Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Military personelles able to purchase cars cheap overseas?

Super ~o Sperm
10-22-2003, 03:29 AM
I have a brother who was in Japan and will be going back there agian soon, and was wondering if hes over there if it would be worth importing a Supra over to the US. I heard that they get cars over there cheap.

Whast the truth to this? Are the supras in Just generally worth less than they are in the US? Does anyone know if I have to crash test it and how much would it cost to fix the car to pass emissions in the US?

If anyone has done this? Please I would like a Supra but I think I'd just rather just go to some car aution and find it cheaper.

MioCLK
10-22-2003, 10:04 PM
I have a brother who was in Japan and will be going back there agian soon, and was wondering if hes over there if it would be worth importing a Supra over to the US. I heard that they get cars over there cheap.

Whast the truth to this? Are the supras in Just generally worth less than they are in the US? Does anyone know if I have to crash test it and how much would it cost to fix the car to pass emissions in the US?

If anyone has done this? Please I would like a Supra but I think I'd just rather just go to some car aution and find it cheaper.

Buying a Japanese-brand car in Japan is certainly cheaper than in the US.
I believe the Supra had already been discontinued.
There is an alternative though.
The Aristo (Lexus GS), it is offered with the supra twin-turbo engine.

If you want to import cars to the US, and have it registered to LEGALLY drive on public roads/highways. The car has to be "converted" into US-spec through a Registered Importer (RI) and this is a lot of work.
So its best for you just buy a used Supra here in the US.

Add your comment to this topic!