Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

exhaust Hoods for Airbrushing - Anyone built one? Any How To's?

VnnyDaPooh
10-22-2003, 09:49 AM
I'm thinking about building my own ehaust hood for airbrushing. I do it inside the house and have noticed that small particles of paint are starting to get on stuff. Mainly becuase I don't have an exhaust vent/hood. Anyone here built thier own or know what a good way to go about it is? Basiacally, I'm looking for a how to or whatnot. If someone's already done it, might as well so that I don't have to go through the whole process of trial and error. Any thoughts??

freakray
10-22-2003, 09:58 AM
I'm thinking about building my own ehaust hood for airbrushing. I do it inside the house and have noticed that small particles of paint are starting to get on stuff. Mainly becuase I don't have an exhaust vent/hood. Anyone here built thier own or know what a good way to go about it is? Basiacally, I'm looking for a how to or whatnot. If someone's already done it, might as well so that I don't have to go through the whole process of trial and error. Any thoughts??

Have a look on www.modelcartech.com there is an excellent 'how to' on making your own spray booth written by Klaus Raddatz.

willimo
10-22-2003, 10:51 AM
I nice fella posted how he made his right here on AF. He calls it a spray booth, but it all boils down to the same broth in the end.

If you look here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t127429.html) you can read it up.

ImportBuilder
10-22-2003, 01:06 PM
Just go to Home Depot or sumthin and buy a bathroom vent fan. mount it on some plywood, and place it in ur window. u know, like a doggie door that goes in those sliding class doors? might look kinda like this:
| |
| |
| |
| |
|__|
|F |
| A |
| N|
|__|

srry bout the cruddy drawing. u get the idea, though?

Add your comment to this topic!