Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

All Missourians please read...

Mrock
10-22-2003, 12:05 AM
Hey everyone. Came upon a bit of a problem. I run a little car club here in central Missouri, Columbia to be exact. The club isn't anything serious, just friends who join every few weeks to hang out and have some fun. Cars aren't elite and whatnot..just average cars (for the most part). Anyways, I am arranging a club event...and I was hoping to have a group ride to a drag strip (either 1/4 or 1/8) somewhere within 2 hours or so of Columbia.

I was told Scott City had a 1/8 track, and was "close" to Jefferson City. Checked mapblast, and it says Scott City is 3 hours and 45 minutes away...it is closer to Columbia than it is Jefferson City- so obviously the information I got was wrong.

The question is, does ANYONE know of any strips located in Central Missouri? It's alright if it's even 3 hours (that's pushing it, however)...but really- anything that is closer than 3 hours and 45 minutes is better. Hell, we could just ride to St. Louis, or Kansas City if we wanted to drive that far. I'd appreciate ANY info...Thanks...

-Mike

DUNBAR
11-08-2003, 10:12 AM
less than 2 hours. mar, (Mid America Raceway) about 45 min to an hour outside of St Louis. Unless you want to pass it up and drive straight through to Gateway International. you'll save about 5 bucks going to gateway but it's a farther drive. I think the guys out at mar are much cooler anyway. Sorry i traded my honda for a G35 but if you all come out there to race let me know i'll come out

Mrock
12-02-2003, 11:07 PM
We'll be at KCIR on March 27th. I was thinking about mar, but I didn't have enough info in time, and I had to choose a time. That'll be the day. I'm cutting all of the non-active members, and basically starting out with the people who know their cars, just haven't got them modded yet. I myself, am quite possibly ordering a z6 block next week...going to build it and turbo, but at the track, I'll just be running the stock d15b2 motor, most likely. I'll probably have a catback exhaust, but that's about it..gonna put most of my money into the new engine!

Add your comment to this topic!