Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How safe is it... NOS?

Signal-Eye
10-22-2003, 02:17 PM
I wqas thinking of adding Nos to my car....for testing something.
Accord sedan 2003..Just for testing. and take it of after that.

How safe will the nos work on a i-vtec automatic trans.?
Much people put NOS on their cars...but..is it 100% or 99,9% that it will damage the engine?
Need some answers
Sounds sick of me right? :screwy: :naughty: :eek7: :nono: :lol2:

Thnx in advance...

Sexy beast
10-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Intersting question, some people say its perfectly safe, others say that is screws up your piston rings because of the intense blow-by...I wonder :sly:

blade200369
10-22-2003, 03:19 PM
nos is not good for your motor at all if you don't know what you are doing. the first time you spray you could mess something up and usually no one wants that. even though you spray once that one time you could blow one thing or your whole motor. it is basically up to you but i wouldn't do it at all.

bckwld03
10-22-2003, 06:46 PM
so what exactly are you testing that you would need nitrous?

BullShifter
10-23-2003, 12:57 AM
The "safest" beginner nitrous system would be a Zex dry kit using the 55HP shot. Read,understand, follow the direction & you should be fine. NOS is too involved for a basic kit & harder to remove than ZEX if you bust something. Your car is still under warranty, so if something breaks you can always put it back to stock & they "may" never know & fix it for free.

Hot Rod had an article about some guys that rented a Neon and took it too the track. They ran it, then juiced it, & finally did a 200HP that popped the engine. Once the nitrous was removed they had it towed back to the rental place & got their money back.

92lx
10-23-2003, 01:15 AM
If done correctly with proper engine management, and in small doses, it'll be perfectly fine. I have disassembled motor after Nitrous use....and when the driver knew what the heck they were doing.....I saw no signs of damage. Then I've also seen the bad side of nitrous (NOS is a brand name not the actual part/product/whatever btw).....where people have either installed the stuff improper, or used it like idiots.

auto transmission in hondas are typically capable of just as much as teh 5sp, just a little more power loss through the drive train. It helps to have a transmission cooler in extreme race conditions, but other than that, the auto is pretty much as strong - in all my experience.

- Nathan

BullShifter
10-23-2003, 01:21 AM
It helps to have a transmission cooler in extreme race conditions, but other than that, the auto is pretty much as strong - in all my experience.

- Nathan

:iceslolan Not if its a '98 & newer V6 auto trans (honda/acura)

92lx
10-24-2003, 03:13 AM
ya, those darn J series engines....

*sigh*

- Nathan

Add your comment to this topic!