod: aem cai noticable sound difference, little speed difference
2nd mod: greddy sp catback, medium sound difference, huuge power gains, when i used to shift into third vtec would take a second to come on, now when i shift into third i chirp the tires and vtec is already engaged ::::swwweeeeeeeet::::

Spectre927
10-24-2003, 01:39 AM
I dont think the exhaust has anything to do with VTEC engaging earlier. Maybe you're just getting better at driving, or you're tires are balding. Also, you might consider an OBD1 conversion. I wouldn't go with the harness to ECU, though you could, but maybe a prebuilt OBD1 that goes plugs right in, my local shop is building them(hondata is thinking about buying some off of them) $360 a peice.

KrNxRaCer00
10-24-2003, 06:18 AM
whats up i have a 96 integra gsr, i have an aem cai and a greddy sp catback, im thinking of adding : pulleys, cam gears, cams, high flow cat, headers, a lightened flywheel, and a new clutch. does anyone have any suggestions for what i should add next out of that list and any other stuff you have added to your car that you think are worth while , thanks alot guys

1st mod: aem cai noticable sound difference, little speed difference
2nd mod: greddy sp catback, medium sound difference, huuge power gains, when i used to shift into third vtec would take a second to come on, now when i shift into third i chirp the tires and vtec is already engaged ::::swwweeeeeeeet::::

uhm...hate to break it to u, but the exhaust isn't going to change ur gear ratio (which would effect wut RPM u shift into).

maybe ur shifting at a higher RPM...as for the tires...agreements w/ spec.

ur not going to see the torque gains that u'd need to make a difference...

as for the next mod, i'd purchase HONDATA then goto a dyno an tune it.

ZackKVtec
10-24-2003, 09:14 AM
come to think about it , maybe i am getting better at driving, but i think that the when i freed up the extra air with the exhaust+intake i made the conversion into vtec a little less harsh that it was before, also my engine seemed like it was choking alittle bit before i hit vtec before so when i freed up that excess air i was able to hit vtec earlier (or so it seemed, my engine was just winding up faster) thanks guys, but honestly what is hondata and odb1, could you explain a little.

Spectre927
10-24-2003, 11:53 AM
OBD1 is a much less restrictive engine control unit. Its much more mod friendly then todays OBD2/3? ecus which are more environment friendly, Ive heard they can limit gains by sticking with stock recommendations which I'm guessing is why some people like to reset the ECU(so it thinks the mods are stock?) Well, Im sure you did free up some HP, but once you get headers, they should relieve even more pressure and you'll get even better flow.

ZackKVtec
10-24-2003, 12:18 PM
sweet, so what should i get an odb1 ecu, or a hondata ecu

97gsr
10-24-2003, 01:02 PM
that one is up to you and your budget....
if money aint a thang :naughty: ... then go hondata...
if this is ur daily driver, and u just want a less restrictive ecu--
then im thinking a chipped or piggybacked(v-afc) obd1 is fine

Add your comment to this topic!