Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nsx

VT3C07
10-23-2003, 06:43 PM
I drive a gsr, and was wondering what the odds were of being able to but in a nsx engin relativly easaly, even if it would take some intense work if any one has done this or knows roughly how to get that project started that would be great.
Thanks

blindmonk228
10-23-2003, 09:45 PM
:sly: can you even afford a nsx motor? and the only configuration of a nsx put into a fwd car was in a crx, but the mounted it in the rear a made it a rwd. well signal auto has a civic with a nsx motor in the front too. all that work is going to cost more than just buying a 91 nsx for a good price.

VT3C07
10-23-2003, 10:53 PM
yeah money isnt really an issue, i mean i can come up with it, but im not so big into doing something that wouldnt turn out to be cost affective. But how much do you think that would coast (after labor) to have it mounted in the rear?

4drb16civic
10-24-2003, 01:06 AM
another crazy idea lol. arent NSX RWD? if they are, good luck man.

MastaCivic
10-24-2003, 10:05 AM
Well Apparently You's don't keep up with Nopi too much bc AEM has a 2001-2002(can't remember which year) Civic with an NSX Motor Mounted in the FRONT and its rear wheel drive. Now the way they did it tho was create a fiberglass body set to drag car specs so all they really had to worry about was making a frame for the engine to fit on because the body was made to fit. In a stock car like yours, it's probably not as easy, bc you probably don't have the option to slap a new body on the car to make it fit. Also ground clearance would proabably also be a problem bc thats a LOT bigger engine going in the car. Anyway, sorry if I made some bad points or something, I gotta run I'm late for class so thats why this may sound rushed or just completely wrong all together.

crxlvr
10-24-2003, 03:30 PM
another motor you can swap that ive seen done into a 96-98 civic hatch was a 3.2CL motor, mounted in the front.

VT3C07
10-25-2003, 03:23 AM
cant remember the code for it but what about the s2000 engine?

jcrx
10-25-2003, 06:42 AM
There is nothing relatively easy about dropping either of those motors into a teg. Think completely custom fitting welding to place the engine and get the completely differentdrive trains to work in your sideways mounted front engine comparment

4drb16civic
10-26-2003, 12:32 AM
cant remember the code for it but what about the s2000 engine?
F20 i think. u would probably need some work in the engine bay because of the vertical engine position in the s2000 vs. a horizontal engine position in the teg.

LS-2000-NOS
10-27-2003, 01:54 PM
well if ya can fit it under the hood its possible
remember guys the NSX is a RWD Mid/rear engine car so it would have the same motor setup and a FWD Front engine car its just a matter of custom fabrication and uh a shitload of work (youll find NSX motors arent that expensive) but you would definatly be better off trying to do a H22 swap from a Preulude SH or somthing if money isnt an issue that is they make mounts for it an everything

Ace$nyper
10-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Signal did it in an EK so i guess its do able it was a bitch to fab everything and shoe horn that in but i bet it was damned fast. Signals was FF still. I know it was at TAS a few years ago can't find the pics though.

VT3C07
10-27-2003, 09:46 PM
i looked at the h22 and i read somewhere in Honda Tuning that they droped that in a civic.
so would it be easear and cheaper to do that (by cheaper i really mean the maximum hp/speed gain for the money i would spend) and if so about how much after mounts and all that crap that i dont want to list?

LS-2000-NOS
10-27-2003, 11:23 PM
the H22 from the SH complete changeover would cost you about 5 grand with the proper mounts etc

Add your comment to this topic!