Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine swap

accordgsr@hotmail.
12-08-2001, 01:59 PM
I just put a 93 gsr 1.7 vtec in a 91 integ gs, it had a b18a. Now there are no back up lights or turn signals, any suggestions?

JD@af
12-08-2001, 02:04 PM
I assume you've already checked and re-checked all your wiring and connections? And how did you deal with the different ECU's? Did you retain the '93 GS-R ECU, or keep the dsitributor and ECU from the GS?

accordgsr@hotmail.
12-08-2001, 02:22 PM
I used the gs wiring harness, a pwo ecu, and b16a1 distributor and injectors. I originally used the b16 harness but it didn't have the 8 pin connector (that the reverse lights go through). So I went to a b18a harness and hardwired the 4 wires that we needed.This engine is just in the car until we finish building his b16.

JD@af
12-08-2001, 02:33 PM
Shit... hate to say it, but I don't know. With my limited knowledge of the electronics, it sounds like you've covered your bases.....

:D How long before that B16 is supposed to be ready? :D

accordgsr@hotmail.
12-09-2001, 02:23 AM
Well, he got a loan so now all we're waiting for is the head and ecu- they were both sent to cali for port, polish, valves, and tuning. They were supposed to be shipped last week. But he keeps adding to parts, now he's thinking about pistons. we had the head set up for ls/vtec but are he is planning on just putting it on the b16 and of he doesn't like it going ls/vtec. Any input on ls/vtec so we aren't doing this any more than necessary?

accordgsr@hotmail.
12-09-2001, 06:12 AM
found it, stupid me, I spent 3 hours checking and rechecking to find a blown fuse. Thanks for the assistance

JD@af
12-09-2001, 08:51 PM
Glad you located it. As for input on the LS/VTEC, I've heard mixed reviews about them. I know they can make great power, as they use the "torquey" B18B block, but the block just isn't suited for high rpm use the way the VTEC blocks are. That's the trade-off. Poke around here, you'll be able to find more information about them.

Add your comment to this topic!